• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Choat-led 4yr losing streak?

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Here’s your QB situation:

- Andersen - a guy who was not recruited out of HS to play QB Ever is now probably your QB. He did not throw the ball very well in high school and was mostly a RB at the QB position (a la Chris Murray). He is a good athlete and smart, so he is your best option. If he goes down, that’s when it gets really interesting.

- Jonsen - a former 4 star who hasn’t taken a D1 snap in a live game yet (similar to Bruggeman). Can’t cut it at Oregon and gets beat out by Prukop and Herbert. Transfers to JUCO and can’t start there either. My cats buddies said he’s a better receiver than QB as he has a crazy weird throwing motion and is not accurate at all, perhaps a worst passer than Murray they said.

- Rovig - kid got sacked 8 times in your spring scrimmage and struggled mightily when the live bullets started flying. No need to even discuss.

- Bauman - probably your best up and coming pocket passer, but that 5.2 40 yard dash and inability to really pick up the playbook has your coaching staff wanting to give him more time.

Tell me again how solid your QB position is? You guys are high on crack if you’d say your QB situation is even close to a strength. Not one of them has taken a D1 snap yet. Get the f*** out of here with that shit.

Lots of inaccuracies in there but that's OK. So Cats and griz both have unproven QBs at the D1 level. Your JC guy hasn't done shit at UNLV or whatever JC he went to from what I've read but it sounds like Bobby says he practices well and you guys talk about him like he's the second coming so we'll see. He could be Tom Brady and you'd still struggle in 2018 because of your o line debacle.

Point out where anything I said is untrue. I asked BS33 to do the same. You can’t.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

- Andersen - a guy who was not recruited out of HS to play QB Ever is now probably your QB. He did not throw the ball very well in high school and was mostly a RB at the QB position (a la Chris Murray). He is a good athlete and smart, so he is your best option. If he goes down, that’s when it gets really interesting.

- Jonsen - a former 4 star who hasn’t taken a D1 snap in a live game yet (similar to Bruggeman). Can’t cut it at Oregon and gets beat out by Prukop and Herbert. Transfers to JUCO and can’t start there either. My cats buddies said he’s a better receiver than QB as he has a crazy weird throwing motion and is not accurate at all, perhaps a worst passer than Murray they said.

- Rovig - kid got sacked 8 times in your spring scrimmage and struggled mightily when the live bullets started flying. No need to even discuss.

- Bauman - probably your best up and coming pocket passer, but that 5.2 40 yard dash and inability to really pick up the playbook has your coaching staff wanting to give him more time.

Tell me again how solid your QB position is? You guys are high on crack if you’d say your QB situation is even close to a strength. Not one of them has taken a D1 snap yet. Get the f*** out of here with that shit.

Lots of inaccuracies in there but that's OK. So Cats and griz both have unproven QBs at the D1 level. Your JC guy hasn't done shit at UNLV or whatever JC he went to from what I've read but it sounds like Bobby says he practices well and you guys talk about him like he's the second coming so we'll see. He could be Tom Brady and you'd still struggle in 2018 because of your o line debacle.

Point out where anything I said is untrue. I asked BS33 to do the same. You can’t.

Poor and 33, why don't you give us a point by point analysis and rebuttal of Hooked's post. I'd like to see it. I don't know much about your remaining qb's. Would be helpful for us.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Poor and 33, why don't you give us a point by point analysis and rebuttal of Hooked's post. I'd like to see it. I don't know much about your remaining qb's. Would be helpful for us.

This does a good job addressing Hooks questions on Andersen.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/qb-or-not-qb-resourceful-troy-andersen-proves-his-value/article_7d9f3f56-95a6-58cc-b641-51d9d6ea855e.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/qb-or-not-qb-resourceful-troy-andersen-proves-his-value/article_7d9f3f56-95a6-58cc-b641-51d9d6ea855e.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

I didn't see any questions on Anderson, just that he's not a QB. What does that blog thing say about the true frosh, or the gun shy kiddo who gets sacked all the time, or the guy who can't start for a JC? Have any of your QBs completed a DI pass?

CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I didn't see any questions on Anderson, just that he's not a QB. What does that blog thing say about the true frosh, or the gun shy kiddo who gets sacked all the time, or the guy who can't start for a JC? Have any of your QBs completed a DI pass?
Internet fail. Anybody else want to comment on Andersen's prospect as a QB based on this article?

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

Internet fail. Anybody else want to comment on Andersen's prospect as a QB based on this article?

Actually, I"m not interested in reading an article about the Cat qb. Looking for a well-wording short and tight summary.

From the Day 8 report:

"Quarterback Dalton Sneed continued to impress, hitting an outstretched Samuel Akem for a 50-plus yard gain on a post route. Sneed also hit freshman receiver Malik Flowers deep down the left side for a score, with both receivers making plays on the ball."

From the Day 7 report:

"Sophomore QB Cam Humphrey also had a solid day, threading a defensive needed to hit freshman Nick Germer across the middle with outstretched arms for a gain of 20.

Dalton Sneed once again looked on-form at quarterback, slinging a 60-yard touchdown to senior wideout Keenan Curran for a score during one of the three team runs."

PlayerRep said:
From the Day 8 report:

"Quarterback Dalton Sneed continued to impress, hitting an outstretched Samuel Akem for a 50-plus yard gain on a post route. Sneed also hit freshman receiver Malik Flowers deep down the left side for a score, with both receivers making plays on the ball."

From the Day 7 report:

"Sophomore QB Cam Humphrey also had a solid day, threading a defensive needed to hit freshman Nick Germer across the middle with outstretched arms for a gain of 20.

Dalton Sneed once again looked on-form at quarterback, slinging a 60-yard touchdown to senior wideout Keenan Curran for a score during one of the three team runs."

Ok let's talk about Sneed. You and all the minions continue to say he looks good in "practice". However he's not a good QB. Here are the facts:

At UNLV in 2016 3 QBs played. Palandech was the best % at 49/97 for 51%. Stanton was 50/107 for 47%. The worst of the bunch was Sneed at 39/88 for a whopping 44%. He was the worst QB at a really crappy team that several BSC teams would beat. He ended his awful UNLV span by going 9/23 against Colorado St, and 2/9 against San Jose St before getting (mercifully) benched. That's not good competition to be really crappy.

With a young and inexperienced OL, this spells trouble. He's already not accurate and now he's going to be running for his life most of the time. I fully expected him to get beat out by now, but last I read he's still QB1. That only means your other guys suck too.

UNI is going to blitz the crap out of you guys in every possible direction and it will be a rough game. Coaches working with each other for the first time isn't going to help.

Don't talk to me about QBs and stop foolishly saying he looks good in practice. You guys are awful.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

So, you don't know? Do you happen to have any thoughts of your own on the subject, or are you just going to lift them from others? I'll ask again: Have any of your QBs completed a DI pass?

I honestly don't understand why you would still post in this thread after getting objectively smacked around several times.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
From the Day 8 report:

From the Day 7 report:

Ok let's talk about Sneed.

Fuck off. You don't get to decide that.

Let's talk about whether any of your QBs have completed a DI pass and how you're apparently too much of a fucking dunce to know the answer. Maybe you can find an article about it and just adopt the author's opinion. That way, you won't have to perform any analysis of your own.

ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

If I were to compare Troy Andersen to FCS quaterbacks I worked with while they were in high school, I'd compare TA to Billy Napier but a better all around athlete. TA reminds me of a kid I was reading about when Uncle Sugar first took me to Georgia for Infantry Officer Basic athletically. That kid ran a 9.6 100, threw the shot 62 feet and broad jumped over 23 feet if memory serves correctly. In fact, TA has the thoroughbred dimensions of that Johnson County kid: 6'3" and 225 pounds.

In high school, Napier ran his father's triple option and that fit in perfectly with the Furman option, but he could not square around when they ran a waggle to the left and the ball would sail. TA had the same issue in high school but I like to think his college quarterback coach at MSU can coach him up. TA is obviously a student of the game and very coachable. Seems like a nice kid and I know all the Columbia Falls kids he played against really like him as an individual and respect his talents and work ethic.

I look forward to watching the game within the game; e.g., Troy versus Jed Nagler. Both were good high school athletes but I'm partial to track metrics when evaluating work ethics at the collegiate level, hence my comparisons to other all around athletes.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
From the Day 8 report:

From the Day 7 report:

Ok let's talk about Sneed. You and all the minions continue to say he looks good in "practice". However he's not a good QB. Here are the facts:

At UNLV in 2016 3 QBs played. Palandech was the best % at 49/97 for 51%. Stanton was 50/107 for 47%. The worst of the bunch was Sneed at 39/88 for a whopping 44%. He was the worst QB at a really crappy team that several BSC teams would beat. He ended his awful UNLV span by going 9/23 against Colorado St, and 2/9 against San Jose St before getting (mercifully) benched. That's not good competition to be really crappy.

With a young and inexperienced OL, this spells trouble. He's already not accurate and now he's going to be running for his life most of the time. I fully expected him to get beat out by now, but last I read he's still QB1. That only means your other guys suck too.

UNI is going to blitz the crap out of you guys in every possible direction and it will be a rough game. Coaches working with each other for the first time isn't going to help.

Don't talk to me about QBs and stop foolishly saying he looks good in practice. You guys are awful.

Sneed is a good qb, so your assumption is just plain wrong. You have never seen him in a scrimmage or a practice. It is 2018 now, not 2016. He's improved, a lot. I base this on having seen him play, what he has said in articles, and what UM coaches have said in articles and privately. If Sneed wasn't doing well, Hauck would not be praising him.

He is accurate. He's been accurate in every practice and scrimmage I have attended. Both in the spring and this fall.

Sneed is a good scrambler and runner. At least at this point, I'm not concerned about the UM o-line, unless perhaps injuries occur.

My impression is that he will be good at taking charge and running the team. I was told that he did that in PRP's this summer.

At UNLV, he started more games than other other qb. It was a learning experience. Baptism by fire.

Humphrey has looked good when I have seen him in practice. Both Sneed and Humphrey are probably better than any qb the Cat's have on their roster now, is my guess.

I know you really want him to not be good, but he is. Sorry. You are going to have to live with that.

Feel free to keep ignoring reality and living in your fantasy world.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
From the Day 8 report:

From the Day 7 report:

Sneed is a good qb, so your assumption is just plain wrong. You have never seen him in a scrimmage or a practice. It is 2018 now, not 2016. He's improved, a lot. I base this on having seen him play, what he has said in articles, and what UM coaches have said in articles and privately. If Sneed wasn't doing well, Hauck would not be praising him.

He is accurate. He's been accurate in every practice and scrimmage I have attended. Both in the spring and this fall.

Sneed is a good scrambler and runner. At least at this point, I'm not concerned about the UM o-line, unless perhaps injuries occur.

My impression is that he will be good at taking charge and running the team. I was told that he did that in PRP's this summer.

At UNLV, he started more games than other other qb. It was a learning experience. Baptism by fire.

Humphrey has looked good when I have seen him in practice. Both Sneed and Humphrey are probably better than any qb the Cat's have on their roster now, is my guess.

I know you really want him to not be good, but he is. Sorry. You are going to have to live with that.

He will be benched. Bank it. Humphrey will probably take most of the snaps this year although Wilson may make a push.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ABQCat said:

If I were to compare Troy Andersen to FCS quaterbacks I worked with while they were in high school, I'd compare TA to Billy Napier but a better all around athlete. TA reminds me of a kid I was reading about when Uncle Sugar first took me to Georgia for Infantry Officer Basic athletically. That kid ran a 9.6 100, threw the shot 62 feet and broad jumped over 23 feet if memory serves correctly. In fact, TA has the thoroughbred dimensions of that Johnson County kid: 6'3" and 225 pounds.

In high school, Napier ran his father's triple option and that fit in perfectly with the Furman option, but he could not square around when they ran a waggle to the left and the ball would sail. TA had the same issue in high school but I like to think his college quarterback coach at MSU can coach him up. TA is obviously a student of the game and very coachable. Seems like a nice kid and I know all the Columbia Falls kids he played against really like him as an individual and respect his talents and work ethic.

I look forward to watching the game within the game; e.g., Troy versus Jed Nagler. Both were good high school athletes but I'm partial to track metrics when evaluating work ethics at the collegiate level, hence my comparisons to other all around athletes.
Good post and thank you. I get to see the kid play tonight and I can't wait. I'll give a summary over tomorrow here shortly there after.

ABQCat said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
ABQCat said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Good post and thank you. I get to see the kid play tonight and I can't wait. I'll give a summary over tomorrow here shortly there after.

Right on, friend! Really looking forward to that! :thumb:

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
ABQCat said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
ABQCat said:

:lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
ABQCat said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

:lol: :lol:

Well played! :clap: :clap:

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
From the Day 8 report:

From the Day 7 report:

Those are pretty good points, and personally when I threw the barb out there about Sneed's crappy stats I was mainly countering the dipshits that think it's not possible for TA to be a good D1 QB simply because he wasn't initially recruited to be a QB. From my sources there are actually three QBs competing right now the coaches have said they'd be comfortable with running the show. I believe Choate when he says the QB competition this Fall (This first QB competition they've had since he's been there) has been a good thing and all the QBs have elevated their play. He wouldn't say "We're fortunate right now" unless he felt that way. If he thought we were in trouble at QB he's say something like "They need to improve but the're working hard and I think they will" or something similar.

I'm done arguing about who will have the better QB play in 2018 as we'll see in a couple weeks.

PR, how can you not be worried about the OL? It sucks when departures, injuries seem to hit at the one position you can't afford them. One of the interviews made is sound like the situation was dire.

Damn guys, how is a thread about the Cats, started by a griz fan, by far the most popular thread on egriz right now? 12 pages?! All on something that’s been discussed (argued) to death.
There is a fall camp going on in Missoula too, right?

The bottom line is nobody knows a damn thing right now. Non of the qb’s on either team have taken a snap in a live game for their respective teams.

On paper, the griz qb’s look solid and they have looked good in practice (from what I hear). We’ll see if it pans out that way come game time (it probably will, I’m not suggesting that they’ll fall flat on their face)

The Cats qb’s are a major unknown, they don’t need to come in and be Case Cookus either.
Andersen is just an amazing athlete and will be solid if he wins it. Top qb in the league? Not even close. But he’d run the offense and do well.
We’ll see if one of the other guys outperform and take that job from him. Whoever it is, I don’t think it’ll be a dire situation like some suggest. They’ll be solid.

We’ll know A LOT more in 2,3,4 weeks once both teams have actually played a couple games. Just let it play out and be a fan and enjoy the process.

This thread has turned into 12 pages of my dad would beat up your dad BS.

Catsrgrood said:
Damn guys, how is a thread about the Cats, started by a griz fan, by far the most popular thread on egriz right now? 12 pages?! All on something that’s been discussed (argued) to death.
There is a fall camp going on in Missoula too, right?

The bottom line is nobody knows a damn thing right now. Non of the qb’s on either team have taken a snap in a live game for their respective teams.

On paper, the griz qb’s look solid and they have looked good in practice (from what I hear). We’ll see if it pans out that way come game time (it probably will, I’m not suggesting that they’ll fall flat on their face)

The Cats qb’s are a major unknown, they don’t need to come in and be Case Cookus either.
Andersen is just an amazing athlete and will be solid if he wins it. Top qb in the league? Not even close. But he’d run the offense and do well.
We’ll see if one of the other guys outperform and take that job from him. Whoever it is, I don’t think it’ll be a dire situation like some suggest. They’ll be solid.

We’ll know A LOT more in 2,3,4 weeks once both teams have actually played a couple games. Just let it play out and be a fan and enjoy the process.

This thread has turned into 12 pages of my dad would beat up your dad BS.

I don't agree that nobody knows a damn thing. Some people watch practice. Some talk to coaches. Some talk to parents. Some talk to players. Everything being said is positive. Both on Sneed and depth. A parent of an offensive starter has said that Sneed is better than Jensen and faster.

I agree with most of the rest of your post.

Back