• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Name for my boat

LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

I'm replacing all of the wood because it was all plywood and rotten. Yes, it's maroon and silver.

Since it's maroon and silver, I'm reconsidering my position on the standupforthegriz website. I was thinking of naming it "Piscatore Callibistris" in honor of that little website.

the titanic.

Sweet boat by the way. Perfect for the Flathead River, Lake Mary Ronan, Swan, Seeley, Salmon, Upper and Lower Thompson, Noxon reservoir, Kookanusa...you get the point.

I call shotgun.

argh! said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

I'm replacing all of the wood because it was all plywood and rotten. Yes, it's maroon and silver.

Since it's maroon and silver, I'm reconsidering my position on the standupforthegriz website. I was thinking of naming it "Piscatore Callibistris" in honor of that little website.

the titanic.

We already thought of UNSINKABLE II.

Know what happened to Unsinkable I? It sank

snap said:
Sweet boat by the way. Perfect for the Flathead River, Lake Mary Ronan, Swan, Seeley, Salmon, Upper and Lower Thompson, Noxon reservoir, Kookanusa...you get the point.

I call shotgun.

If I didn't have to drive, I'd want the removable seat that I'm adding. THAT is a comfy chair.

Let's make it happen though. You're looking at the pews of my church. ;)

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
8uhuqypy.jpg

e9eveqeb.jpg

Your Italian sucks and so does your boat. I could accidently hit it with my 1946 32' wooden boat and not spill a drop out of my beer. Which happens to be my method of sonar.

It's Latin so.... :shrug:

You got a Chris Craft?

Sounds like a money pit. ;) B.O.A.T.

You are exactly correct! I will trade you straight across. My next boat will be aluminum.

LOL I have a friend who has one of those. We used it in '07 in my wife's wedding that I was a part of. ;). Beautiful vessel, but Jesus...

BRING
OUT
ANOTHER
THOUSAND

was accurate.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ha! Sold that Johnson and bought a shaft extension for the Yamaha 4 stroke I had. It's a 9.9 hp. Most of the lakes I go to won't let you have anything bigger. ;). Which is great because it keeps the lakes lonely. :thumbup: I'm sure I'll get a 25hp for Flathead sometime.

I replaced all of the plywood with oak except the floor. They used treated plywood, which rots faster so I replaced it with regular plywood that I put 5 coats of thompsons water seal on it and re-carpeted. A removable/adjustable height seat is getting added to the middle.

Cool. I put a ton of hours on a 9.9 used as a kicker. Pretty bulletproof. Hope you enjoy it.

Best part of a 4-stroke.... It's quiet.

What do you have for a sailboat?

Super quiet.
No sailboat. The 9.9 kicker was on a Duckworth Pacific Navigator. It had a TR1-Gold autopilot, so we ran the kicker trolling much more than the main motor (Yam 250). Was a sweet freshwater boat. Now that I'm in the saltwater, I have a Triumph 215 CC with a 140 suzuki 4-stroke. I was really skeptical about the Roplene hull at first, but it's actually smoother than fiberglass on the rollers we get down here. It's a good boat, but I wish it had a Yam 150. I think my 140 is basically a tuned up 115.

Always looking for something just a bit bigger/better . . .

That's what your wife said ^

Nah, sounds like a REEL GOOD TIME.

Oh did I just name someone else's boat?

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Cool. I put a ton of hours on a 9.9 used as a kicker. Pretty bulletproof. Hope you enjoy it.

Super quiet.
No sailboat. The 9.9 kicker was on a Duckworth Pacific Navigator. It had a TR1-Gold autopilot, so we ran the kicker trolling much more than the main motor (Yam 250). Was a sweet freshwater boat. Now that I'm in the saltwater, I have a Triumph 215 CC with a 140 suzuki 4-stroke. I was really skeptical about the Roplene hull at first, but it's actually smoother than fiberglass on the rollers we get down here. It's a good boat, but I wish it had a Yam 150. I think my 140 is basically a tuned up 115.

Dude, I wish I could name it that. There are maybe 1000 boats in my harbor, and I think 15 or more are named REEL GOOD TIME. Great name. If I had a steely damn hull, I'd name it REELIN' IN THE BEERS. Aluminum might be close enough to give it a thought.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

Super quiet.

Dude, I wish I could name it that. There are maybe 1000 boats in my harbor, and I think 15 or more are named REEL GOOD TIME. Great name. If I had a steely damn hull, I'd name it REELIN' IN THE BEERS. Aluminum might be close enough to give it a thought.

I'm kind of set on Fisherman's C^nt. it's too fitting.

Piscatore Callibistris

In this case, you hope it smells like fish. ;)

I dig it. This guy is just trying to get companions on board; I doubt he's doing much fishing from that thing. (Plus, it looks half laid up):

nz_1_callibistris%20retrouve%20son%20element.jpg

Whatever the name, you definitely have a versatile boat.

CDAGRIZ said:
I dig it. This guy is just trying to get companions on board; I doubt he's doing much fishing from that thing. (Plus, it looks half laid up):

nz_1_callibistris%20retrouve%20son%20element.jpg

Whatever the name, you definitely have a versatile boat.

NICE FIND!!!!

My friend who's shop I'm working on this in, (I'm working on it right now) came up with that half of the name.

He's been on that boat and said it was his favorite to sail. The owners are Jackie and Michelle.

2ate5e4e.jpg

ebyde9yj.jpg
ra2yva5a.jpg

Wild! Please disregard my comment on it looking half laid up. It the pic I posted, I'll assume it's being launched for active duty instead. Sweet looking when afloat.

We need some after pics when you're done with yours.

CDAGRIZ said:
Wild! Please disregard my comment on it looking half laid up. It the pic I posted, I'll assume it's being launched for active duty instead. Sweet looking when afloat.

Will do. the improvements will outlive me and my son will have a hell of a fishin boat.

I traded my grandads 14' alumacraft for this knowing it was rotten, but could make it better for another $1K. It might be $2k after I'm done.... But it's a B.O.A.T. That's to be expected. ;) It'll be nice after I'm done

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Will do. the improvements will outlive me and my son will have a hell of a fishin boat.

I traded my grandads 14' alumacraft for this knowing it was rotten, but could make it better for another $1K. It might be $2k after I'm done.... But it's a B.O.A.T. That's to be expected. ;) It'll be nice after I'm done

Absolutely. Can't wait to see it.

Very nice! I notice a bit of a color change with which I do not agree, but that chair looks like a guy could spend some time in it. Cannon downrigger mount on the bench?

CDAGRIZ said:
Very nice! I notice a bit of a color change with which I do not agree, but that chair looks like a guy could spend some time in it. Cannon downrigger mount on the bench?

The pussy perch is going to be super comfortable for anyone, especially someone with a fly rod. The gas pedestal raises that seat another foot. Yes Cannon downrigger mounts on both fore and aft benches. About the color change.... You didn't think I'd keep that color forever did ya? Besides, if I was going to change it at some point, it was never going to be easier than when it was already completely gutted. So that just sort of happened. Now I just need to put the oak pieces in and finish the battery mount in the bow.

And decals, wax, and a few other things.

Back