• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

11 Teams Who Will Make it Back to Playoffs

HelenaHandBasket said:
BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
You're probably right about UND, they have one of the softest schedules in the conference. Eastern? I don't know what you have coming back.
A WR and........

Of course Kupp is the best at this level, but aren't they having QB issues? I think I saw somewhere on their message board that haven't settled on a #1 thrower yet.

Da Bears only wish they had the QB issues that EWU has.

I think UNC has one of the best QB's in the conference in Jacob Knipp. He will be a redshirt sophomore this year, so he's still pretty young. I'm not worried about the offense at all, but rather the defense. The Bears are inexperienced in the secondary.

snap said:
GravyBison said:
Not a big stretch to say that Eastern will be 0-4 to start the season. A guaranteed 0-2 and I bet UNI dumps them on that abysmal red turf faster than biscuits and gravy leave the Golden Corral breakfast buffet.

speaking of biscuits and gravy, a friend of mine butchered a hog about a month ago and I bought 30 lbs. of sausage off him. Just got it up to my place yesterday and made my first batch of B&G this morning. It was fvcking awesome and that's no shit.

Best breakfast food EVER. I'll be there at 7 a.m. sharp tomorrow snap.

WILDCATFAN said:
No love for Weber.

Well if you want respect I suppose you better go out there and earn it.
None for Cal Poly either. I guess after a down year in 2015 they do not deserve recognition this season. I do however think they might garner some by the end of the season.

WILDCATFAN said:
No love for Weber.

Well honestly, it's not hard to understand why some people don't see Weber as a serious contender and are more cautious about it. Weber had a very good team in 2008 and after losing to Montana in the first round, I think many fans gave love to Weber in 2009, expecting them to be a contender again. The team in 2009 didn't perform as well as in 2008 and finished the year 7-5 and got blown out and shut out in the first round of the playoffs 38-0. So it appeared to many that Weber was a one-year wonder in 2008. Since then Weber hasn't really done squat and had been going down hill. Now in 2015, Weber had a decent year after several terrible years and you can't really blame people who are cautious about naming Weber as a strong threat based on recent history. Like you said, if Weber wants respect they need to go out there and earn it. If they can start putting together multiple strong winning seasons like Montana and Eastern have done over and over in the Big Sky, then people will start showing Weber respect because then they will have truly earned it.

get'em_griz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
No love for Weber.

Well honestly, it's not hard to understand why some people don't see Weber as a serious contender and are more cautious about it. Weber had a very good team in 2008 and after losing to Montana in the first round, I think many fans gave love to Weber in 2009, expecting them to be a contender again. The team in 2009 didn't perform as well as in 2008 and finished the year 7-5 and got blown out and shut out in the first round of the playoffs 38-0. So it appeared to many that Weber was a one-year wonder in 2008. Since then Weber hasn't really done squat and had been going down hill. Now in 2015, Weber had a decent year after several terrible years and you can't really blame people who are cautious about naming Weber as a strong threat based on recent history. Like you said, if Weber wants respect they need to go out there and earn it. If they can start putting together multiple strong winning seasons like Montana and Eastern have done over and over in the Big Sky, then people will start showing Weber respect because then they will have truly earned it.

I think a Jay Hill led Weber team can do that. And it's something I'd love to have happen.

AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
GravyBison said:
Not a big stretch to say that Eastern will be 0-4 to start the season. A guaranteed 0-2 and I bet UNI dumps them on that abysmal red turf faster than biscuits and gravy leave the Golden Corral breakfast buffet.

speaking of biscuits and gravy, a friend of mine butchered a hog about a month ago and I bought 30 lbs. of sausage off him. Just got it up to my place yesterday and made my first batch of B&G this morning. It was fvcking awesome and that's no shit.

Couldn't agree more AZ. The perfect breakfast is a big chicken fried steak with gravy, biscuits and gravy, crispy hashbrowns, a couple eggs over-easy and a bottle of hot sauce. Get your ass up here.

snap said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:
GravyBison said:

Couldn't agree more AZ. The perfect breakfast is a big chicken fried steak with gravy, biscuits and gravy, crispy hashbrowns, a couple eggs over-easy and a bottle of hot sauce. Get your ass up here.
Careful snap. You're going to have a herd of green and gold clad NoDaks waddling toward your place any minute now.

Htowngriz said:
snap said:
AZGrizFan said:
snap said:

Careful snap. You're going to have a herd of green and gold clad NoDaks waddling toward your place any minute now.

I've had good luck warding them off by placing a big mound of spinach and kale in my driveway.

marceagfan5 said:
BigSkyBears said:
alabamagrizzly said:
BigSkyBears said:
You're probably right about UND, they have one of the softest schedules in the conference. Eastern? I don't know what you have coming back.
A WR and........

Of course Kupp is the best at this level, but aren't they having QB issues? I think I saw somewhere on their message board that haven't settled on a #1 thrower yet.

I wouldn't call them issues at QB, just finding the best of the bunch. Gubrud has been the man since winter condo and I'd be surprised if he isn't the guy...most likely Baldwin is playing a bit of a game with Wazzu not naming the starter yet. Heck, the true freshman has been lights out as well this fall, but he's almost a guarantee to redshirt this year...

If you aint got 1...you got none......

Or maybe if you're EWu your really do have 3

WILDCATFAN said:
get'em_griz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
No love for Weber.

I think a Jay Hill led Weber team can do that. And it's something I'd love to have happen.

You guys remember when Weber used to be realy good????

I remember them being the only team that ever really competed with the Griz...

BadlandsGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:
get'em_griz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
No love for Weber.

You guys remember when Weber used to be realy good????

I remember them being the only team that ever really competed with the Griz...

I hope it gets to that, I want the Weber/UM football game to be a big event to both Wildcat and Griz fans just like the hoops games have become.

Weber will never be Montana, but I'd love to see Weber be able to compete with them year in and year out.

jess Choake.........says
vdLE8dJ.gif

snap said:
Htowngriz said:
snap said:
AZGrizFan said:

I've had good luck warding them off by placing a big mound of spinach and kale in my driveway.
Snap,
I want to formally apologize. This was beyond drunk posting!

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74202#p1167291
Call me??

Back