• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2nd scrimmage wrap up

Here is link to about a 5 minute video of what Stitt had to say after the scrimmage. He even makes a comment that some of this offense may not get installed until the following season. I'm not sure if he was referring to this coming season or 2016. But anyways here you go if you haven't seen it. :thumb:

*EDIT: There is also interviews from some of the players and a few highlights from the scrimmage.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UM-Grizzly-Athletics-Football/100273803396834?fref=ts

Anyone know what happened to Marq Rogers. Is he still on the team?
Seems he had a tremendous upside.

Catsrback76 said:
BWahlberg said:
DPGriz said:
Is going for it on 4th down part of Stitt's philosophy or was that just something for the scrimmage?

Goes for it a lot, he did that at CSM too, he doesn't punt that often.

He's following Rob Ash's philosophy of playing the odds on 4th down by going for it. Becoming more the norm than ever before.
We'll see who's following who next November :thumb:

jbear said:
Anyone know what happened to Marq Rogers. Is he still on the team?
Seems he had a tremendous upside.

Injured - not sure if it was a camp injury or missing it due to off-season surgery. He had a shoulder issue that sidelined him all fall.

Dannyboy03867 said:
Here is link to about a 5 minute video of what Stitt had to say after the scrimmage. He even makes a comment that some of this offense may not get installed until the following season. I'm not sure if he was referring to this coming season or 2016. But anyways here you go if you haven't seen it. :thumb:

*EDIT: There is also interviews from some of the players and a few highlights from the scrimmage.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UM-Grizzly-Athletics-Football/100273803396834?fref=ts
Great video DB!! Is that Coach Bobby H. that appears at the 2:45 minute mark?

I have to say, Lurch looked pretty good at QB!

Lurch-addams-family-6160640-456-480.jpg

First and foremost, I can't wait to see this offense with the tall and speedy Marq Rogers and Tyler Lucas added to it. :shock: :clap: :cool: The Griz will be lighting up the scoreboard like a pinball machine then (along with what they already have in place at WR). :twocents:

Nguyen has looked good at RB, I really like him, he does everything very well. Just wish he had more break-away speed. But I am glad he doesn't, because if did he would be at an FBS school. I'm looking forward to seeing what a healthy Favors and Counts will add to the team when they return to live action.

Can't wait for Schmaing to get back in the line-up, that will help the offense a lot!

This team will look a lot better come the first game, with more practices and the added players.

:egriz:

From GoGriz.com:

Junior halfback John Nguyen led all rushers with 11 carries for 66 yards, and he was followed by sophomore Lorenzo Logwood (13-38), and redshirt freshman Carl Johnson (6-26).

End Tyrone Holmes and tackle Caleb Kidder led the defense. Kidder, a junior from Helena who missed last season with an injury, had a team-high 8 tackles, along with a sack, a tackle for a loss, and a pass deflection. Holmes, a senior returning starter from Eagle Point, Ore., had 6 tackles, a pair of sacks, and a TFL.

"Caleb is tougher than heck inside," Stitt said. "And I am really impressed with all of the DBs, especially McKinley. He can lock them down. I'm excited about our offense being able to do something against that defense, because I know how good they are."
====================================================================================

My take: Nguyen averaged an impressive 6 yards per rush. Homes and Kidder played like men. McKinley has turned into a lock-down corner.

And my own eyes, from his scrimmage play, see that Safety Manu Rassmussan (was a first team all-state selection at running back and safety as a senior, and tabbed his conference's offensive player of the year...named to the AIGA Under Armor Polynesian All-America team that year...Rushed for 2,000-plus yards and 38 touchdowns his senior season, along with 13 pass break ups on defense) is a beast/difference maker. No wonder Delaney considered playing him last season as a true freshman. The kid is awesome. 4 incredible years ahead for him.

The best thing Stitt said after the 2nd scrimmage was, "We'e gotta get some swagger on offense. We've got it on defense. When we get it on both sides we are going to be tough." Then he shook his head like this: :rockon:

IntuitiveGriz said:
The best thing Stitt said after the 2nd scrimmage was, "We'e gotta get some swagger on offense. We've got it on defense. When we get it on both sides we are going to be tough." Then he shook his head like this: :rockon:

Careful. You say the "S" word too loud you may cause TCC to "touch" himself! :lol:

Hammer said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Careful. You say the "S" word too loud you may cause TCC to "touch" himself! :lol:

Was there a thread bout Swagger on here a while back :?

TCCGRIZ said:
Hammer said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Was there a thread bout Swagger on here a while back :?

I think you guys mean *Swogger

Back