• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ABC Fox MT News story

GGNez said:
UMAlum said:
Thank you GGNez. Im very suspect of anyone representing the extremes … on either side. I think most people tend to drift in one direction or the other and it therefore becomes easy to get folks lathered up. You bring a reasoned approach to our situation that many will not take the time to truly explore. What you are doing really takes some guts.

I appreciate that very much. I've dealt with some difficult reactions today from both ends of the spectrum. I tried, years ago, to state simply that being against bullying and sexual assault while also being an avid Grizzly football supporter were not a conflict. I was quickly shot down. Not much has changed except that I am much more difficult to shoot down now. I'm not interested in pleasing people or being liked. I try very hard to always be kind, patient, accepting, non-judgmental and helpful if possible. But, I no longer seek the reward of appreciation or being liked. I do it because it's the right thing to do. Period. It is total BS to be stereotyped as a Griz fan or Hauck supporter. It's also total BS to be aggresive or abusive in the name of Grizzly football. Seems reasonable. Whoever wants to fight against reason, logic and common decency is welcome to do so. It won't hurt my feelings.
Thanks for your kind words.
Go Griz!

My view, from a far, is that you are smart, a terrific writer, know way more about victims and assault than almost all of the us do (maybe all of us), pretty tough (maybe very tough), and knowledgeable about football, Griz football, and probably Bobby Hauck.

Just a guess. Hope to meet you some day. Ha.

GGNez said:
UMAlum said:
Thank you GGNez. Im very suspect of anyone representing the extremes … on either side. I think most people tend to drift in one direction or the other and it therefore becomes easy to get folks lathered up. You bring a reasoned approach to our situation that many will not take the time to truly explore. What you are doing really takes some guts.

I appreciate that very much. I've dealt with some difficult reactions today from both ends of the spectrum. I tried, years ago, to state simply that being against bullying and sexual assault while also being an avid Grizzly football supporter were not a conflict. I was quickly shot down. Not much has changed except that I am much more difficult to shoot down now. I'm not interested in pleasing people or being liked. I try very hard to always be kind, patient, accepting, non-judgmental and helpful if possible. But, I no longer seek the reward of appreciation or being liked. I do it because it's the right thing to do. Period. It is total BS to be stereotyped as a Griz fan or Hauck supporter. It's also total BS to be aggresive or abusive in the name of Grizzly football. Seems reasonable. Whoever wants to fight against reason, logic and common decency is welcome to do so. It won't hurt my feelings.
Go Griz!
A very grounded perspective on life. Well expressed. I have become a fan.

PlayerRep said:
GGNez said:
UMAlum said:

Go Griz!

My view, from a far, is that you are smart, a terrific writer, know way more about victims and assault than almost all of the us do (maybe all of us), pretty tough (maybe very tough), and knowledgeable about football, Griz football, and probably Bobby Hauck.

I echo what playerrep said. You are more articulate than you know and have a great mindset on perception vs doing the right thing. I am still a young man (30) according to most of you and I have gained a lot about how you went about this.

WaGriz4life said:
PlayerRep said:
GGNez said:
UMAlum said:

Go Griz!

I echo what playerrep said. You are more articulate than you know and have a great mindset on perception vs doing the right thing. I am still a young man (30) according to most of you and I have gained a lot about how you went about this.

If I may speak for Dr. Kemajic, Get off my lawn!

PlayerRep said:
GGNez said:
UMAlum said:

Go Griz!

p/r said it pretty well....happy to have you on the board and being willing to step up....thanks GG for your help on this matter.

So many kind words. Thank you!

In order for any and all efforts to set the record straight about Hauck and to restore the reputation of Griz Nation to be effective, we must all behave in a respectful and classy manner. Does that mean you can't compliment my appearance without being charged with harassment? Fuck no. In fact, I require it anytime I'm quoted. :lol: Does it mean we can't mercilessly make fun of Argh's punctuation dysfunction (broken question mark) Of course not. The banter, disagreements, often hilarious (but not malicious) taunting that is part of talking football is the reason we are all here.

But, falsehoods and slanted viewpoints can ALL be rebutted without making someone feel degraded, threatened or hated. I don't care how many things are misleading or false in the petition against Hauck. It is never ok for a woman to be belittled and made to feel unsafe. Period. Or a man. Our opinions are based on what we know. Her opinions are based on what she knows. The way to get back to being a reason for Missoula to be proud is to correct the misinformation, act with class and put a spotlight on all of the great things that Griz players do for and within the community.

The best way to show support for Bobby is to recognize what he needs from us. Yes, he needs us to cheer on the team. We've got that down. But, just like he needs his players to stay out of trouble, he needs US to stop picking on people who don't support him.

Click on the ABC article again. See my new Facebook profile pic and please make it your own if you agree. Let's make this a movement.

Proactive tweet from Bobby's page so that's good. Things are gonna be just fine, as long as no one gets caught jaywalking.

GGNez said:

In order for any and all efforts to set the record straight about Hauck and to restore the reputation of Griz Nation to be effective, we must all behave in a respectful and classy manner. Does that mean you can't compliment my appearance without being charged with harassment? f*** no. In fact, I require it anytime I'm quoted. :lol: Does it mean we can't mercilessly make fun of Argh's punctuation dysfunction (broken question mark) Of course not. The banter, disagreements, often hilarious (but not malicious) taunting that is part of talking football is the reason we are all here.

But, falsehoods and slanted viewpoints can ALL be rebutted without making someone feel degraded, threatened or hated. I don't care how many things are misleading or false in the petition against Hauck. It is never ok for a woman to be belittled and made to feel unsafe. Period. Or a man. Our opinions are based on what we know. Her opinions are based on what she knows. The way to get back to being a reason for Missoula to be proud is to correct the misinformation, act with class and put a spotlight on all of the great things that Griz players do for and within the community.

The best way to show support for Bobby is to recognize what he needs from us. Yes, he needs us to cheer on the team. We've got that down. But, just like he needs his players to stay out of trouble, he needs US to stop picking on people who don't support him.

Click on the ABC article again. See my new Facebook profile pic and please make it your own if you agree. Let's make this a movement.

Have you thought about running for office? President GGNez, sort of has a nice ring to it. You seem to be what many cannot be or do in this day and age. That is to understand what you support, but also have a keen insight into the "other side". In this day of social media, that is a plus for you IMO.

And I completely agree with you, but you're much more articulate stating it, then I ever could.

signedbewildered said:
Proactive tweet from Bobby's page so that's good. Things are gonna be just fine, as long as no one gets caught jaywalking.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES/status/941444139572326400[/tweet]

ordigger said:
GGNez said:

In order for any and all efforts to set the record straight about Hauck and to restore the reputation of Griz Nation to be effective, we must all behave in a respectful and classy manner. Does that mean you can't compliment my appearance without being charged with harassment? f*** no. In fact, I require it anytime I'm quoted. :lol: Does it mean we can't mercilessly make fun of Argh's punctuation dysfunction (broken question mark) Of course not. The banter, disagreements, often hilarious (but not malicious) taunting that is part of talking football is the reason we are all here.

Have you thought about running for office? President GGNez, sort of has a nice ring to it. You seem to be what many cannot be or do in this day and age. That is to understand what you support, but also have a keen insight into the "other side". In this day of social media, that is a plus for you IMO.

And I completely agree with you, but you're much more articulate stating it, then I ever could.

Thanks Or-diggity. Hmmm....run for office? I won't say one way or another, but it's possible that a skeleton or two might be rattling around in my closet. It's also possible that I may want to shove a few more in there while I'm here. :party: :dance:

Back