• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I'm Almost Starting to Think that...

Are Griz fans fickle?

• Yep.

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Nope.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Bobcats suck.

Votes: 25 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everything is not as great as it seems after a win and not everything is as bad as it seems after a loss. Or so they say.

AllWeatherFan said:
...Griz fans are over-confident after wins and big fat crybabies after losses. Is that possible?

Most fan bases are, but we probably rank at the top in the FCS. Too many people take wins/losses by kids that they have absolutely no relation with, too personally. If only crying and whining made the team better, we'd be National Champs every year.

They also like to start hating even the best announcers before they even get a chance to say anything. Apparently, they think it makes them sound knowledgeable.

Sam A. Blitz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
...Griz fans are over-confident after wins and big fat crybabies after losses. Is that possible?
Most fan bases are, but we probably rank at the top in the FCS. Too many people take wins/losses by kids that they have absolutely no relation with, too personally. If only crying and whining made the team better, we'd be National Champs every year.
Well, there is always a small vocal group for whom the coach can do no wrong, and the QB is God. And that's just it. And any opinions to the contrary might as well suffer the Salem Witch trials. And they are vocal. Somebody used the analogy to "Varsity Blues," these people LIVE through the team, the coach and the players, and live to do battle over it on fan boards.

The past two weeks on egriz was the full blossoming of those people. There was to be no objectivity tolerated. Semore was the best defensive coach in the history of football. Stitt had finally arrived. Brady was tops in the FCS. It was beyond "fan," it was becoming delusional. I've never said an unkind word about Semore, for instance, but one of the Troll Brigade was foaming so badly he accused me of "hating" Semore. When I reposted the sum total of my comments on Semore, all positive, he erupted in a spasm and "foe'd" me. Another accused me of saying favorable things and trying to sound reasonable as obvious proof that I was trying to hide my hatred. The level of adrenaline in these people translates into spasmodic anger and hatred that would entertain any Freudian for weeks on end. Our resident Troll Brigade reminds me of nothing more than the angry fat Cat fan in the blue pullover that they always disparage.

I noted at one point "take it easy, the same guys carrying the coach around on their shoulders today are going to be the first ones calling for 'for sale' signs if he embarrasses them." Yep, those are the chest-thumpers on Friday and the doomsayers on Sunday.

Re-reading the last two weeks of some threads ought to be embarrassing to some today.

Reasonable people can say, today, well, the Griz D is not at the moment what we've become accustomed to. Some of you may have it figured out, but I am still looking for the complex, innovative offense that I thought, if it was there, it ought to show up against a good team like NAU. The subject of Stitt's stubborness comes up from time to time, and that game only confirmed the conclusions of some that this guy can't be wrong even when his QB strategy is unwinding before his eyes. It's a quirky characteristic, at best. It doesn't win games; it does lead to humiliations. The best I can say is that "I just don't understand the man's strategy on that point."

Well, next week's another game. EWU had a surprisingly rough go in the first half of the Cat game. Nobody has a perfect team in this conference this season. However, when someone figures out how a school like Cheney manages to get such good QBs and receivers, would you please post that information? Long week ahead for the team. That had to be a big letdown. Hopefully we'll fix some of our deficiencies. I am sure the Eagles will be doing the same.

Hey, Idiots! Reality check! UM is 6th in BSC standings this point in the season! You poo-poo a loss that should have been a win, if UM is to finish anywhere near playoff position? We're in 6th place, for god's sake! There are 3 undefeated teams now in the BSC & UM is to play one of them next wk. On the road, no less. Get real.

This team is struggling. I blame the QB, who is up & down, one game to the next. It's a roll of the dice for him. Start Chalich vs. EWU; let Brady sit on the bench awhile and decide who he is. Hauck did it at UNLV w/ his starting QB. Benched him, and after a game or two, the kid came back in & did wonders. Saved Hauk's job for another year.

My understanding was that stomping terrible teams equaled national championships. Now I better make some all caps threads letting everyone know that some coach we don't have is better than some coach we do have.

Grizzoola said:
Hey, Idiots! Reality check! UM is 6th in BSC standings this point in the season! You poo-poo a loss that should have been a win, if UM is to finish anywhere near playoff position? We're in 6th place, for god's sake! There are 3 undefeated teams now in the BSC & UM is to play one of them next wk. On the road, no less. Get real.

This team is struggling. I blame the QB, who is up & down, one game to the next. It's a roll of the dice for him. Start Chalich vs. EWU; let Brady sit on the bench awhile and decide who he is. Hauck did it at UNLV w/ his starting QB. Benched him, and after a game or two, the kid came back in & did wonders. Saved Hauk's job for another year.

Some day people such as David2/Grizzola are going to realize how the playoff selection works. Some day...

I think I explain it to at least 20 people a year at WaGriz. If it sticks with even one of them I did my part.

Brock Landers said:
Grizzoola said:

Some day people such as David2/Grizzola are going to realize how the playoff selection works. Some day... I think I explain it to at least 20 people a year at WaGriz. If it sticks with even one of them I did my part.
OK, after EWU, UM has 3 wins for 8 total. Enough to qualify for the playoffs, I assume. However, UNC is not the doormat it once was: It has the same record UM has in the BSC. Unheard of, years past. UM could wind up w/ a 7-4 record if it doesn't get its act together.

Grizzoola said:
Brock Landers said:
Grizzoola said:

Some day people such as David2/Grizzola are going to realize how the playoff selection works. Some day... I think I explain it to at least 20 people a year at WaGriz. If it sticks with even one of them I did my part.
OK, after EWU, UM has 3 wins for 8 total. Enough to qualify for the playoffs, I assume. However, UNC is not the doormat it once was: It has the same record UM has in the BSC. Unheard of, years past. UM could wind up w/ a 7-4 record if it doesn't get its act together.

UNC is not a good team and if the Griz lose to them, they don't belong in the playoffs. People are saying that if the Griz go 8-3, they will most likely be in the playoffs. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Grizzoola said:
Brock Landers said:
Grizzoola said:

Early bird dinner, tip 12% because your soup was too hot, then, bedtime.

UMGriz75 said:
However, when someone figures out how a school like Cheney manages to get such good QBs and receivers, would you please post that information?

First, Cheney is a city, not a school. Second, Beau Ballswin. He is responsible for the tight-knit family atmosphere that recruit turned commit after recruit turned commit state as the main reason for choosing EWU. On top of that, Ballswin is a QB jedi master. GG was a walk-on. Jordan West, who was leading all of FCS for most of last season, and was breaking Vernon Adams' records, is currently our 3rd string. Ballswin and the coaches he's picked to surround him, are the reason we are QBU, WRU.

:twocents:

HelenaHandBasket said:
Grizzoola said:
UNC is not a good team and if the Griz lose to them, they don't belong in the playoffs. People are saying that if the Griz go 8-3, they will most likely be in the playoffs. Don't get your panties in a wad.
When was the last time the Griz were in 6th place in the BSC at this point & still went to the playoffs? It may be they were 2-2 after 4 games & still went to the playoffs. Question for me is, How many of those undefeated teams & teams w/ better records than UM at this point may continue ahead of UM. Not unconceivable that they could. Don't write off UNC; it had as proud a football tradition in DII as NDSU had. Unfortunately, it's taken more time for them to get where they are now. I still maintain they're a dark horse in this conference. Don't write them off, as apparently UM did w/ NAU.

Grizzoola said:
When was the last time the Griz were in 6th place in the BSC at this point & still went to the playoffs? It may be they were 2-2 after 4 games & still went to the playoffs. Question for me is, How many of those undefeated teams & teams w/ better records than UM at this point may continue ahead of UM. Not unconceivable that they could. Don't write off UNC; it had as proud a football tradition in DII as NDSU had. Unfortunately, it's taken more time for them to get where they are now. I still maintain they're a dark horse in this conference. Don't write them off, as apparently UM did w/ NAU.

You do realize that being 6th NOW really means nothing, but what they do from here will determine if they get into the playoffs or not. And even if UM finishes 5th with a 5-3 BSC, they will more than likely be in the playoffs. And I stand by my statement that UNC is a bad team, and their proud tradition does not change that. And they are currently a darkhorse for what exactly.

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
First, Cheney is a city, not a school.
No. Cheney is not a "city." Cheney is a cruel and shallow tuition money trench masquerading as a University town, composed primarily of convenience stores offering cheap gas for those who want to escape and can't; a long plastic hallway where thieves, pimps and professors of welding run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Back