• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

AA football updates

RABIDAWG said:
PeauxRouge said:
So, why can't Hellgate field a team? I am out of the loop here.

Not enough kids coming out, lack of commitment.

I can see that from smaller schools, but AA? That's crazy. I know Hellgate isn't a football school, but it's so weird.

i do love the griz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Any comments on the players from anyone who attended the Billings Senior / Sentinel game at WaGriz last night? Per the Gazette, Nathan Dick was just about perfect passing and running while their top receiver Gabe Sulser was unstoppable. Anyone watch it live?

Both of those players looked good, but also looked better in that game because SHS couldn't seem to tackle and was consistently overcommitting. Dick threw a ton of short routes and screens, so it makes sense that he would have great completion numbers. Senior looked pretty good and SHS looked awful. The o-line for SHS spent the evening just standing straight up and whiffing on blocks. There were also several plays where players were just running around looking confused. There was one play inside their own 25 where the safety from Senior (number 37) came up to the line to blitz and the line was so busy trying to pull to their spot on a roll out that no one even touched the rusher and he drilled Roberts the quarterback before he could get a decent throw off. That play pretty well summed up the night from my perspective.

One bright spot though, is the referee's microphone sounded fantastic and wasn't cutting out. Here's hoping that keeps up all year!

Thank you "I do Love the Griz".

I know both of those kids and hope they have a great year. I guess we will see how good they might be as the season progresses against other competition. :ugeek:

Grizzlies1982 said:
i do love the griz said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Any comments on the players from anyone who attended the Billings Senior / Sentinel game at WaGriz last night? Per the Gazette, Nathan Dick was just about perfect passing and running while their top receiver Gabe Sulser was unstoppable. Anyone watch it live?

Both of those players looked good, but also looked better in that game because SHS couldn't seem to tackle and was consistently overcommitting. Dick threw a ton of short routes and screens, so it makes sense that he would have great completion numbers. Senior looked pretty good and SHS looked awful. The o-line for SHS spent the evening just standing straight up and whiffing on blocks. There were also several plays where players were just running around looking confused. There was one play inside their own 25 where the safety from Senior (number 37) came up to the line to blitz and the line was so busy trying to pull to their spot on a roll out that no one even touched the rusher and he drilled Roberts the quarterback before he could get a decent throw off. That play pretty well summed up the night from my perspective.

One bright spot though, is the referee's microphone sounded fantastic and wasn't cutting out. Here's hoping that keeps up all year!

Thank you "I do Love the Griz".

I know both of those kids and hope they have a great year. I guess we will see how good they might be as the season progresses against other competition. :ugeek:

If you are referring to Dick and Sulser, I'm pretty sure they have already proved how good they are against other competition. Dick was the AA Offensive MVP in 2015 and Sulser has been All-State since he was a freshman. Sorry to nit-pick.

PeauxRouge said:
RABIDAWG said:
PeauxRouge said:
So, why can't Hellgate field a team? I am out of the loop here.

Not enough kids coming out, lack of commitment.

I can see that from smaller schools, but AA? That's crazy. I know Hellgate isn't a football school, but it's so weird.

Most schools are seeing a drop in the number of kids going out for football. Hellgate is magnified due to the culture that has manifested in the program.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
VimSince03 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Butte sports has him with four sacks and three TFLs. He is a fast kid.

Cool. Yeah he is a long kid.

Kinda personal information...

Get that head out of the gutter! Fine. He is a long, athletic kid who has a good launch off the line of scrimmage.

Brian LaFond comes from an athletic family as a whole. His dad (also named Brian) was a tall, starting CB on my team during the 1988 season. The kid can play sports...

Back