• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Photo

bridgergriz

I like the photo evidence in the Missoulian today that the QB was down and it wasn't a fumble we recovered :twisted: on the play

yeah i noticed that too...i hope the Mizzoulian sends those refs a copy...makes a great arguement for replay challenge at our level...

4c8c54bf5bc9f.image.jpg

And not a personal foul or late hit, he was hit with the arm/shoulder and not on the ground.

The ref's compass for what was and was not a personal foul/late hit was goofy last night, this one was a late hit, another one just like it was, then Nguyen gets horse-collared and hit late out of bounds and it's a non-call. After that too the late hit calls just vanished for both Griz and Poly.

A crew makes that many bad calls, should be put on probation and ultimately suspension if they have another performance in the same year like that.

That was TERRIBLE.

The ref's can personally account for 7 points for Cal Poly. In watching the game best as I could it was obvious the ref's were going to call us very close while giving Poly the benefit of the doubt. The call that was on this photo was pure s!!t. my .02$ worth

Don't forget that call was on a third down that we had them stopped. Even if they don't give us the fumble we should have at least got the ball back on a punt. Almost every personal foul was on a third that gave them a first when they were stopped. The particular series they fumbled 3 times and they finally gave us the third one.

I to thought the Griz were on the wrong side of some bad calls tonight, but I also know that the Mustangs have been there too in Montana.

Does it really matter? The Griz got the fumble later in the drive and CP didn't score that series anyway. The only thing lost was field position.

Yeah it does matter. It's demoralizing when you play hard until the whistle to make a play and it's ripped from you like this one was. This wasn't the only horse shit call either. This crew of refs sucked.

Wow, what a great photo. As ReMax said, this appears to show that Wilson hit him with his shoulder not his head. The qb was already falling and off balance from the initial tackle, and Wilson came across and finished him off. I think this blown call was a huge game-affecting play, because it impacted momentum significantly. Instead of having the offense take the field excited about the turnover and field position, the defense had to spend considerable effort stopping CP from scoring. Starting the offense later from inside the 5 in a big hole was just not the same. In addition, while the drive resulted in a punt after 4 minutes, time in the half essentially ran out. Had UM started in better field position, it would have been in better position to score. Grizatheart also makes a good point about how the loss of the turnover and belated penalty was demoralizing.

On Wilson's other penalty on the sideline, it looked to me that Wilson went over the CP player and didn't hit him--altho picture quality was so poor that I couldn't tell for sure. Wilson shouldn't have been going after him at that point, tho, and at a mimimum should have let off and gone over him higher. Perhaps he in fact did that, and that's why I didn't think he hit the player, but it would be nice to have similar quality photo to see what happened.

Where were the refs from? As bad as the calling was they must have been from the BSC which always has some of the worse refs in all of college football.

Grisly Fan said:
Where were the refs from? As bad as the calling was they must have been from the BSC which always has some of the worse refs in all of college football.

Don't know where the refs were from, but here are their names:

Referee: Jim Farmer • Umpire: R.Meisenheimer • Linesman: Kelvin Porter • Line judge: Justin Nelson • Back judge: John Downing • Field judge: Jim Osborn • Side judge: Richard Hanna • Scorer: Eric Burdick •

I googled referee Jim Farmer and it says he is from the WAC. Really? That seems hard to believe. A WAC ref doing an FCS game? Who did he piss off?

Grisly Fan said:
I googled referee Jim Farmer and it says he is from the WAC. Really? That seems hard to believe. A WAC ref doing an FCS game? Who did he piss off?

maybe the NCAA is just getting these refs ready to ref Montana on a regular basis ;)

Grisly Fan said:

Yet another reason not to join the WAC.

Back