• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024 Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker

Look how strong he finished the season. From his SS bio:

"2023-24 Season
• Played in all 34 games, including 23 starts
• Started each of the last nine, and 23 of the final 25 games of the season
• Averaged 9.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 0.9 steals and 28.0 minutes per game
• Shot 44% from the field (113-257) and 40% from the 3-point line (63-158)
• Averaged 1.9 made 3-pointers per game
• Over the final eight games of the season, he was the team’s leading scorer at 15.4 points per game
• During those eight games, he also averaged 5.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.9 steals per game while shooting 51% (45-89) from the field and 45% (22-49) from distance
• Scored in double figures in six of the final eight games, including a career-best 29 points vs. Northern Colorado (most by a Hornet during the season)
• Averaged 10.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.7 steals over three games at the Big Sky Tournament
• Scored in double figures 14 times, and led the Hornets in scoring on eight occasions
• Pulled at least five rebounds in each of the final five games of the season"

Based up my maths...

1. The Griz have 11 scholarships used, but Whitney's scholarship if it follows past practice (Vasquez) that in house Covid Years don't count against the total scholarship total, which would mean they technically have 3 available. For actual accounting purposes for next year it is 11. Most schools are just adding another 1 and done grad transfer to their roster when they have a Covid year player on their roster. Makes it a lot easier going forward to not have class imbalance.

2. I do get the sense that UM does have a stealth commitment from a big. I don't have much to go on at this point, but they were all over some bigs early on when the portal opened, like Ballisager-Webb and there was radio silence for a while. My hunch is that he is the silent or stealth commit, as he's been retweeted Erikstrup's offer. There are a number of players at least regionally that make sense as a fits to continue to fill out the roster. Jazz Gardner from Nevada, Makai Richards from Pacific, Cyprian Hyde and Yuto Williams from Portland, and Caden Powell from Wyoming. In addition think they are looking at players who might be able to give more than just a year in Missoula as the only long-term depth in the post is Davidson as a RS FR.

3. I think Whitney's return rules out a Rollie Worster return home. Unless there is a roster change that we aren't aware of, my sense is that Worster heads to an established Power 5 school. Wouldn't at all be surprised that he ended up at a place like Gonzaga when it is all said and done. I could be way wrong with what his desires are, but he's not a real fit for the Griz in any way now that Whitney said he's returning. Worster is an upgrade over Whitney, but again I don't think Whitney returns if there was a sense that Worster wanted to come back to Missoula for his Grad Year.

Ballisager-Webb took a visit to Portland over the weekend. I hope it’s him cause I’d love to have a 7 footer on the roster

Based up my maths...

1. The Griz have 11 scholarships used, but Whitney's scholarship if it follows past practice (Vasquez) that in house Covid Years don't count against the total scholarship total, which would mean they technically have 3 available. For actual accounting purposes for next year it is 11. Most schools are just adding another 1 and done grad transfer to their roster when they have a Covid year player on their roster. Makes it a lot easier going forward to not have class imbalance.

2. I do get the sense that UM does have a stealth commitment from a big. I don't have much to go on at this point, but they were all over some bigs early on when the portal opened, like Ballisager-Webb and there was radio silence for a while. My hunch is that he is the silent or stealth commit, as he's been retweeted Erikstrup's offer. There are a number of players at least regionally that make sense as a fits to continue to fill out the roster. Jazz Gardner from Nevada, Makai Richards from Pacific, Cyprian Hyde and Yuto Williams from Portland, and Caden Powell from Wyoming. In addition think they are looking at players who might be able to give more than just a year in Missoula as the only long-term depth in the post is Davidson as a RS FR.

3. I think Whitney's return rules out a Rollie Worster return home. Unless there is a roster change that we aren't aware of, my sense is that Worster heads to an established Power 5 school. Wouldn't at all be surprised that he ended up at a place like Gonzaga when it is all said and done. I could be way wrong with what his desires are, but he's not a real fit for the Griz in any way now that Whitney said he's returning. Worster is an upgrade over Whitney, but again I don't think Whitney returns if there was a sense that Worster wanted to come back to Missoula for his Grad Year.
There is no way Rollie Worster is playing for Travis.

And, Rollie has/had visits scheduled to some major Power 5 schools.

Ballisager-Webb took a visit to Portland over the weekend. I hope it’s him cause I’d love to have a 7 footer on the roster

Yeah, he's a long and fairly mobile 7 footer and would be a really nice addition. I hadn't seen much traffic on him the past few weeks (elsewhere) that it made sense that he might be the guy. I don't really know, but it sure be nice to have a big already signed, sealed and delivered.

There is no way Rollie Worster is playing for Travis.

And, Rollie has/had visits scheduled to some major Power 5 schools.
I had heard similar things as well, but I had an outside hope their frigid relationship had thawed a bit. I didn't think there was a chance in hades anyway considering he was a key player on a Utah squad and knew he'd get a lot of interest elsewhere.

Yeah, he's a long and fairly mobile 7 footer and would be a really nice addition. I hadn't seen much traffic on him the past few weeks (elsewhere) that it made sense that he might be the guy. I don't really know, but it sure be nice to have a big already signed, sealed and delivered.
I wouldn’t doubt that we already have a big guy and we just haven’t uncovered him yet

As a note, most likely sometime in the next day or two we'll set a record for players in the portal. There are currently 1701 players in the portal and we had 17017 last year. I thought we might get to 2,000 this year but as the rate has fallen off in recent weeks, we are looking more likely about 1,800 total when in the window closes in a few weeks.

As a note, most likely sometime in the next day or two we'll set a record for players in the portal. There are currently 1701 players in the portal and we had 17017 last year. I thought we might get to 2,000 this year but as the rate has fallen off in recent weeks, we are looking more likely about 1,800 total when in the window closes in a few weeks.
That is just wild. It would be interesting too see how many never find a home. Or end up walking on somewhere.

College BB has become a joke. But the Mid-Major teams which will be playing during March Madness will be the ones who have embraced the NIL thing.

College BB has become a joke. But the Mid-Major teams which will be playing during March Madness will be the ones who have embraced the NIL thing.
"Embrace is not the right word. Most schools, except ones like the Ivies and Stanford (at least in the past), will use NIL if they have the NIL money. And, like Yale this year, there are will be some teams and mid-majors advancing in the tourney without NIL. I wonder what the Stanford women have for NIL money. I'm guessing not a big chunk, but don't know. Stanford has many other large benefits and, of course, isn't a mid-major. I am curious as to what the NIL situations are for some of the teams that won a game or two this year. And schools like West Va, which had enough NIL money to pay 2 transfers $500,000 and $350,000, didn't do well even what seemed to be good NIL money. I agree that a good chunk of NIL money would help UM and the Big Sky schools.

Latest posts

Back