• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Griz Football Recruiting- 4 Transfers, 22 HS & 4 Walk-ons

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Am I the only one worried that starting this thread so early could finally be the push to send Payton to Warm Springs?

Sacrifices have to be made! This is beyond important. BTW, Let me be the first to say it, the 2017 class is the best class the University of Montana has ever recruited.

Ursa Major said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Am I the only one worried that starting this thread so early could finally be the push to send Payton to Warm Springs?

Sacrifices have to be made! This is beyond important. BTW, Let me be the first to say it, the 2017 class is the best class the University of Montana has ever recruited.

So far, its the #1 recruiting class in all of the FCS. :clap: :clap: :clap:

https://twitter.com/CadeQB3

Cct8-EMWEAA3o6s.jpg

behappp said:
behappp said:
Good dream while it lasted.
CJ Verdell is saying on twitter that he has received offers from Hawaii, EWU, Oregon and Arizona.

https://twitter.com/sircvee

add Wisconsin and Cal to the list. He is officially no longer "Under the Radar."
I think it's safe to assume he was never under the radar, not in his location (recruiting hotbed) & with all the accolades he has received (all-state jr, all-cif). Was a pipe dream from day one.

Something I saw on Twitter from Hero Sports. No idea how accurate - just filling in time.

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-quarterback-recruiting-north-dakota-state-jacksonville-sam-houston-richmond

Lots of other FCS discussions as well.

Montana

FINISH: FCS second round qualifier

QB SITUATION: Pro prospect Brady Gustafson was outstanding last year when he was on the field, and he'll be a cornerstone in 2016. His performance in a win over North Dakota State was incredible.

QB OFFERS: None that have gone public.

QB INTEREST: Cade Yeager (6-2/195- Oklahoma product), Harrison Broadus (6-2/170- Oregon product), Caleb Taylor (6-3/205- Utah product).

THE SKINNY: Taylor has all kinds of schools looking at him, from the Pac 12 to the Big Sky. He's considered a 3-star prospect by some outlets- and being a native of Utah, keep eye on the Utes and BYU in his recruitment, and Southern Utah, Weber State and Utah State are other possibilities. Yeager loves the fact that the Griz are after him, he told HERO Sports. The Oklahoma native is a high school teammate of 2016 Montana signee Samuel Akem. That could help the Griz, as closer-to-home Stephen F. Austin, Abilene Christian and Oklahoma State have shown interest too.

SAYS TO HERO SPORTS .... : Yeager- "They're a great program with a lot of really nice facilities. Their coaches seem really cool and I feel like I could fit their system really well. They say they love how calm I am in the pocket but love that I can extend plays. Sammy (Akem) has helped a good bit. He got me interested in them and just has positive things to say about the place. I'd be very humbled if they chose to offer me."

bgbigdog said:
Something I saw on Twitter from Hero Sports. No idea how accurate - just filling in time.

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-quarterback-recruiting-north-dakota-state-jacksonville-sam-houston-richmond

Lots of other FCS discussions as well.

Montana

FINISH: FCS second round qualifier

QB SITUATION: Pro prospect Brady Gustafson was outstanding last year when he was on the field, and he'll be a cornerstone in 2016. His performance in a win over North Dakota State was incredible.

QB OFFERS: None that have gone public.

QB INTEREST: Cade Yeager (6-2/195- Oklahoma product), Harrison Broadus (6-2/170- Oregon product), Caleb Taylor (6-3/205- Utah product).

THE SKINNY: Taylor has all kinds of schools looking at him, from the Pac 12 to the Big Sky. He's considered a 3-star prospect by some outlets- and being a native of Utah, keep eye on the Utes and BYU in his recruitment, and Southern Utah, Weber State and Utah State are other possibilities. Yeager loves the fact that the Griz are after him, he told HERO Sports. The Oklahoma native is a high school teammate of 2016 Montana signee Samuel Akem. That could help the Griz, as closer-to-home Stephen F. Austin, Abilene Christian and Oklahoma State have shown interest too.

SAYS TO HERO SPORTS .... : Yeager- "They're a great program with a lot of really nice facilities. Their coaches seem really cool and I feel like I could fit their system really well. They say they love how calm I am in the pocket but love that I can extend plays. Sammy (Akem) has helped a good bit. He got me interested in them and just has positive things to say about the place. I'd be very humbled if they chose to offer me."

Interesting.....

I have sent him a Griz application...of course I am not serious. I'm not sure if an application exists. In any event I'd like to see the young man become a player in a Griz uniform.

Paytonlives said:
2017 Offers (4)
RB- CJ Verdell 5'9" 195 (Mater Dei Catholic HS) Chula Vista, CA (247)
OL- Brian Greene 6'3" 320 (Eisenhower HS) Yakima, WA (Rivals & Scout)

LB- Anthony Hines 6'3" 218 (Plano East HS) Plano, TX (4 Stars) (Rivals)
DB- Trimek Williams 5'9" 170 (Carlisle HS) Carlisle, Pennsylvania (Rivals)

UM has 18 seniors in 2016, If the normal atrition happens look for 24 new verbals in 2017.
QB Brady Gustafson
QB Chad Chalich
RB John Nguyen
RB Joey Counts
WR Lane Hovey
WR Ethan Brewer
OL Jackson Thiebes
OL McCauley Todd
OL Ben Weyer
OL Devon Dietrich
OL Max Kelly

DE Ryan Johnson
DT Caleb Kidder
DT Zach Peevey
CB JR Nelson
S Yamen Sanders

LS Aaron Held
K Harrison Greenberg

This should be corrected. Montana hasn't made any offers and won't for a few months

kyle_sample said:
Paytonlives said:
2017 Offers (4)

UM has 18 seniors in 2016, If the normal atrition happens look for 24 new verbals in 2017.
QB Brady Gustafson
QB Chad Chalich
RB John Nguyen
RB Joey Counts
WR Lane Hovey
WR Ethan Brewer
OL Jackson Thiebes
OL McCauley Todd
OL Ben Weyer
OL Devon Dietrich
OL Max Kelly

DE Ryan Johnson
DT Caleb Kidder
DT Zach Peevey
CB JR Nelson
S Yamen Sanders

LS Aaron Held
K Harrison Greenberg

This should be corrected. Montana hasn't made any offers and won't for a few months

Will stay with what we have done for 10 years...
Scouts, Rivals, 247 or personal twitter page has worked well so they stay as offered.

Paytonlives said:
kyle_sample said:
Paytonlives said:
2017 Offers (4)

QB Brady Gustafson
QB Chad Chalich
RB John Nguyen
RB Joey Counts
WR Lane Hovey
WR Ethan Brewer
OL Jackson Thiebes
OL McCauley Todd
OL Ben Weyer
OL Devon Dietrich
OL Max Kelly

DE Ryan Johnson
DT Caleb Kidder
DT Zach Peevey
CB JR Nelson
S Yamen Sanders

LS Aaron Held
K Harrison Greenberg

Will stay with what we have done for 10 years...
Scouts, Rivals, 247 or personal twitter page has worked well so they stay as offered.

Well all those sites are wrong. Montana is approaching recruiting differently this season and has not made a single offer.

Back