• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz 2016-17 schedule out this week

Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:
Come on, people. That's some damned sloppy work there! WTF? Let's try and get our shit together, huh? :lol: :lol:
I thought you ex-military types used the expression "get your poop in a group"? too many movies for me? Personally I prefer "you better get your head and your ass wired together or I will take a giant shit on you"
Oh, I'm sure if there was pussy awarded for accuracy, grizzlyjournal would have come up with the right answer. He writes like old people screw!

grizzlyjournal said:
Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:
Come on, people. That's some damned sloppy work there! WTF? Let's try and get our shit together, huh? :lol: :lol:
I thought you ex-military types used the expression "get your poop in a group"? too many movies for me? Personally I prefer "you better get your head and your ass wired together or I will take a giant shit on you"

I did too many Sunday-Monday morning barracks latrine detail to even want to think about it. The poop wasn't the worst of it! But counting one Dakota twice was not the smartest thing to do on this forum... eh..

Sorry, I wasn't trying to point out a flaw I just was trying to figure out the schedule. I really appreciate the effort journal put into this. I really thought I was missing someone.

Wow! That's a very strong non-conference schedule for sure. It will really test us, and prepare us to dominate the Big Sky. Outside of Weber State, we should have pretty easy sailing in the conference.

I agree that scheduling these better teams, and beating a couple of them on the road, could lead to us elevating our program like Gonzaga did. I just wish we could recruit some more height and rebounding. Our guards can compete with the big boys, but as of now, we will get beat up on the boards and inside.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Wow! That's a very strong non-conference schedule for sure. It will really test us, and prepare us to dominate the Big Sky. Outside of Weber State, we should have pretty easy sailing in the conference.

I agree that scheduling these better teams, and beating a couple of them on the road, could lead to us elevating our program like Gonzaga did. I just wish we could recruit some more height and rebounding. Our guards can compete with the big boys, but as of now, we will get beat up on the boards and inside.

On a side note, the Phoenix Suns are having Bolomboy in for a work-out. They really like him, and could take him with their second pick in the first round (#16, I think), if he is still available.

grizd said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Grizbeer said:
AZGrizFan said:

I did too many Sunday-Monday morning barracks latrine detail to even want to think about it. The poop wasn't the worst of it! But counting one Dakota twice was not the smartest thing to do on this forum... eh..

Sorry, I wasn't trying to point out a flaw I just was trying to figure out the schedule. I really appreciate the effort journal put into this. I really thought I was missing someone.

No problem. You make a silly mistake, you grin & bear it...

grizzlyjournal said:
For the record, our record against Dakotas last year was an unprecedented 3-4.

According to a Bengal fan close to the ISU administration the rumor is Weber plays @ PSU and @ Sac only and home to NAU and SUU only, which means that Weber and Montana will play H&H this year.

All rumor and speculation, but the ISU fan feels pretty sure about it.

WILDCATFAN said:
According to a Bengal fan close to the ISU administration the rumor is Weber plays @ PSU and @ Sac only and home to NAU and SUU only, which means that Weber and Montana will play H&H this year.

I would think that's accurate. I believe teams only get screwed one year by not playing each other twice.

EverettGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I would think that's accurate. I believe teams only get screwed one year by not playing each other twice.

Weber/Montana should play H&H EVERY YEAR

WILDCATFAN said:
EverettGriz said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Weber/Montana should play H&H EVERY YEAR

Yes they should. Of course, so should every team in the conference.

Thanks Foolerton!

WILDCATFAN said:

That was the original plan, but the conference pulled the schedule back to make some changes. I don't know if that includes the two meetings between Weber and Montana. One was planned to open league play (would have been a road trip)

kyle_sample said:
WILDCATFAN said:

That was the original plan, but the conference pulled the schedule back to make some changes. I don't know if that includes the two meetings between Weber and Montana. One was planned to open league play (would have been a road trip)
Idaho State will open league play Dec.29 at Montana with Weber coming in on New Year's Eve. The conference season ends first week in March with the Montana schools on the ISU-Weber road trip.

According to Kyle Sample on twitter: Looks as if the "elite eight" school Montana was negotiating a game date with was Oregon. Apparently the deal fell through when a date could not be mutually agreed upon & so Griz coaches are hunting for another game/opponent.

Back