• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Advice for Michael Oguine

argh! said:
michael - my advice to you is first and foremost to take school seriously, and get your degree in a field that you love so that your future work life is more likely to be rewarding. having said that, if you want to try the pro basketball route, definitely do so, at least as long as you enjoy it. if the nba doesn't work out but you are good enough for european leagues, living internationally while getting paid to play hoops might make for a super interesting and invaluable experience, and i would think worth considering.

Good advice. The NBA didn't work out for me either. Nor did European basketball, high school basketball, church league basketball or backyard HORSE. But I enjoyed going around Europe on Eurailpass.

citay said:
argh! said:
michael - my advice to you is first and foremost to take school seriously, and get your degree in a field that you love so that your future work life is more likely to be rewarding. having said that, if you want to try the pro basketball route, definitely do so, at least as long as you enjoy it. if the nba doesn't work out but you are good enough for european leagues, living internationally while getting paid to play hoops might make for a super interesting and invaluable experience, and i would think worth considering.

Good advice. The NBA didn't work out for me either. Nor did European basketball, high school basketball, church league basketball or backyard HORSE. But I enjoyed going around Europe on Eurailpass.

Well said and good advice especially the railpass.

Back