• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Name for my boat

LongTimeCatFan

8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

I'm replacing all of the wood because it was all plywood and rotten. Yes, it's maroon and silver.

Since it's maroon and silver, I'm reconsidering my position on the standupforthegriz website. I was thinking of naming it "Piscatore Callibistris" in honor of that little website.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Coach said:
Nice looking boat

I know, right?

Awesome name too...

I won't mind if the imp in charge of that website changes the name to standupforcallibistris.com

Congratulations on the boat. Is that a 40 horse Johnson?
More than enough to get around the south campus sewage pond chasing those big browns.
I'd work on the name for want of originality.

"Ash Play"
"Scabia Minora"
"Wet Kitty"
"Cat-Man-Can't"
"Reel Catty"
"The Cat's Ash"

Ha! Seriously, what is the outboard? What year is that bad boy? Are you replacing the plywood with plywood? Would be sweet to make some aluminum fittings to replace the wood.

LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

I'm replacing all of the wood because it was all plywood and rotten. Yes, it's maroon and silver.

Since it's maroon and silver, I'm reconsidering my position on the standupforthegriz website. I was thinking of naming it "Piscatore Callibistris" in honor of that little website.

Your Italian sucks and so does your boat. I could accidently hit it with my 1946 32' wooden boat and not spill a drop out of my beer. Which happens to be my method of sonar.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ha! Seriously, what is the outboard? What year is that bad boy? Are you replacing the plywood with plywood? Would be sweet to make some aluminum fittings to replace the wood.

Ha! Sold that Johnson and bought a shaft extension for the Yamaha 4 stroke I had. It's a 9.9 hp. Most of the lakes I go to won't let you have anything bigger. ;). Which is great because it keeps the lakes lonely. :thumbup: I'm sure I'll get a 25hp for Flathead sometime.

I replaced all of the plywood with oak except the floor. They used treated plywood, which rots faster so I replaced it with regular plywood that I put 5 coats of thompsons water seal on it and re-carpeted. A removable/adjustable height seat is getting added to the middle.

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

Your Italian sucks and so does your boat. I could accidently hit it with my 1946 32' wooden boat and not spill a drop out of my beer. Which happens to be my method of sonar.

It's Latin so.... :shrug:

You got a Chris Craft?

Sounds like a money pit. ;) B.O.A.T.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Ha! Sold that Johnson and bought a shaft extension for the Yamaha 4 stroke I had. It's a 9.9 hp. Most of the lakes I go to won't let you have anything bigger. ;). Which is great because it keeps the lakes lonely. :thumbup: I'm sure I'll get a 25hp for Flathead sometime.

I replaced all of the plywood with oak except the floor. They used treated plywood, which rots faster so I replaced it with regular plywood that I put 5 coats of thompsons water seal on it and re-carpeted. A removable/adjustable height seat is getting added to the middle.

Cool. I put a ton of hours on a 9.9 used as a kicker. Pretty bulletproof. Hope you enjoy it.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Cool. I put a ton of hours on a 9.9 used as a kicker. Pretty bulletproof. Hope you enjoy it.

Best part of a 4-stroke.... It's quiet.

What do you have for a sailboat?

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Best part of a 4-stroke.... It's quiet.

What do you have for a sailboat?

Super quiet.
No sailboat. The 9.9 kicker was on a Duckworth Pacific Navigator. It had a TR1-Gold autopilot, so we ran the kicker trolling much more than the main motor (Yam 250). Was a sweet freshwater boat. Now that I'm in the saltwater, I have a Triumph 215 CC with a 140 suzuki 4-stroke. I was really skeptical about the Roplene hull at first, but it's actually smoother than fiberglass on the rollers we get down here. It's a good boat, but I wish it had a Yam 150. I think my 140 is basically a tuned up 115.

Always looking for something just a bit bigger/better . . .

By the way, I'm open to name suggestions for my boat as well. The first owner seemed like a badass who named it "Unforgiven" including a cool graphic with a fishhook, etc. The second owner was apparently some born-again who cut off the "Un" from "Unforgiven." So now it just says "forgiven." I'm not a fan, and have done enough to the vessel to warrant a re-branding. Any suggestions are welcome.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

It's Latin so.... :shrug:

You got a Chris Craft?

Sounds like a money pit. ;) B.O.A.T.

You are exactly correct! I will trade you straight across. My next boat will be aluminum.

CDAGRIZ said:
By the way, I'm open to name suggestions for my boat as well. The first owner seemed like a badass who named it "Unforgiven" including a cool graphic with a fishhook, etc. The second owner was apparently some born-again who cut off the "Un" from "Unforgiven." So now it just says "forgiven." I'm not a fan, and have done enough to the vessel to warrant a re-branding. Any suggestions are welcome.
Not Forgiven

Coach said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Not Forgiven

Solid. No further submissions needed.

Latest posts

Back