• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ tribute

Baller1

Looking at pictures from last game, there were some players who had written the #10 on their arms with sharpie pens.
I'm all for supporting your teammates, innocent until proven guilty and all of that but I'm a little uneasy about the public tribute considering the scrutiny the Griz are under right now and the nature of JJs charges.

If you were Mick D. would you allow your players to continue this? I know Tru and others wrote #1 for Bubba Atkins and #44 for Jordan Tripp on their arms last year, but they were out because of injury and not criminal charges.

what do you guys think? I'm kind of on the fence with the whole idea.

Its their skin and it isn't particularly inflammatory so I don't see the problem. No doubt JJ has friends who miss him on the field and are hoping he makes it back. Hardly a crime in and of itself.

I think it's part of the "us" against "them" mentality. No need to get nit-picky and say what they can write on their arms.

Jordan Johnson did nothing wrong other than have sex with the wrong girl. His teammates know this to be true and support him as teammates should. I look forward to the day when Johnson is exonerated and return s to the football field.

grizaremoregooder said:
Jordan Johnson did nothing wrong other than have sex with the wrong girl. His teammates know this to be true and support him as teammates should. I look forward to the day when Johnson is exonerated and return s to the football field.

"the wrong girl", as in one who didn't want to have sex with him?

grizaremoregooder said:

I was wondering how long it would take...

NO MORE RAPE THREADS!

argh! said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Is that the one that stated that she "fully expected to have sex with him," and said so publicly at a UM function, or are you referring to a different girl now who hasn't pressed charges?

I have no problem with this. Unity is always a plus for any team, no matter it is. As an old coach of mine taught me, A coach is always proud when his team has unity toward anything. It is always a good sign.

Even though R.E. is running the University like Nazi Germany, doesn't mean it's right or those fundamentally incorrect principles will continue.

Hell yeah I'd allow it.

JJ is their kin. They are brothers. It doesn't mean that they condone rape. It means that they stick together & support one another no matter what.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

UMGriz75 said:
argh! said:
grizaremoregooder said:

Is that the one that stated that she "fully expected to have sex with him," and said so publicly at a UM function, or are you referring to a different girl now who hasn't pressed charges?

grizaremoregooder said:
This is what is wrong with a segment of UM fans. Pathetic! Those like Baller1 actually realize there are things that actually matter in life, football is not super high on that list.

the only thing that matters is what went on between the two of them, and whether there is physical evidence for the alleged crime. anything else is just "you".

+37

On the eve of one hell of a game we are still talking rape? He did --she did / she said -- he said.....^^

Kidding? Right?

Griz Fans. Not tonight. I am losing concentration for the game!!!!!!!!!!

Umista said:
On the eve of one hell of a game we are still talking rape? He did --she did / she said -- he said.....^^

Kidding? Right?

Griz Fans. Not tonight. I am losing concentration for the game!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Baller1 said:
Looking at pictures from last game, there were some players who had written the #10 on their arms with sharpie pens.
I'm all for supporting your teammates, innocent until proven guilty and all of that but I'm a little uneasy about the public tribute considering the scrutiny the Griz are under right now and the nature of JJs charges.

If you were Mick D. would you allow your players to continue this? I know Tru and others wrote #1 for Bubba Atkins and #44 for Jordan Tripp on their arms last year, but they were out because of injury and not criminal charges.

what do you guys think? I'm kind of on the fence with the whole idea.

I like it

The current Griz players have EVERY right to be friends with and support whoever the hell they want to even if fans think that supports might be morally misguided or insensative. It's called being a human being, it's called caring about someone. Some of you should quit being so obsessed with all things Griz and actually live in the real world. The NCAA, the DOJ and whoever else is "breathing down the neck of the university" isn't going to give a rats ass about the #10 written on some kid's arm. Those of you who think that's the one thing that's going to tip the scale and get the university into more trouble than it already is need to get a life.

I was hoping they would do something like this.............shows commitment.
Go Griz.............win by 10 :)

Latest posts

Back