• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jordan Gregory

Agent G said:
I know people like to remain anonymous on blog sites but for anyone who cares, I'm outing myself...

It's been a great 4 years for my son Jordan Gregory at UM! I just wanted to thank everyone who has been saying good things about him over the years. He really has worked his butt off pretty much non-stop ever since he committed to the Griz. It was awesome that coach Tinkle brought him there and he had a great 3 years playing for him and a great year with coach DeCuire as well.

Jordan had other options before he chose UM and he and his whole family are very glad he became a Griz!! It's been awesome for all of us! As he recently tweeted, Jordan will always be a Griz & a Montanan no matter where he ends up!! He's gotten a great education & will graduate with 2 degrees. The basketball experience has been amazing for him & all of us and we've all met some really great people.

My wife & I as well as the rest of the family are really going to miss the trips to Missoula. Who knows, maybe Jordan will follow coach Tinkle's & DeCuire's footsteps & become the coach there down the road!!

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

THANK YOU Mr. Gregory! All of GrizNation I'm certain truly appreciates everything your terrific son brought to and contributed to Griz athletics and the University of Montana. All of us were so privileged to have such a sterling example of a student/athlete to watch and marvel over the last four years. Clearly you and Mrs. Gregory have raised an exceptional young man who will be a success in whatever he chooses to do. Again, thank you so much for your note and for sharing your appreciation of the mutual special experience we all were so blessed to have with Jordan being part of what is so unique at Montana. :thumb: :clap:

Agent G said:
I know people like to remain anonymous on blog sites but for anyone who cares, I'm outing myself...

It's been a great 4 years for my son Jordan Gregory at UM! I just wanted to thank everyone who has been saying good things about him over the years. He really has worked his butt off pretty much non-stop ever since he committed to the Griz. It was awesome that coach Tinkle brought him there and he had a great 3 years playing for him and a great year with coach DeCuire as well.

Jordan had other options before he chose UM and he and his whole family are very glad he became a Griz!! It's been awesome for all of us! As he recently tweeted, Jordan will always be a Griz & a Montanan no matter where he ends up!! He's gotten a great education & will graduate with 2 degrees. The basketball experience has been amazing for him & all of us and we've all met some really great people.

My wife & I as well as the rest of the family are really going to miss the trips to Missoula. Who knows, maybe Jordan will follow coach Tinkle's & DeCuire's footsteps & become the coach there down the road!!

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!
Absolutely loved getting to know Jordan and later you and your wife. Jordan has been one of my favorite players to come through UM as long as I've watched. Best of luck to all of you from here on out!
Ethan

...one of those threads...
...that make e griz all worthwhile...
...two degrees..hoop legacy..great kid...
...could even be used as a recruiting tool...

... :cool: :clap: :thumb: ...

Agent G said:

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

1st of all, Mark and Tanya, I want to thank both you for entrusting the U of M for Jordan's future academics and basketball. I remember meeting you and your great family Jordan's freshman year. All of you made a great impression on me. I enjoyed watching GRIZ games at UNC, and CSU with you all. Funny, I remember how close your family was and seeing Jordan interacting with you all the 1st time. I knew for sure, being away from home was tough on him and the family. Then I saw him with his girlfriend at the time. I thought for sure, he would be moving back closer to home for you all. I was instantly sold on your family and Jordan from that moment on.

Needless to say to, as a GRIZ fan I am glad your family and he had the strength to remain at Montana. Over his time here, it has been hard for me to even be some what critical of Jordan, the person and the player. I remember posting post season summaries and things I felt each player had to work on. All be damn, every off season Jordan never disappointed! One could tell he dedicated himself to the weight room, training, and his basketball skills. I can honestly tell you, Jordan is the epitome of what every GRIZ and athlete should be for off season improvement. I was serious before, when I suggested the program have an annual Jordan Gregory award. That would go to the most dedicated GRIZ basketball player combining academics and off season skills improvement. I believe in the saying "Champions are made in the off season." Jordan certainly proved that right 100% ++++++++.

I wish him and your family the best in life. I will miss interacting with your family at an occasional GRIZ game. I hope in time, Jordan is back as a GRIZ coach. Count me in as the 1st to get behind that move for him. In the meantime, I hope Jordan's commitment to academics and hard work is passed onto every current and future GRIZ.

Finally, kudos to you and your family for surviving what is EGRIZ. How did you last this long without revealing anything and stay so humble the whole time? You should teach GRIZ parenting classes. :thumb:

zengriz said:
...one of those threads...
...that make e griz all worthwhile...
...two degrees..hoop legacy..great kid...
...could even be used as a recruiting tool...

... :cool: :clap: :thumb: ...

Agreed 100%. I have only been able to watch online and through egriz since I don't live in MT, but have been nothing but impressed with Jordan the last 4 years. I said to my wife during last nights game that this was going to be his last. There was a shot when I think MB was shooting a free throw and Jordan was in the background. I think about 4 minutes left or so and maybe down 11 or 13. Could see in his face he knew was getting toward the end. Hustled, played hard, took shots in order go get that game even with those odds. Will surely miss his play. Hope like heck there is someone on the team now that has learned from him what he did from Cherry. Good luck Jordan in all you do in life! Thanks for 4 years of allowing the fans to watch you play the game you love. Thanks for being a great representative of the University, State, and most of all your family.

Thank you for "coming out" Agent G. As a non insider, let me say its has been great to "know" Jordan for these years from creating excitement on the bench as a red shirt to stepping up under pressure in several games as his career blossomed. The work ethic and attitude is something to treasure in this day and age for those of us that appreciate the old and basic values. Best of all, he is a great student. Interesting how all this goes together. ALl of this says a lot for Jordan and also his upbringing. Thanks. This is why Montana excels. Good, hard working smart kids with a solid foundation.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Agent G said:

Thanks and GO GRIZ!!!!!!

You and your wife have done well. You have raised a special man. His presence in Missoula will be sorely missed and I can only hope that some of his drive and initiative rubs off on some of the younger players. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amen.

I've got two kids who graduated from college not long ago, and its been fun seeing them strike out on their own, creating lives for themselves outside of school.

As I said earlier on this thread, you can tell Jordan will be a great success at what ever he decides to do, by how he has handled himself both on the court and off at UM. And his parents deserve much of the credit for that.

get'em_griz said:
'68griz said:
Thank you, Mr. Gregory. For us Griz fans, watching your son play and represent UM has been a joy. I commented the other night to my spouse that UM has really been blessed with Jordans the last few years: Gregory, Johnson and Tripp.

*Canada as well :thumb:
Right you are -- and a slap on the wrist to me for not including him in my initial post.

'68griz said:
get'em_griz said:
'68griz said:
Thank you, Mr. Gregory. For us Griz fans, watching your son play and represent UM has been a joy. I commented the other night to my spouse that UM has really been blessed with Jordans the last few years: Gregory, Johnson and Tripp.

*Canada as well :thumb:
Right you are -- and a slap on the wrist to me for not including him in my initial post.
Even the Lady Griz got in on the Jordan love. Jordan Sullivan had a pretty stellar career too.

Thanks everyone! And for any of you that we've had the pleasure to meet, it's been great to get to know you a little. We haven't come across anyone that we didn't like. Take care!!

took this during the Weber game in the BSC, great intensity in the eyes

14277_10203858023717020_587333683545565131_n.jpg

Missed this interesting stat.
Jordan (562 points) and Martin (534 points) combined for 1,096 points this past season, "the highest combination by any two players in a single season in Montana basketball history." Jordan's 192 career three pointers is 20th in Big Sky history, and fifth highest in UM history.
I wonder how many of those Jordan/Martin points were assists to each other?

Who would have guessed that Jordan Canada had eligibility left and is now a freshman for the women's team at UCLA? Taking over the game in the final seconds of the WNIT final he led the Bruins to a win and the WNIT championship.

Back