• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 schedule

dupuyer griz said:
BDizzle said:
I heard from a Chadronn State player saying they played at Montana next year. Not sure if he meant the Griz or cats.
That didn't go well for the Cats last time.
Really? 8/30/12; MSU 33; Chadron St. 6.

Cal Poly game is October 17:
http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140821rkd8uj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kemajic said:
dupuyer griz said:
BDizzle said:
I heard from a Chadronn State player saying they played at Montana next year. Not sure if he meant the Griz or cats.
That didn't go well for the Cats last time.
Really? 8/30/12; MSU 33; Chadron St. 6.
Forgot they played again, only remembered the high ride after beating Colorado then not having a good time against Chadron.

havgrizfan said:
According to NDSU, which posts their future schedules, something I wish Gogriz.com would do, the game with Montana is locked in for Sept. 5. I believe UM then goes to Liberty, and returns home to play Cal Poly in a non-con game. But that could be flipped as well.

If that's true, then the ESPN deal is probably a no-go...

Just saw the rivals list again and that evidences Fullerton's love for the scats. If the kitties don't win the conference this year, I assume they still get a big blue participation ribbon. :roll:

GottaluvGriz said:
havgrizfan said:
According to NDSU, which posts their future schedules, something I wish Gogriz.com would do, the game with Montana is locked in for Sept. 5. I believe UM then goes to Liberty, and returns home to play Cal Poly in a non-con game. But that could be flipped as well.
My gosh, that would be another tough non-conference schedule to start next year:
NDSU
Liberty
Cal Poly

Go Griz!

How about Cal Poly's non-conference schedule? It looks to be extremely tough.

@Arizona State
Northern Iowa
@Montana

Cal Poly also has a brutal road schedule for 2015:

@Arizona State
@ Montana State
@ Eastern Washington
@ Montana
@ Southern Utah (hard to get to)
@ UC Davis ( Rivalry game)

The thing that sticks out looking at the 2015 schedule is how easy the Cats will have it in the conference. They play nobody tough until they play us at home in the last week.

The only difference between UM's schedule & MSU's in terms of "tough" teams is that UM plays EWU(at home) as a conf game and MSU plays them(on the road) as Non-Conference Game...

rollo_tumasi said:
The only difference between UM's schedule & MSU's in terms of "tough" teams is that UM plays EWU(at home) as a conf game and MSU plays them(on the road) as Non-Conference Game...
That makes a lot of difference in toughness of conference schedule.

So if the Cal Poly game is in October it looks the bye week will be the second week of the season next year.

Here's the sched as far as I can tell

Sept. 5 vs NDSU
Bye
Sept. 19 at Liberty
Sept. 26 vs NAU
Oct. 3 at UC Davis
Oct. 10 vs Weber State
Oct. 17 vs Cal Poly
Oct. 24 vs UND
Oct. 31 at Portland State
Nov. 7 at Idaho State
Nov. 14 vs Eastern Washington
Nov. 21 at Montana State

Six games at home including three straight in October and 5 of the first seven games of the season at home. Then close with 3 of the last four on the road. Once again, Montana has A ROUGH schedule in 2015.

Wonder when the Big Sky will have the next set of schedules done? I see the FCS isn't allowed to play a 12-game sched again until 2019. That gives the Griz little margin for error with future non-conference games. The Griz go TO McNeese in 2016 and TO Washington in 2017. I have also heard the Griz likely have a deal in place with Oregon State for either 2018 or 2019 and have heard the powers that be have been working hard to get a game at Boise State in the future as well.

havgrizfan said:
So if the Cal Poly game is in October it looks the bye week will be the second week of the season next year.

Sept. 5 vs NDSU
Bye
Sept. 19 at Liberty
Sept. 26 vs NAU
Oct. 3 at UC Davis
Oct. 10 vs Weber State
Oct. 17 vs Cal Poly
Oct. 24 vs UND
Nov. 7 at Idaho State
Nov. 21 at Montana State

Six games at home including three straight in October and 5 of the first seven games of the season at home. Then close with 3 of the last four on the road. Once again, Montana has A ROUGH schedule in 2015.

Wonder when the Big Sky will have the next set of schedules done? I see the FCS isn't allowed to play a 12-game sched again until 2019. That gives the Griz little margin for error with future non-conference games. The Griz go TO McNeese in 2016 and TO Washington in 2017. I have also heard the Griz likely have a deal in place with Oregon State for either 2018 or 2019 and have heard the powers that be have been working hard to get a game at Boise State in the future as well.
I sure hope that Haslam gets the bye week on October 17th and not the second week of the year. Jeez, this year having the bye week when we did was a godsend. Does us virtually zero good in week 2.
Go Griz!

Cal Poly's season-opener is Sept. 12. against Arizona State. No way for them to move that game, and the game with the Stangs is the last of a five-game agreement that was struck man, many years ago.

havgrizfan said:
Cal Poly's season-opener is Sept. 12. against Arizona State. No way for them to move that game, and the game with the Stangs is the last of a five-game agreement that was struck man, many years ago.
Any chance we can move the Liberty Game up to September 12 and slot Cal Poly on September 19?

havgrizfan said:

Sept. 5 vs NDSU
Bye
Sept. 19 at Liberty
Sept. 26 vs NAU
Oct. 3 at UC Davis
Oct. 10 vs Weber State
Oct. 17 vs Cal Poly
Oct. 24 vs UND
Nov. 7 at Idaho State
Nov. 21 at Montana State

November looks brutal, but besides NDSU, there really isn't a game on the schedule in Sept/Oct that the Griz should lose.

Back