• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Gregory

i do love the griz

I thought he deserved his own topic. Congrats to Jordan on passing 1000 points for his career last night! Jordan is a great player and a great guy off the court and I'm super happy for him!

I also really thought the stat PSU's guy on BSTV shared on Jordan's progression was pretty impressive. I hope these numbers are close...
Freshman- .7 ppg
Sophomore- 8 ppg
Junior- 13 ppg
Senior- 17 ppg

Jordan's had his ups and downs this year, but fortunately mostly ups (like his recent 31-point game, I believe it was)

But most importantly, he's an outstanding representative of the university, on and off the court. Congratulations to him.

Nice to see UM recruit kids like this.

I'm sure he'll be a great success in life at whatever he decides to do.

Gregory is a confident and great leader. He is a gym rat. Amazing, when he came here, he was a scrawny shooter. Every off season, he has dedicated himself to building his game. After his Freshman year, he worked on footwork and ballhandling. After his Sophomore year, he seemed to add a lot of strength, mid range jumper, runners, and penetrating. After his JR year, he added efficiency to everything and learned to become a play maker/distributor.

Gregory's work ethic is what coaches dream every recruit will have. Jordan Gregory has gotten more out of his talent than any GRIZ player I remember in the last 20 years. I am hoping every player will learn his work ethic and have his dedication. It would be nice to see how far Dunn, Gfeller, and Edmonds (assuming he gets the academics in check) can go with that kind of dedication. It appears to me Riley Bradshaw has been busting his ass pretty hard and working on his game a lot. Bradshaw's progress the last month has been impressive. He went from being a question mark to becoming a consistent contributor (looking very similar to Gregory his Sophomore year). Bradshaw is shooting the ball well again, and of late even taking the ball to the hole aggressively. There is a lot of Gregory in Bradshaw.

Speaking of work ethic and dedication, it is nice to know our most talented player, Breunig is also a gym rat. Ironic, Gregory and Breunig are the heart and soul of this year's team. The GRIZ are fortunate to have 2 great leaders who bust their ass every day. With leaders like them, I like the GRIZ chances at making the NCAA tournament.

Thank you Jordan Gregory for everything you have brought to GRIZ basketball. Your work ethic and dedication are legendary in my book. That is not something I hand out very easily. I think it is the 1st time I've said that about any GRIZ basketball player.

I agree with everything "mtgrizrule" says about Jordan Gregory.

I predicted, his freshman year, that he was likely to be something special for this team because, even though he wasn't playing much, his enthusiasm was exploding off the bench every time the floor team did something good. He was the biggest cheerleader for the team and, in that, I saw commitment and dedication that would likely carry him far.

In honor of Jordan Gregory, every year I will have a Jordan Gregory award. That award will be to the "hardest working player in the off season". He is the perfect example of players being made in the off season.

I also agree with everything said above. Jordan has made amazing growth over the years. As a coach this is what you wish out of every player you have. It takes a special person to put in the effort in order to continually develop your game. Fortunately for us Breunig has that same mindset. He will be a monster next year with a more experienced Krslovic by his side. I am also very excited about Bradshaw as well. The first thing I noticed last year was the fundamental aspect of his game, he is a very clean and fundamental player ( Just as Jordan was his first two years, their is much similarity in their games). I think that another year of experience and fine tuning his offensive and defensive game, and he will have an coming out party next year. I hope I am right because I think he has that potential. We have a lot of good basketball to look forward to in the next few years, especially with the signing of Oguine. Jordan has shown some of our younger players what hard work can get you. Not to mention how much deeper and stronger we would be if Edmonds was still eligible, it would make our already solid team that much deeper.

grizfan22 said:
Jordan has shown some of our younger players what hard work can get you.
Jordan was very much influenced by Will Cherry; idolized him. In turn, that whole mindset of hard work, self-improvement, and high goal-setting has, I think, really infused this team.

They are all good basketball players at this point, that's not a question. But they will be much better, and are becoming much better, as a result of working together in this team environment with these specific guys. As a long time coach myself, I can see the synthesis of achievement that is a hallmark of really special team environments.

They don't just want to be really good; they want each other to be really good at this sport.

Bump, thought this would be a great place to add this to. Congrats, Jordan
http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022615aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is quite a season for these seniors. Championships, academics, tourney hosts.

Here's Jordan's intro to another article:

UM's @JG_JustMe : All-Conference Hooper/All-Academic Student/Artist/Musician/Guinea Pig Parent http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/28275786/abc-allstar-griz-guard-jordan-gregory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Gregory's roommate is fellow senior Mike Weisner, who describes Gregory as a bit of a question mark, which is fair, considering one of Jordan's favorite pets is the guinea pig, he picks up hobbies at the drop of a hat (including shooting music videos with his teammates) and has a unique sense of humor, including at practice this week where he showed up wearing bright pink socks, and a band-aid that covered up his forehead. As he walked into the gym he was wearing a knee brace trying to give coach DeCuire a momentary worry.

"He's awesome. He's my roommate, so we're always goofing around. Something new comes up every single day, so it's definitely something you never really know," says Weisner

I rewatched the BSC championship games from 2012 and 2013 a few nights back. A couple things struck me:

One, how much more mature JG looks this year than he did then.

And two, the energy level he had during those games, even if he was just on the bench.

Frankly, he's going to go down as one of my all-time favorite GRIZ. Anyone that can do it that well on and off the court has to be. Congrats to him!!

Jordan named to US Basketball Writer's Association District VIII team.

http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news/2015/alldistrict150310.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maroon said:
Jordan named to US Basketball Writer's Association District VIII team.

http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news/2015/alldistrict150310.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I know people like to remain anonymous on blog sites but for anyone who cares, I'm outing myself...

It's been a great 4 years for my son Jordan Gregory at UM! I just wanted to thank everyone who has been saying good things about him over the years. He really has worked his butt off pretty much non-stop ever since he committed to the Griz. It was awesome that coach Tinkle brought him there and he had a great 3 years playing for him and a great year with coach DeCuire as well.

Jordan had other options before he chose UM and he and his whole family are very glad he became a Griz!! It's been awesome for all of us! As he recently tweeted, Jordan will always be a Griz & a Montanan no matter where he ends up!! He's gotten a great education & will graduate with 2 degrees. The basketball experience has been amazing for him & all of us and we've all met some really great people.

My wife & I as well as the rest of the family are really going to miss the trips to Missoula. Who knows, maybe Jordan will follow coach Tinkle's & DeCuire's footsteps & become the coach there down the road!!

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

Agent G said:
I know people like to remain anonymous on blog sites but for anyone who cares, I'm outing myself...

It's been a great 4 years for my son Jordan Gregory at UM! I just wanted to thank everyone who has been saying good things about him over the years. He really has worked his butt off pretty much non-stop ever since he committed to the Griz. It was awesome that coach Tinkle brought him there and he had a great 3 years playing for him and a great year with coach DeCuire as well.

Jordan had other options before he chose UM and he and his whole family are very glad he became a Griz!! It's been awesome for all of us! As he recently tweeted, Jordan will always be a Griz & a Montanan no matter where he ends up!! He's gotten a great education & will graduate with 2 degrees. The basketball experience has been amazing for him & all of us and we've all met some really great people.

My wife & I as well as the rest of the family are really going to miss the trips to Missoula. Who knows, maybe Jordan will follow coach Tinkle's & DeCuire's footsteps & become the coach there down the road!!

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

Well, that is just fricking awesome. Congrats, dad. :thumb: Kid singlehandedly got us to the BSC championship game this year, and tried like hell to get us by A&M.

Agent G said:

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

You and your wife have done well. You have raised a special man. His presence in Missoula will be sorely missed and I can only hope that some of his drive and initiative rubs off on some of the younger players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you, Mr. Gregory. For us Griz fans, watching your son play and represent UM has been a joy. I commented the other night to my spouse that UM has really been blessed with Jordans the last few years: Gregory, Johnson and Tripp.

'68griz said:
Thank you, Mr. Gregory. For us Griz fans, watching your son play and represent UM has been a joy. I commented the other night to my spouse that UM has really been blessed with Jordans the last few years: Gregory, Johnson and Tripp.

*Canada as well :thumb:

Big G, Enjoyed watching your son over the last four years, you have a lot to be proud of!

Well that's neat to see that Agent G is Jordan's Dad. He's been a reliable commentator on UM basketball, now it all makes sense.

It's been quite a four years for all of us, to be privileged to watch Jordan go from high school kid to accomplished collegiate athlete and scholar. You and Mrs. Gregory raised one fine young man, and deserve to be immensely proud; we at UM are all certainly very proud of him, his achievements, and the inspiration he provided to everyone. No one will forget him, and if he can end up back here in some fashion, some day, that would just be a terrific thing.

Back