• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next up 2/11 vs. S. Utah

These next two games SHOULD be fairly easy Griz victories. But they don't play games on paper.

Well, except tic-tac-toe. But that's a thread for another day.

5 of the last 7 games at home and sitting at 9-2 right now. Looking to be in very good shape for a 1 or 2 seed in the Big Sky tournament as long as we can take care of business at home, starting with SUU!

Kanye dropping his new album on the 11th. Yeezus will bless the Griz with a win at home. #prayerstoyeezus

Paytonlives said:
Champions don't have let downs vs 4-17 teams

I agree Payton. This is why you play games against Gonzaga, Washington and Kansas -- so you run over these teams. Lets see if these kids will play at that level, they sure did not on the last road trip

Paytonlives said:
I agree, but I don't necessarily expect a runaway (I realize you didn't say it would be one). They've played us well a few times here and their coach will have them ready. I know Nick wants a win in Missoula bad, and after the last couple years you have to think he needs to get a few big conference wins to protect his job. I would be pleasantly surprised with a blowout, but I will take a win any day no matter what it looks like.

I popped over to the SUU board to see what they had to say about the upcoming game.

Other than Colter Nuanez's weekly spam, there hasn't been a post of any kind on that board since May. And I think that was Alpha.

Great conference we're in.

I like Nick Robinson, I think he's one of the better people in the coaching business, but this SUU team is truly terrible. I'd be surprised if you guys don't win by 30.

Losing to the Vandals at home was frustrating and a reminder that nothing can be taken for granted. As I have noted, if everyone on this team played to their potential, all at the same time, Griz would be scoring in triple digits. That hasn't happened yet. I'm not sure I can recall a team of talented players at UM who have such hot and cold streaks, with the exception of Martin Breunig's steady consistency.

On the other hand, if the cylinders are all firing in order, and SUU is as bad as advertised, SUU might offer the opportunity to work the bench a little deeper and could be a useful development game.

UMGriz75 said:
Losing to the Vandals at home was frustrating and a reminder that nothing can be taken for granted. As I have noted, if everyone on this team played to their potential, all at the same time, Griz would be scoring in triple digits. That hasn't happened yet. I'm not sure I can recall a team of talented players at UM who have such hot and cold streaks, with the exception of Martin Breunig's steady consistency.

On the other hand, if the cylinders are all firing in order, and SUU is as bad as advertised, SUU might offer the opportunity to work the bench a little deeper and could be a useful development game.

No shit. Two straight terrible halves (2nd against Suck St, 1st against PSU), and then just flip a switch coming out of the locker room for the 2nd half. Very very hot and cold. Which makes it very frustrating to watch...

Grizguyjj said:
Paytonlives said:
Especially when two of the birds top scorers are suspended.

Ouch... Kennedy is suspended indefinitely due to a citation for possessing a plant (marijuana) :roll: Langston suspended for two games for violation of team rules for something related to Kennedy's suspension. Another player is suspended from team activities for 2 weeks for the same thing I guess, but he isn't playing yet since he transferred & has to sit out the year.

As if SUU's season wasn't going bad enough already.

Latest posts

Back