• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tim Bush

cch2oback

Just heard that former Griz Tim Bush was killed in a mining accident in Idaho. Good Lord I hope it's not true.

ShoshoneNewsPress.com said:
At approximately 8 a.m. [today] there was an accident at the Galena Mine. According to Heather Bailey-Foster, executive assistant for the U.S. Silver Corporation, a miner, an employee of a mine contractor, was fatally injured.

The Shoshone County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Timothy Allen Bush, a resident of Pinehurst, is the fatally injured miner.

The Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the Galena mine at 8:38 a.m. for what originally was an unknown injury accident.

The next of kin have been notified, the mine safety and health administration is on site and the accident is under investigation.

http://www.shoshonenewspress.com/news/article_42ae9528-7b13-11df-8e78-001cc4c03286.html

Damn!

(Galen Mine is a couple miles west of Wallace, Idaho.)

Man, that sucks. Tim was proof that "luck" is 99 percent hard work. The kid made every break he received to become a tremendous college athlete and he was truly a good man.

What a tragic ending for a guy who was a great Griz defensive end and was making his way the old fashioned way -- by working rather than looking for the "easy way" to make it, like being a drug dealer ... way too young, way too young. Too sad.

More added at Shoshone News online:
ShoshoneNewsPress.com said:
According to former Sunshine Mine Safety Manager Bob Launhardt, Bush's great-uncle, Bob Bush, died in the Sunshine fire. Bob, a foreman at the mine, was found at the 3,700 level.

Tim's grandfather, Jim Bush, survived.

Tim's uncle Chuck Bush died a few years ago in an accident at the Stillwater mine in Nye, Mont., according to Launhardt.

For those of you who don't know or remember ... the Sunshine Mine disaster in 1972 was the worst hard-rock mine disaster in the U.S. (91 miners died) since one in Butte in 1917. There's a memorial near Kellogg to the men lost.

[Edited from original to include the older disaster.]

jesus guys that really sucks. i recognize his name but can't recall just how long ago he played. i'm thinkin' he was around my age. sorry for your loss. if anything, maybe this can put things in perspective even if only for a day. move up, down, sideways etc.....it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things! sorry again griz nation. :(

God Bless Tim, family, and friends. The little I knew of Tim, he was a great person, and made a very positive impression, on and off the field

TIm used to come to our tailgate party after he graduated from the U of M. When one of the guys in our tailgate, from Great Falls died a little over a year ago he sent his condolences. Tim was a GREAT GRIZ football player and even a BETTER MAN! I am very sad. May God Bless him and his family.

Can't imagine what his family's feeling with the history involved there. How tragic for them, he was so young yet.

He was one of my favorites when he played, very workman-like and tenacious. And good God could he slam a QB to the turf! Might as well have been a Montana kid. Huge bummer.

My best to the family, especially the miners.

RIP Tim.

Go tell your loved ones how you feel about them. It can be taken away in a flash. God Bless the Bush family.

Sleepless night.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I grew up with Tim. When I say I grew up with Tim, I mean I knew him since he was six, and I was four, and I saw him every day for more than a decade. His younger brother and I were best friends throughout school. We were 2 years younger, and we thought everything Tim said was gospel. It mostly was.

Tim taught me the easy way to throw a curveball in little league. He taught me how to shoot a bow and a gun. He, by demonstration, taught me every legal (and illegal) wrestling move known to man. In high school weightlifting class, Tim made everyone look like a slacker.

When he went to UM, it didn't matter if he ever saw the field. The entire town was so proud that one of its sons had made it out and accomplished something. Probably very few of us ever expected that he would achieve what he achieved in a Griz uniform. More impressive to me and most around me was what he achieved out of one. He made everyone around him want to be better.

I know I have stirred up some shit on here about Gonzaga basketball, but I just wanted to share some stories and join in grieving the loss of a man who had a tremendous impact on my life. GO GRIZ!

CDAGRIZ said:
Sleepless night.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I grew up with Tim. When I say I grew up with Tim, I mean I knew him since he was six, and I was four, and I saw him every day for more than a decade. His younger brother and I were best friends throughout school. We were 2 years younger, and we thought everything Tim said was gospel. It mostly was.

Tim taught me the easy way to throw a curveball in little league. He taught me how to shoot a bow and a gun. He, by demonstration, taught me every legal (and illegal) wrestling move known to man. In high school weightlifting class, Tim made everyone look like a slacker.

When he went to UM, it didn't matter if he ever saw the field. The entire town was so proud that one of its sons had made it out and accomplished something. Probably very few of us ever expected that he would achieve what he achieved in a Griz uniform. More impressive to me and most around me was what he achieved out of one. He made everyone around him want to be better.

I know I have stirred up some shit on here about Gonzaga basketball, but I just wanted to share some stories and join in grieving the loss of a man who had a tremendous impact on my life. GO GRIZ!

Amen.. That sounds like you need to give the eulogy, or a toast for sure... I have done it for fallen soldiers, but nobody that I had known since I was able to talk...

Back