• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Basketball Recruiting

ordigger said:
Suggestion:

Expand this topic to include Lady Griz also since it does say Basketball Recruting, not Men's Basketball Recruiting. I realize there's not much out there for the women, but here's a chance to open some dialogue.

This is all you need to know about Lady Griz recruiting.

"The Lady Griz today announced the signing of Jane Anderson-Smith to a National Letter of Intent. Anderson-Smith, a 5'11" combo guard-forward, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game while leading her team to a third place finish in the Division 3 (Class B) state (Montana, Oregon, Washington, Idaho) championships. Anderson was first-team all league and second-team All Region while maintaining a GPA of 3.4. "We are extremely pleased to have a player of Anderson's caliber join our program," said head coach Robin Selvig. "We think she can develop into a special player."

citay said:
ordigger said:
Suggestion:

Expand this topic to include Lady Griz also since it does say Basketball Recruting, not Men's Basketball Recruiting. I realize there's not much out there for the women, but here's a chance to open some dialogue.

"The Lady Griz today announced the signing of Jane Anderson-Smith to a National Letter of Intent. Anderson-Smith, a 5'11" combo guard-forward, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game while leading her team to a third place finish in the Division 3 (Class B) state (Montana, Oregon, Washington, Idaho) championships. Anderson was first-team all league and second-team All Region while maintaining a GPA of 3.4. "We are extremely pleased to have a player of Anderson's caliber join our program," said head coach Robin Selvig. "We think she can develop into a special player."
Chaminade High School, Michael Oguine's school, has a girl's bball team that is probably among the very best in California with they kind of kids that would appreciate a place like U of M. They are playing in the State of California finals tonight. I assume someone from Montana will be there, but would not be surprised if they were not. Lady Griz bball is simply not on the radar as it once was. And, Citay, if you can, or if you have access to Time Warner the high school bigs will be playing for the state title and I swear, Chino Hills High might well be the best high school basketball team ever. It will be streamed on TW..I saw them earlier and wish I could see the chipper against LaSalle High.

GrizLA said:
citay said:
ordigger said:
Suggestion:

Chaminade High School, Michael Oguine's school, has a girl's bball team that is probably among the very best in California with they kind of kids that would appreciate a place like U of M. They are playing in the State of California finals tonight. I assume someone from Montana will be there, but would not be surprised if they were not. Lady Griz bball is simply not on the radar as it once was. And, Citay, if you can, or if you have access to Time Warner the high school bigs will be playing for the state title and I swear, Chino Hills High might well be the best high school basketball team ever. It will be streamed on TW..I saw them earlier and wish I could see the chipper against LaSalle High.

Those games are not until Saturday, March 26th.....NOT tonight....and Chino Hills plays DeLaSalle, not LaSalle....

sacstateman said:
GrizLA said:
citay said:
ordigger said:
Suggestion:

Those games are not until Saturday, March 26th.....NOT tonight....and Chino Hills plays DeLaSalle, not LaSalle....
I thought the girl's' game was tonight, sorry. But, it really doesn't matter, LaSalle or DelaSalle, Chino Hills is truly awesome, and I doubt anyone will remember the Salles' on Sunday. They will have to have pulled off a major upset if they can get over Chino. Aren't they averaging over 100 against the top teams?

Yes they are...they are the #1 team in the nation....Lonzo Ball is a UCLA commit and he is amazing..not a very good shooter but you won't believe some of the assists he gets...his little brothers LeAngelo and Lamelo are the big scorers....

sacstateman said:
Yes they are...they are the #1 team in the nation....Lonzo Ball is a UCLA commit and he is amazing..not a very good shooter but you won't believe some of the assists he gets...his little brothers LeAngelo and Lamelo are the big scorers....

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Open-Division-finalist-Chino-Hills-has-put-on-a-6933880.php

sacstateman said:

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Open-Division-finalist-Chino-Hills-has-put-on-a-6933880.php

citay said:
sacstateman said:

Oops--double post.

Former Bobcat commit Kavell Bigby-Williams is the #1 JUCO recruit in the nation according to 247 sports. What happened with him at MSU? Was it a clearinghouse issue with him being a foreigner? Or was it the coaching change? Either way it looks like a missed opportunity for them.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

MtTarheel said:
Former Bobcat commit Kavell Bigby-Williams is the #1 JUCO recruit in the nation according to 247 sports. What happened with him at MSU? Was it a clearinghouse issue with him being a foreigner? Or was it the coaching change? Either way it looks like a missed opportunity for them.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Definitely a missed opportunity, he would've tore up the BSC. Looking like the Ducks.

https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/status/713372582729359360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

MtTarheel said:

On Aug. 28, MSU announced in a two-sentence news release that Kavell Bigby-Williams, a 2014 signee from London, “failed to meet NCAA eligibility requirements” and would not enroll this semester.

According to @fulltimehoops, the Griz have offered a scholarship to 2017 San Diego 6'-7" power forward Richard Polanco from the SD Army Navy Academy (my apologies if this has appeared previously). Rated as a 3-star recruit, Polanco also has offers from San Diego, USC, Nevada and New Mexico State, and is rated as one of the top-10 power forwards in his class in the state of California.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments on this post from Kyle Sample -

Follow

kyle sample
‏@Kyle_Missoulian kyle sample Retweeted Jon Rothstein
Alibegovic (6-9, 235, soph) played in all 32, 6 starts for St. John's. Averaged 5.1ppg, 2.4rpg in 15.9min #GrizHoopskyle sample added,
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
St. John's transfer Amar Alibegovic is receiving interest from Colorado, Boise State, Montana, Iona, and UIC, sources told @CBSSports.

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/2016/3/29/11326236/amar-alibegovic-transferring-from-st-johns Some more information on Amar. Sounds like a little bit of a project though he had some good games against Syracuse and Villanova.

Griz1 said:

Follow

kyle sample
Alibegovic (6-9, 235, soph) played in all 32, 6 starts for St. John's. Averaged 5.1ppg, 2.4rpg in 15.9min #GrizHoopskyle sample added,
St. John's transfer Amar Alibegovic is receiving interest from Colorado, Boise State, Montana, Iona, and UIC, sources told @CBSSports.

There's a few guys I'm tracking, but I don't information solid enough to be writing about and I hate it when reporters become speculators because they think they know something but really don't have much to substantiate that information with. Signing day opens April 13, all I can say for sure is that Montana is looking at few guys

kyle_sample said:
Griz1 said:

Follow

kyle sample

There's a few guys I'm tracking, but I don't information solid enough to be writing about and I hate it when reporters become speculators because they think they know something but really don't have much to substantiate that information with. Signing day opens April 13, all I can say for sure is that Montana is looking at few guys

Kyle I'm sorry if you thought I was seeking a comment from you that would require you to speculate. I just worded this very poorly. I was very surprised that there were no comments by anyone on here after you had put it up on twitter. That is what I was trying to get at.

I have appreciated your reporting very much. Please keep up the good work. AND when you have some information I will look forward to you letting us know. Thank you!

Griz1 said:
kyle_sample said:
Griz1 said:

Follow

kyle sample

Kyle I'm sorry if you thought I was seeking a comment from you that would require you to speculate. I just worded this very poorly. I was very surprised that there were no comments by anyone on here after you had put it up on twitter. That is what I was trying to get at.

I have appreciated your reporting very much. Please keep up the good work. AND when you have some information I will look forward to you letting us know. Thank you!

That's not at all what I thought, but I just don't have enough to write anything. But when I do I'll report it to keep the comparatively small but committed Griz basketball base informed

kyle_sample said:
Griz1 said:
kyle_sample said:
Griz1 said:

Follow

kyle sample

That's not at all what I thought, but I just don't have enough to write anything. But when I do I'll report it to keep the comparatively small but committed Griz basketball base informed
As a long time member of the "base," I thank you! :)

Thanks Kyle, keep up the good work! This time of year is so tough. JUCO recruiting info is way too hard to come by. Same with transfer info.

Back