• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TRUE BASKETBALL TAILGATING

becker2117

Not sure if this has ever been brought up before...but are there any rules against having a true tailgate in the parking lot for a hoops game. I want to throw little grill in the back of the truck, drink some beers listen so some tunes. Not sure if this is legal though, with the alcohol. If anybody knows i wouldnt mind knowing. If i dont hear anything ill pry just shoot the moon and give it a shot. Normally i tailgate for about 2 or 3 beers in my car in the parkinglot for abotu 10 mins before the game haha but ive wanted to do it right for a long time and what better time than cat griz!

Great question becker? Why would it be any different than football??? It would be a great way to get the students involved? Montana tuff, tailgating in -10to-20 degrees? I like it, and kids now days like to be different, and extreme. Great topic. :clap:

keena52 said:
Great question becker? Why would it be any different than football??? It would be a great way to get the students involved? Montana tuff, tailgating in -10to-20 degrees? I like it, and kids now days like to be different, and extreme. Great topic. :clap:
Ya, i think i am just going to go for it...i doubt anybody will join me haha but i dont care....my brother and i can just cook some food and pound some brews..whats the worst that can happen? and open container ticket? would be well worth it if ya ask me haha! Im also pretty sure i want to do it for every weekend game from here on out maybe it will catch on? Im sure somebody would be like.."damn who aare those three idiots in the parking lot drinking beer and running the three man weave? ..are they doing lay up drills with out a hoop???? WHT?? that looks like fun!" Maybe it will catch on....but im not holding my breath lol

I know they do the indoor tailgate for the Griz/Cat, so you may be lonely for that game. I may stop by your hibachi if I make a game this year, though. ;)

Becker could start a trend, and thats exactly what Griz Bball needs to bring the students in? If it takes off it could be a great deal?

becker, that's a great idea and I'd also love to see it turn into something big. I've been known to partake of a few beverages listening to the Griz pregame on the radio myself, but getting together with a few Griz Fanatics for a pregame brew or two would be great. :thumb:

MTGrizzFan said:
Is there going to be an indoor tailgate tomorrow?
you know, im not sure. I am 95% sure i am going to be having a real one in the back parking lot by the main entrance of wagriz. Come by if ya want a beer, bring your own if u want alot haha.

becker2117 said:
MTGrizzFan said:
Is there going to be an indoor tailgate tomorrow?
you know, im not sure. I am 95% sure i am going to be having a real one in the back parking lot by the main entrance of wagriz. Come by if ya want a beer, bring your own if u want alot haha.

Sounds good, I might take you up on that...thanks

I keep checking GoGriz, but they don't mention anything other than the jerseys, so I am assuming no WAG tailgate Saturday. Becker where will you be in Lot W? I normally park on Campus drive or Lot U so I should be coming through there. What are you drinking?

Grizbeer said:
I keep checking GoGriz, but they don't mention anything other than the jerseys, so I am assuming no WAG tailgate Saturday. Becker where will you be in Lot W? I normally park on Campus drive or Lot U so I should be coming through there. What are you drinking?
Ya know im not sure what the lot numbers are....Ill be in the parkinglot right next to the main enternce of WAGRIZ (south endzone)...i wanted to do it in the shadows of WAGRIZ!!!! Ill be in a 2001 gmc duramax with wood racks on it....but im quite certian there wont be too many tail gaters...name is scott..jsut ask...adn ill be drinking kokanee

oday4gov said:
I've now got a goal to make it over early from Helena to join.
haha didnt expect this many people to be in on it...when you going to be there? so i knwo when to show up..might be wise to brin ur own beer cuz i might have all mine pounded out...hard telling haha

i do love the griz said:
From Chuck Mays (sp?) there is no tailgate for Griz cat. However...there is later in the season
oh there is, its just in the parkinglot where it belongs haha BOOM!

i do love the griz said:
becker2117 said:
i do love the griz said:
From Chuck Mays (sp?) there is no tailgate for Griz cat. However...there is later in the season
Haha :D just answering the question up above
i know haha..just pumped for tomorrow! up until i decided to do this a few days ago i thoguht my next tail gate fun was going to be like 250 days away

becker2117 said:
i do love the griz said:
becker2117 said:
i do love the griz said:
Haha :D just answering the question up above
i know haha..just pumped for tomorrow! up until i decided to do this a few days ago i thoguht my next tail gate fun was going to be like 250 days away

Hope it's a blast becker! Wish I was there. If you keep doing it and I can make it to a game towards the end of the year, I will be there!

Back