• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

According to COED.com (via Playboy) the best NCAA Football player in Montana is?????

*FROM Montana - not IN Montana

I was going to hop in here and disagree but I'll have to think more on that... best player from Montana in college football right now... maybe. Best athlete for sure.

Roberts is a good choice, but it brings up a good question regarding Montana (high school football). Is Robert just that great of an athlete to be the top MT player after being away from the game for 3 years or is it more of the fact that the pool to choose from is lacking talent. I am hard pressed to come up with a better athlete than Roberts, just interesting when a 3rd or 4th best receiver on a team is considered the top player in the state. That alone probably demonstrates the lack of other quality choices.

GRIZFAN20 said:
Roberts is a good choice, but it brings up a good question regarding Montana (high school football). Is Robert just that great of an athlete to be the top MT player after being away from the game for 3 years or is it more of the fact that the pool to choose from is lacking talent. I am hard pressed to come up with a better athlete than Roberts, just interesting when a 3rd or 4th best receiver on a team is considered the top player in the state. That alone probably demonstrates the lack of other quality choices.

From a pure talent standpoint, Will Dissly is probably a better choice. He played a lot for UW as a freshman, and has played meaningful minutes in every game this season for the Huskies.

I find it hard to believe that a WR averaging 2.5 catches per game, 25 yards per game, and 1 total TD is the best player from Montana playing college football this year.

From an in-state standpoint alone, Chad Newell from Billings Skyview is averaging 82 yards per game, 5.2 ypc, and 6 total TDs for MSU in one less game than Roberts. He's also added 10 receptions for 67 yards.

McQueary from Tech is putting up decent numbers as well.

From Montana, playing IN Montana, you could make a case for Roberts, Newell and Caleb Kidder. Best football player LIVING an PLAYING in Montana - it's Tyrone Holmes and Dakota Prukop

havgrizfan said:
From Montana, playing IN Montana, you could make a case for Roberts, Newell and Caleb Kidder. Best football player LIVING an PLAYING in Montana - it's Tyrone Holmes and Dakota Prukop

How do you make a case for Roberts over either Newell or Kidder? He's what, the 3rd or 4th (or 5th) option in the passing game after Jones/Henderson/Naccarato, and maybe even Nyguen? Meanwhile Newell is the #1 rushing option for a very good MSU offense and has caught the same number of passes as Roberts, and Kidder is clearly the field general of a very good Griz defense.

I agree with Holmes and Prukop being by far the best players IN Montana this year, although the combo of Jones/Henderson is scary good. I say let Jones and Prukop share that recognition right now and the winner of Cat-Griz gets the title.

Playboy or any mag. can print things that have nothing but attention getting items in order to sell the mag.

So from that standpoint every kid is good and so it goes. I like them all and just wish I could have been good enough to get a mention in any type of issue, even an underground publication on a napkin.

Honestly it shows how weak Montana high school talert has been lately. Not even one doing "well" at a FBS school, and at FCS level not tearing it up to be realistic

NorthwestFresh said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

From a pure talent standpoint, Will Dissly is probably a better choice. He played a lot for UW as a freshman, and has played meaningful minutes in every game this season for the Huskies.

I find it hard to believe that a WR averaging 2.5 catches per game, 25 yards per game, and 1 total TD is the best player from Montana playing college football this year.

From an in-state standpoint alone, Chad Newell from Billings Skyview is averaging 82 yards per game, 5.2 ypc, and 6 total TDs for MSU in one less game than Roberts. He's also added 10 receptions for 67 yards.

McQueary is hurt and hasn't played for a couple games.

Hammer said:
NorthwestFresh said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

He still has better stats than Ben Roberts.

NorthwestFresh said:
Hammer said:
NorthwestFresh said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

He was only better than Bleskin. And Ron couldn't even see that.

NorthwestFresh said:
Hammer said:
NorthwestFresh said:
GRIZFAN20 said:

And? He plays in NAIA, and I'm guessing Tech doesn't have players like Jones and Henderson as first options.

grizcountry420 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
grizcountry420 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
If Brady G was healthy he'd be the choice over Roberts

I dont think so..

Why?

He just isn't as athletic as Roberts.

Isn't it the best NCAA football in Montana? Nothing mentioned about Athlete, if that were the case I guess Peyton Manning isn't a great football player because he isn't the best athlete out there.

Back