• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

4 New JC Transfers for Fall Camp

CV Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:
marceagfan5 said:
go96griz said:
If Colter Nuanez said so then you can be assured it is true. He has excellent information and he is a hell of a writer and football analyst. Colter's terrific coverage for the cats is the one thing that I am envious about with that program.

At least we don't have to hear Colter on here anonymously pimping for his little brother anymore or complaining about Jimmy Wilson returning to the program. :)

Colter, if you're listening, it's time you return to your Griz roots and give us some great coverage. That is all...

I've heard it a couple times, but I definitely trust Colter...

Yep, it's true

Call it the "rich getting richer" or " to the victors go the spoils". EWU is getting the breaks that UM got 5-10 years ago during their dominance of the BSC. Not good Griz fans.

Well we havent seen the guy play a single down of football this year so I'll not go that far.

Keep in mind the Griz have Ellis Henderson, Jamaal Jones, Jeremiah Kose, Jamal Wilson, and Kendrick Van Ackeren as mostly drop downs (save Kose who is a JuCo) who are active roster and all starters and very good at what they do. We still get plenty of quality drop downs. The Sky isn't falling.

We have good corners.....he would have been added to the depth chart. We're fine at corner. It's the scheme that sometimes bewilders me.o

nzone said:
We have good corners.....he would have been added to the depth chart. We're fine at corner. It's the scheme that sometimes bewilders me.o

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! My exact feeling on this. :thumb: :clap:

mtgrizrule said:
nzone said:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! My exact feeling on this. :thumb: :clap:

Last season he appeared in 10 games, and had a total of 7 tackles. ALL 7 came in the same game (against Colorado). The second coming of Trumaine Johnson he ain't.

BWahlberg said:
CV Griz Fan said:
BWahlberg said:
marceagfan5 said:
I've heard it a couple times, but I definitely trust Colter...

Yep, it's true

Call it the "rich getting richer" or " to the victors go the spoils". EWU is getting the breaks that UM got 5-10 years ago during their dominance of the BSC. Not good Griz fans.

Well we havent seen the guy play a single down of football this year so I'll not go that far.

Keep in mind the Griz have Ellis Henderson, Jamaal Jones, Jeremiah Kose, Jamal Wilson, and Kendrick Van Ackeren as mostly drop downs (save Kose who is a JuCo) who are active roster and all starters and very good at what they do. We still get plenty of quality drop downs. The Sky isn't falling.

Nobody is saying that the sky is falling on UM but clearly the Griz aren't "top dog" anymore in conference. Supposedly this player was coming to the Griz but changed his mind at the last minute.In years past, UM was the first choice in the BSC. That has changed in recent years as EWU has climbed to the top of this conference. Just an observation. Nothing more.

If you don't think Montana was losing recruits to other big sky schools 5 or 10 years ago then you're smoking dope. Missoula isn't the be all and end all of the Big Sky never was. We've lost kids to Portland State just because Missoula is in the boonies.

AllWeatherFan said:
I doubt everybody on the NDSU board is whining because we "stole" McKinley and Favors out from under them.
maybe they didn't want them anyway. how come no one is using that line for this guy? meh. didn't need him.

griz4life said:
If you don't think Montana was losing recruits to other big sky schools 5 or 10 years ago then you're smoking dope. Missoula isn't the be all and end all of the Big Sky never was. We've lost kids to Portland State just because Missoula is in the boonies.

Bingo.

Maybe the kid just had his heart set on getting a diesel mechanic's certificate or wanted to learn how to weld? There are many factors in ones choice of schools.

Don't forget our scholarship issues either.....perhaps the Griz had no money to give this kid and asked him to be a preferred walk on. Sometimes money talks and he probably went where he could get some scholarship dollars. Who knows?

Ursa Major said:
Maybe the kid just had his heart set on getting a diesel mechanic's certificate or wanted to learn how to weld? There are many factors in ones choice of schools.
I heard they added a 2 year chemistry certificate, if you don't blow yourself up and the TA doesn't OD on your finished product you get a C and 6 months free rent at the trailer park.

grizfnz said:
Ursa Major said:
I'm heard they added a 2 year chemistry certificate, if you don't blow yourself up and the TA doesn't OD on your finished product you get a C and 6 months free rent at the trailer park.

:D :D :D

grizfnz said:
Ursa Major said:
I'm heard they added a 2 year chemistry certificate, if you don't blow yourself up and the TA doesn't OD on your finished product you get a C and 6 months free rent at the trailer park.

:clap:

grizfnz said:
Ursa Major said:
I heard they added a 2 year chemistry certificate, if you don't blow yourself up and the TA doesn't OD on your finished product you get a C and 6 months free rent at the trailer park.

Not sure whats worse, making fun of these kids, or losing to them?

HookedonGriz said:
Don't forget our scholarship issues either.....perhaps the Griz had no money to give this kid and asked him to be a preferred walk on. Sometimes money talks and he probably went where he could get some scholarship dollars. Who knows?

Honestly, he probably saw the opportunity for more playing time at EWU. I'm not sure what UM has returning, but EWU's top 3 corners graduated last year and he is pretty much guaranteed a starting spot...

marceagfan5 said:
grizfnz said:
Ursa Major said:

Not sure whats worse, making fun of these kids, or losing to them?
By my math we still own the series.....
and I guess I just imagined ewu fans making fun of Jordan Johnson and his situation.

Back