• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wags future?

I'm sure the foot didn't help, but I think his bench numbers hurt him more. I don't know where he'll end up, but I bet he's getting phone calls right now and will sign before the end of the day! I hope the best for him!

Good deal! After the 4th or 5th round all those guys are fighting for roster spots anyways and are basically on equal footing. Will play OLB for them. Might have an uphill battle making the roster this year, but I bet he at least makes a practice squad somewhere.

Another Montanan, Matt Miller, was picked up by Denver today as well where he'll catch passes from another Montanan Brock Osweiler.

mtgrizrule said:
Wags injury cost him being drafted. Where does he sign and when ?
That and only getting 14 and then...15? Bench reps... doesn't look too good when some wr's and db's have more reps. If Wagz has some long arms - that may help him as generally guys with longer arms don't put up as many reps as guys with shorter arms. Hopefully once he gets fully healed he'll make some noise for AZ. Getting signed as a UDFA is nothing to sneeze at! Go Wagz and go Griz!

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Wags injury cost him being drafted. Where does he sign and when ?
That and only getting 14 and then...15? Bench reps... doesn't look too good when some wr's and db's have more reps. If Wagz has some long arms - that may help him as generally guys with longer arms don't put up as many reps as guys with shorter arms. Hopefully once he gets fully healed he'll make some noise for AZ. Getting signed as a UDFA is nothing to sneeze at! Go Wagz and go Griz!

Well since safety Tony Jefferson was a UDFA and an ESPN Top 150 coming out of Eastlake HS, maybe there's hope for Wags in Az......

Being a Buck Buchanan finalist and with his stats over the last couple years, it can't hurt. He's a high-energy, speed guy on the end for passing downs. He'll find a place on a practice squad and/or special teams. The bench reps may have hurt him, but the broken foot hurt more. Go Wags!

Good luck, Zach !!! Hopefully Zach can play a similar role and be as valuable in Phoenix as Kroy has been in Atlanta.

His broken foot had very little to do with anything, it is a non factor and wasnt even a bad injury considering how he did it.

What hurt Wagenmann is his overall lack of strength and the poor tackle play in the BSC. Many scouts commented on how weak the BSC tackles are and why more players didnt have bigger numbers.

I wish Wagenmann well, but I will be shocked if he makes my Cardinals, he is no Kyle Emanuel and the Cards are pretty set with big athletic DEs and LBs.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
His broken foot had very little to do with anything, it is a non factor and wasnt even a bad injury considering how he did it.

What hurt Wagenmann is his overall lack of strength and the poor tackle play in the BSC. Many scouts commented on how weak the BSC tackles are and why more players didnt have bigger numbers.

I wish Wagenmann well, but I will be shocked if he makes my Cardinals, he is no Kyle Emanuel and the Cards are pretty set with big athletic DEs and LBs.

Cute post, you managed to hit most of your talking points.

1. Minimize anything good a GRIZ has done.
2. Take a shot at the Big Sky Conference
3. Throw a plug in for the NDSU program
4. Sound like an insider who communicates with "many scouts". That's normally a PlayerRep move but you have that in your game as well.

You have skillz Alpha, we have to give you that.

SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

4. Sound like an insider who communicates with "many scouts". That's normally a PlayerRep move but you have that in your game as well.

He's got some points. Especially the one about the BSC, it's becoming the cupcake of the FCS. MSU having a productive offense proves that. We (as a conference) need to start sending multiple teams deeper into the playoffs in order to be relevant again.

brewskis said:
SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

He's got some points. Especially the one about the BSC, it's becoming the cupcake of the FCS. MSU having a productive offense proves that. We (as a conference) need to start sending multiple teams deeper into the playoffs in order to be relevant again.

Look pal, you need to get right over to the Wahlberg tailgate party and start drinking the kool aid and sucking down some sausage and gravy. If you dont tow the party line here, people aint gunnna like u much.

:coffee:

SaskGriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

You forgot the part about throwing out a little "I know something that you don't know" nugget, i.e. hinting that Wags broke his foot doing something other than football.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

His injury did have something to do with it, and so did his lack of strength at the combine. I'm sure you wish him well and even possibly cheered for him when he made a sack, but you constantly continue to bash the griz and BSC. Many scouts! Howmany Alpha, and who?
Todd McShay was very high on Zach during the football all-star game he played in. He's a free agent signee with the Arizona Cardinals! And you are a burned out old man on a computer who sits at home, or the Oxford, trying to impress people with your rants and raves about the realities of your knowledge about football! If you are as great as you think you are, you would be a Mel Kiper. I know Mel Kiper and you're no Mel Kiper!
Or Jack Kennedy for that matter!

Back