• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ABC/FOX broadcast info

getem, I can promise you that as long as its a local TV game, NDSU will be at night. It's not even a question with the university, but TV does have something to do with it.

Also, as Brint indicated, those of you who are complaining about not enough night games, one per season is already more than the NONE per season the first year the lights were installed. That's an improvement. It's funny to have the not enough night games argument now. If you look back on Egriz, since its inception, there was at least four or five "we don't want lights at Wash-Griz" threads per year.

Interesting side note: From the convos I've had with some people inside UM, the local businesses and sponsors have not at all felt threatened by them or raised many concerns to UM over them. Last year, after the App game, downtown was balls to the walls as usual, and places like Paradise Falls and Hooters got overrun with a huge crowd following the game.

For me, coming from Havre, I actually find a Saturday night game much easier on me and my wallet, because I don't stay Friday night. We drive down Saturday morning and only stay Saturday night. I've traveled to so many Griz games the last 13 years that I am pretty burnt out on the two night trips. So the night games are a nice reprieve from that.

The Homecoming game is at 1:30. And Griz-Cat is TBA?!

Via email: "We will be releasing most of our times and TV schedule later this week. I was too quick to tweet. What appeared set has been changed by television. Homecoming is now 1:30 pm and Griz-Cat is TBA. In this day, TV drives most everything...fortunately or unfortunately." --Kent Haslam

oGriz said:

Via email: "We will be releasing most of our times and TV schedule later this week. I was too quick to tweet. What appeared set has been changed by television. Homecoming is now 1:30 pm and Griz-Cat is TBA. In this day, TV drives most everything...fortunately or unfortunately." --Kent Haslam

hmmm interesting. I wonder what time Griz-Cat will kick off? It'd be nice to have a late afternoon game again like two years ago. The roads by then are usually so bad that I think the extra travel time to get to Missoula would be beneficial for fans who are traveling to the game.

get'em_griz said:
oGriz said:

hmmm interesting. I wonder what time Griz-Cat will kick off? It'd be nice to have a late afternoon game again like two years ago. The roads by then are usually so bad that I think the extra travel time to get to Missoula would be beneficial for fans who are traveling to the game.

Root will pick the time, my guess is they're going to give it a bit still to see what other college games are lined up that weekend.

IF you spend that amount of money on lighting, it is only logical that you USE them. At least HALF the games should be at night, just to judge the impact of night games. IF it turns out to be a bust, so be it. It is just conjecture to argue UNLESS YOU TRY.

statler & waldorf said:
IF you spend that amount of money on lighting, it is only logical that you USE them. At least HALF the games should be at night, just to judge the impact of night games. IF it turns out to be a bust, so be it. It is just conjecture to argue UNLESS YOU TRY.

They are being used, as Brint pointed out (repeatedly) above.

And many of us don't want half the games to be at night. Just because you think it should be that way doesn't necessarily make it so. Hell, beyond those places where heat early in the season necessitates night games (e.g. Arizona State, the SEC) most FBS teams don't play more than one or two night games a year. And they've had lights for 8 decades or more.

Unless it is tried, we will never know. One night game a year is not trying. Even YOU might like night games if given the chance. I might not like night games, as I've never been to one in Missoula. On the other hand, it might be a rousing success.

I for one am opposed to night games for one very simple principle, I have enough trouble trying to stay sober enough to remember the 4th quarter of a day game.

Ursa Major said:
I for one am opposed to night games for one very simple principle, I have enough trouble trying to stay sober enough to remember the 4th quarter of a day game.

Preach Brotha!!!

Back