• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

PolsonGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHvOYKwSyU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bump

thanks for the link, kpax had 14sec..lame

Your welcome!

JBS said:
I have a question for OTG or 75 or some lawyer. Why did the judge not allow the alternate jurors to hear closing arguments but did allow them in deliberations? What is the reasoning for that?

JBS - I don't know. It seems like an unusual thing to do because the alternates, or an alternate, would need to step up if something odd happened, such as a juror suffering from an onset of a sudden illness or something, in the deliberations room. In theory, the alternate stepping up should have heard everything from opening to closing to be able to adequately substitute. I've never encountered that situation. Perhaps there is some local or State rule of criminal procedure that allows that sort of discretion by a judge. Maybe one of the attorneys who practices in Montana can better answer your question.

Watching any positive video after this shit storm makes me feel good for JJ, his family, and GRIZ NATION.

As a fan, I feel a huge grey cloud having left and it get clearing up. I cannot fathom how magnified this feeling is for JJ and his family.

mtgrizrule said:
Watching any positive video after this shit storm makes me feel good for JJ, his family, and GRIZ NATION.

As a fan, I feel a huge grey cloud having left and it get clearing up. I cannot fathom how magnified this feeling is for JJ and his family.

+1

GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
Maybe some of you old farts can answer this... was this the most publicized trial in Montana history?

Henry Plummer and the Vigilantes have over a century of history.
actually I think the legal shenanigans of the Butte Copper Kings gets more play from historians than Plummer.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:
Maybe some of you old farts can answer this... was this the most publicized trial in Montana history?

actually I think the legal shenanigans of the Butte Copper Kings gets more play from historians than Plummer.

I understand the significance of these events in MT's history, but I guess I am wondering if because of the social network coverage & news coverage if this was the most publicized trial in history? It reached viewers all over the nation, & was certainly the biggest MT trial that I can recall in my lifetime.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
GrizLA said:
GrizMusician said:

"trial"

Were any significant facts revealed after he was charged? If not I'm surprised they charged him. I think this was a case of being PC. Few have the guts to tell a gal she has no case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back