JJ Trial

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS

Re: JJ Trial

Postby Buttegrizzle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 am

I wonder how many prospective jurors absentmindedly wore Griz hoodies to voir dire? Seriously though,now that the trial is upon us, I really feel for the families involved (both JJ and his accuser). As a parent, this hits me as just really sad. Punch, I do appreciate your comment as a cat fan. I don't know if we will see JJ on the field of play again, regardless of the outcome. Just the stress, shame and cost of all this along with the loss of his football career is a fairly stiff punishment he will suffer regardless of a conviction. And lets be clear, Grizzly Football will rise out of this one way or another and return to beating your Bobcat ass with whomever takes the snap next season.
Fat people are harder to kidnap.
Buttegrizzle
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: U of M

Postby Jerry Punch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 am

Buttegrizzle wrote:I wonder how many prospective jurors absentmindedly wore Griz hoodies to voir dire? Seriously though,now that the trial is upon us, I really feel for the families involved (both JJ and his accuser). As a parent, this hits me as just really sad. Punch, I do appreciate your comment as a cat fan. I don't know if we will see JJ on the field of play again, regardless of the outcome. Just the stress, shame and cost of all this along with the loss of his football career is a fairly stiff punishment he will suffer regardless of a conviction. And lets be clear, Grizzly Football will rise out of this one way or another and return to beating your Bobcat ass with whomever takes the snap next season.

Man that's what I've been trying to say. The guy is a total quarterback and he kicked our ass. I would expect him to do it again if our defense played as poorly as they did in 2011. But, at the end of the day, there is no amount of good play that can stop a total quarterback. Sometimes they just find a way to get it done, despite good defense. That's JJ. He's an excellent athlete. Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't get it.
Jerry Punch
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Anybody! = )

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

BA isnt the only egriz poster still in the pool...................

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Occupy eGriz - Take Back Whats Ours
ALPHAGRIZ1
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: Guns, Sluts & Money

Postby GrizPony » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

Dennis Lind's boy got excused. Weird. lol
GrizPony
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby tnt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

Whats with Paoli and his "train picture?"
tnt
My PC is stuck on eGriz

I am a fan of: UM

Postby Jerry Punch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:28 am

tnt wrote:Whats with Paoli and his "train picture?"

It is an analogy, however crude, of what is going to happen to him if he loses this trial.
Jerry Punch
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: Anybody! = )

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Is the train about to enter a tunnel, similar to the end of the movie North by Northwest, just as Cary Grant was to consummate his marriage to Eva Marie Saint?
In this world theres 2 types of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig......you dig! Clint Eastwood ( the Good the Bad and the Ugly )
Richard Cranium
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby getgrizzy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:BA isnt the only egriz poster still in the pool...................

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

unless he's lying he's out by now. one of the questions they asked was "has anyone posted on a blog or message board about this trial?" nothing people trying to turn this into more of a circus than it already is.
getgrizzy
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby granitegriz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:13 pm

getgrizzy---posting that you are going to be on a jury panel is not posting about the trial. However, maybe BA posted earlier on about the case, but I can't recall. All I know is BA is a good guy!
granitegriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby NorthEndZoneDan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:35 pm

granitegriz wrote:getgrizzy---posting that you are going to be on a jury panel is not posting about the trial. However, maybe BA posted earlier on about the case, but I can't recall. All I know is BA is a good guy!

BA did not post comments about the case. I asked if anyone on egriz had received a summons for the pool and he said he had received one. he has not said anything about whats happened despite my best efforts
my two favorite teams are The Griz and who ever is playing the bobkitties
NorthEndZoneDan
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: Griz

Postby grizpack » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:00 pm

He may not have even been called in yet either. Sounds like they are doing them in groups of 39, and didn't get through very many. It continues on Monday according to the local news stations.
grizpack
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby go4two » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

I can tell you this. Glen florio was practically drooling the whole day today. She was there texting and typing literally the whole day with an evil grin. I was impressed with Dave Paoli (sp?). Jordan looked upbeat, and I noticed he shed a few tears at one point in the day. Prosecution has a big hill to climb IMHO. By the way, there were actually quite a few Griz garb being worn today. :shock:
go4two
eGrizzer

Postby Bear Axed » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm

It was a long, but interesting day

Bear Axed
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby mtgrizrule » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Surprised this has not posted somewhere yet. I have not seen it. I am not starting a new thread on it, but it made Good Morning America.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/univers ... -bUI.email
I am passionate for: God, family, friends, US Military, GRIZ, Protandim, Truescience, and Lifevantage (great products for aging, health, and skin)
video: http://www.abcliveit.com/site/ABC_Primetime_Report.html. http://www.mylifevantage.com/271791 We are also looking for more partners. Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

I am a fan of: DA GRIZ

Postby Harm » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Had the judge and prosecutors actually been interested in "Justice," which to be honest the legal "system," if you want to call it that, isn't interested in any of that outside how much they are going to earn. Be that in money or reputation leading to the making of the first, they would have allowed the other Texts from that young woman's phone into evidence. Had that actually happened, this case would never have been taken up by the prosecution, even under such pressure from all outside entities. And of course you'll see the prosecution vehemently object to any evidence presented by folks overhearing this young woman's comments about events and INTENTIONS at other parties....Very simply put, woman scorned
Harm
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby granitegriz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Good analysis by legal guru for ABC, but did call JJ a senior....
granitegriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby mtgrizrule » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 pm

granitegriz wrote:Good analysis by legal guru for ABC, but did call JJ a senior....

I caught that too. He will be a SR academically after this year. Jr for his playing status, assuming he gets to use this last season as a RS year. I am not sure how that works for legal issues.
I am passionate for: God, family, friends, US Military, GRIZ, Protandim, Truescience, and Lifevantage (great products for aging, health, and skin)
video: http://www.abcliveit.com/site/ABC_Primetime_Report.html. http://www.mylifevantage.com/271791 We are also looking for more partners. Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

Postby mtgrizrule » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm

mtgrizrule
eGriz Elite

Postby granitegriz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 pm

JW was given more time, but I am not sure about the rules. I would think a not guilty verdict extends your time.
granitegriz
My PC is stuck on eGriz

Postby NikeGrizz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:Another national publication. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... -trial.ap/

And another one from ESPN.......
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... rial-begin
EDIT: They say the exact same thing but this is everywhere right now
NikeGrizz
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby NikeGrizz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

NikeGrizz
Full time eGrizzer

I am a fan of: The Griz

Postby kemajic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
granitegriz wrote:Good analysis by legal guru for ABC, but did call JJ a senior....

I caught that too. He will be a SR academically after this year. Jr for his playing status, assuming he gets to use this last season as a RS year. I am not sure how that works for legal issues.

He can use a redshirt at any time. 5 years to play 4. Pretty simple.
"Turn me loose; set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana" - Merle Haggard
kemajic
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

Postby IntuitiveGriz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

How long is the trial "expected" to last?
Butte High Bulldog Football 29 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, 15 STATE RUNNER-UPS

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: MONTANA

Postby reinell30 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

IntuitiveGriz wrote:How long is the trial "expected" to last?

I was told average is 5-8 days.
reinell30
eGriz Supporter
eGriz Supporter

I am a fan of: UM

Postby funny water » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 pm

reinell30 wrote:
IntuitiveGriz wrote:How long is the trial "expected" to last?

I was told average is 5-8 days.

with them taking today off and the President's Day holiday on Monday.... with that average we should be looking at Wednesday/Thursday next week for a conclusion?
funny water
My PC is stuck on eGriz

PreviousNext

Return to Montana Grizzlies Football and the FCS