• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jacob Mason Commits!

He was a first team all metro player on both sides of the ball. Could play DE or OL well. 3 star out of high school

I think this is an addition that Griz fans should be excited about. Small town guy that absolutely tears it up in high school gets overlooked by big school in his state. These kinda guys have been the heart of Griz recruiting in Washington and Oregon for all of our best years This guy will be hungry and not thinking he is doing Griz a favor by being here. Same thing will Racanelli. He was finally healthy last year. And he made one of the greatest special teams blocks in Griz history. This year he will play a bigger role and might be best Griz receiver heading into 25.

I think this is an addition that Griz fans should be excited about. Small town guy that absolutely tears it up in high school gets overlooked by big school in his state. These kinda guys have been the heart of Griz recruiting in Washington and Oregon for all of our best years This guy will be hungry and not thinking he is doing Griz a favor by being here. Same thing will Racanelli. He was finally healthy last year. And he made one of the greatest special teams blocks in Griz history. This year he will play a bigger role and might be best Griz receiver heading into 25.
Racanelli was in an arm sling at the spring scrimmage.

As for Mason, I like his size at DE.

Jake is a great addition, he will come in and compete right away. He played at a strong 3A high school program at Ferndale against good competition and was a difference maker on both sides of the ball. More of a 4-3 DE but it seems like the Griz might be going to more even fronts going forward. Smart kid, a hard worker and a team guy. I think it will be a great fit.

Jake is a great addition, he will come in and compete right away. He played at a strong 3A high school program at Ferndale against good competition and was a difference maker on both sides of the ball. More of a 4-3 DE but it seems like the Griz might be going to more even fronts going forward. Smart kid, a hard worker and a team guy. I think it will be a great fit.
It would seem like it…they’re stacking up 250 lb DE’s…

12 total tackles
8.5 TFLs
5 sacks
3 FFs
8 QBHs

I wonder what kind of snap percentage he was on the field.
Decent production if he wasn't starting, could be in the rotation on the ends.
Not sure if there is anything to this rumor. I was told this by a buddy who lives in Stephenville, Texas, and who follows Tarleton State football.

This guy has as many stops as McDowell. Seems to have his eye on FBS.

I wonder if there's been any kind of study done correlating # of "stops" with level of success. Like guys like this or McDowell...is there a correlation? Or do most of them end up more like Vidlak than McDowell?

WWell
I wonder if there's been any kind of study done correlating # of "stops" with level of success. Like guys like this or McDowell...is there a correlation? Or do most of them end up more like Vidlak than McDowell?
Well the endless transferring is a fairly new phenomenon so it's probably pretty hard to say. However common sense would say that constant transferring can't be good in the long run..

Back