• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Vim's Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Teton Cat said:
catsack said:
Teton Cat said:
Umista said:
Recently coach Stitt mentioned to me the Griz are looking at young men with good work habits, good students and other issues to go along with their athletic ability. I know coaches say things fans like listening to but he appears to be following what he has stated.

Ha,ha......LMFAO!!!! Right now Stitt is on his knees praying to the grizz gods that Nelson can put his pipe down long enough to pass a piss test so he can rejoin the team half-way through the season :mrgreen:
Try to keep this about Montana kids!!

I would but you don't have any :mrgreen:

The soon-to-be BSC Defensive POY disagrees with you. As does our NFL-caliber QB. :cool:

VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:
VimSince03 said:
Ill have an updated list out there soon. Still getting through positional rankings. Braydon Deming is my top outside linebacker in this Montana class and #3 tight end. Rensvold is my #2 tight end and #4 middle linebacker. Bryson Deming plays just QB currently but I see him either as a tight end (the H in Stitts offense) or an outside linebacker. Basically, the exact same as his identical twin brother. Three very good recruits. Good gets! I'm pretty high on Braydon on defense and Matt on offense. As far as Troy Andersen receiving Pac-12 interest, there are about 5-6 others receiving FBS interest as well. Deep Montana class this year and I'm glad these kids are getting talked about.
Why wouldn't you project Bryson as a QB? He looks pretty solid on tape, nothing flashy but very sound.

Well he does project as a QB but I think he would excel more at the other positions. You are right, he isn't flashy at QB. Throws an okay ball. Kind of has a long throwing motion. Big kid and good athlete so when he runs its usually positive. And who knows, the Griz may be looking at him as a QB. They have plenty of depth there so Byrson would be a good project. I just see about 5-6 kids better at playing QB than him next season out of Montana. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the insight! Honestly if he just ended up being an ace punter I think that would be incredible. For kicks, who are some of the top QB's Montana has to offer during the next cycle?

brewskis said:
Thanks for the insight! Honestly if he just ended up being an ace punter I think that would be incredible. For kicks, who are some of the top QB's Montana has to offer during the next cycle?

Luke Gonsioroski - Baker
Mitch Roberts - Missoula Sentinel
Bridger Johnson - Kalispell Flathead
Nate Dick - Billings Senior
Bryson Deming - Billings West
Troy Andersen - Dillon
Braden Larsen - Whitehall
Callahan O'Reilly - Bozeman
Lane Jensen - CMR
Dakota Bridwell - Columbia Falls

There are a few more but these are my top 10 going into next year for kids who are best at QB. This isn't the order of my top 10 but these are the kids in my top 10. The best "natural thrower" in the group may be Bridger Johnson.

VimSince03 said:
'68griz said:
A question: is Mitch Roberts Ben Robert's brother?

Yes. Good athlete but not as big as Ben.

Excellent Athlete. Excellent runner. Not a huge arm. Needs to improve his vision. Has a tendency to tuck and run very quickly. Has always been a good enough athlete to "get away with it". May not be able to do that when he is surrounded by other "athletes".

grizpack said:
VimSince03 said:
'68griz said:
A question: is Mitch Roberts Ben Robert's brother?

Yes. Good athlete but not as big as Ben.

Excellent Athlete. Excellent runner. Not a huge arm. Needs to improve his vision. Has a tendency to tuck and run very quickly. Has always been a good enough athlete to "get away with it". May not be able to do that when he is surrounded by other "athletes".

Probably will transition to WR if he goes to the FCS level.

kyle_sample said:
Troy Andersen is sixth? Good one. That explains why he is already getting serious looks from Pac-12 schools

I agree, Kyle!

I've stated before that Andersen is a major athlete, in football and basketball (possessing state championships).

Anderson is the best recruit in the state,

IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
Troy Andersen is sixth? Good one. That explains why he is already getting serious looks from Pac-12 schools

I agree, Kyle!

I've stated before that Andersen is a major athlete, in football and basketball (possessing state championships).

I'll repeat this again. Troy is not the only recruit getting serious Pac-12 and/or FBS interest. Also, in terms of football, Troy and a bunch of other kids are part of a very versatile high school group than can play multiple positions at the next level. There isn't much separation between them. But Troy will be moving up the ranks in the next update. Wanted to see his junior track season finish...and boy did he finish.

North Dakota has been recruiting Montana much harder this year by the way. Their coaches have been all over many of the Billings area kids and some others. Not that they will get any of them but they are investing a bit of time into Montana than they have before.

VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

I agree, Kyle!

I'll repeat this again. Troy is not the only recruit getting serious Pac-12 and/or FBS interest. Also, in terms of football, Troy and a bunch of other kids are part of a very versatile high school group than can play multiple positions at the next level. There isn't much separation between them. But Troy will be moving up the ranks in the next update. Wanted to see his junior track season finish...and boy did he finish.

He's also not the sixth-best recruit in the state

kyle_sample said:
VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

I agree, Kyle!

He's also not the sixth-best recruit in the state

He won't be when I put out the new ranking.

The biggest sleeper in the state is Mac Holt!!! That kid is an amazing athlete. He is getting noticed at summer camps this summer. He will absolutely dominate defensively this coming year. Offensively, depends on if T Falls can find proper ways to get him the ball. He is already 6'4", 235 lbs. He wants to get to 250 lbs and play MLB in college. On size and athleticism alone, he will find himself with many offers from some pretty good programs. Coaches love to take flyers on big, fast, strong athletic freaks!!!! He is just that!

You want a big time sleeper for the 2018 class? Jeremiah Paine, kicker, plays for the small school of Westby. He will only be a HS jr this year. He can already hit from 55 yards, and makes it look easy too. His leg goes out to 60 yards. The kid kicks every day. He carries footballs, tee, etc with him. He wants to get his education by being a college kicker. ( I hear he is a pretty good golfer as well. ) Some of his summer kicking is posted on his Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah.paine1?fref=ts

VimSince03 said:
North Dakota has been recruiting Montana much harder this year by the way. Their coaches have been all over many of the Billings area kids and some others. Not that they will get any of them but they are investing a bit of time into Montana than they have before.
just curious as why you think so, fargo is just as close or in some cases closer to some eastern montana towns than missoula.

braves84 said:
VimSince03 said:
just curious as why you think so, fargo is just as close or in some cases closer to some eastern montana towns than missoula.

Because most of these kids are Cat or Griz fans so if they get offered by those schools, likely they will go there in-state. And I'm talking about UND, not NDSU. The Fighting Hawks!

VimSince03 said:
braves84 said:
VimSince03 said:

Because most of these kids are Cat or Griz fans so if they get offered by those schools, likely they will go there in-state. And I'm talking about UND, not NDSU. The Fighting Hawks!
o.k. fair enough. I agree und has no shot at Montana kids.

IntuitiveGriz said:

I should have included Troy Anderson's track state championship:

1 11.05a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V P
1 11.12a May 28 MHSA Class A Championships V F

Latest posts

Back