• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"...AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY DECISION"-- Highlights from online discussion during the NDSU game

SirGriz

With the yesterday's game being the only Div 1 game televised nationally, it attracted an unusual level of attention on Reddit. I thought you might be curious what "outsiders" thought of the game as it unfolded, so check out these links:

Game-time discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3ivauu/game_thread_ndsu_montana_330pm_et/
Post-game discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3iwc8v/post_game_thread_12_montana_upsets_1_north_dakota/

These were some of the popular comments and some of my favorites. Bear in mind these are all from fans of other college teams, mostly FBS:

GAME THREAD:
Smoke Bowl!

Brent on the call ✅
Crazy offense ✅
Somehow a fan talks into a mic ✅
Welcome back, college football.

"I LOVE THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES AND I COULDNT BE HAPPIER WITH MY DECISION!"
guys......we might have our first running joke of the season
This quote was posted over and over, in reference to this random statement during the game: https://streamable.com/7a54

I love the grizzly on Montana's field. Most teams would go with an angry or intimidating look but not Montana. Instead they went with a quiet, almost haunting wisdom in its face. That bear's got some shit to teach

"HOW ABOUT A HOLDING CALL YOU BLIND PIECE OF SHIT!"
...in reference to another unwanted comment caught by the microphones during the game: https://vine.co/v/eIeTeEOAzWb

Musberger sounds like he's narrating D-Day.
I love Brent.

POST-GAME:
Guys, we just watched something that was fucking special. We had ridiculous fan chants and comments. We had Brent making weird comments. We had a down to the wire upset. And most importantly we just had a damn entertaining fucking football game. This was college football, distilled down into its purest form and it's only the start of the season

Best opening week game since Baylor-TCU in 2011. Holy shit.

Those are some funny threads! Thanks! BTW, I LOVE THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY DECISION.

I liked these a lot:

God damn that Montana Stadium is beautiful.
-Minnesota fan

There better be another Montana game on ESPN this year
- Miami fan

Goddamn that was a fucking amazing game.
Nevada fan

Thanks ESPN for giving us a damn good game to showcase how much fun the FCS can be. Really enjoying this one.
A&M fan

that midfield logo is so sexy
Baylor fan

This may have already been discussed, but can we talk about how badass that giant Grizzly Bear is painted at midfield?

Never imagined it would be, but seeing a game at Montana is now on my bucket list. Looks awesome.
GA Tech fan

I WAS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN A FUCKING FCS GAME WHAT IS THIS?
Byu fan

What great fucking game and an amazing start to the season! Congrats, Montana!!
Auburn fan

Somebody in Bozeman needs to go ahead and monetize "I love the Montana Grizzlies and I couldn't be happier with my decision." Cram that shit on a maroon t-shirt.

Montana cheerleaders. +1
Miami fan

That mountain is so cool. I want one.

So Montana has some fine coeds.......I would not have expected that of Montana and I apologize for my prior ignorance
Clemson fan

They should have more FCS games on ESPN This is exciting
Miami fan

All I know is I love Montana fans as of today
Alabama fan

The University of Montana: America's Team.
GATech, UNC fan

Holy fuck that catch! I think I just grizzed myself
Auburn fan

Their stadium is so. damn. cool.
A&M fan

The noise from these Montana fans is impressive.
LSU fan

Bob Stitt coaches like a teenager playing Madden and I love it.
Nebraska fan

Holy shit this is insane!!!
Oregon fan

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST BEST GAME EVER
Cal fan

Holy shit that was a fantastic game.
Ohio St fan

THE REST OF THE SEASON HAS A LOT TO COMPETE WITH
Miami fan

And there's still thousands of posts left to review. I'd say it was a good, good day for the MONTANA GRIZZLY program!!!

Thanks for posting this as it's providing a very entertaining read! My not previously mentioned favorite so far:

49 points, failed hook and ladder, two fourth down conversion attempts, a two point conversion, a kicker tackle, and a self-completed pass.

In the first half.

I need more beer.

I read this someplace: "We might have just seen the best game we will see all year and it's only week 1."

I was wondering who the genius was the packed the front row in front of the camera man with the coeds! that was a great move for the tv!

EverettGriz said:
I liked these a lot:

-Minnesota fan

- Miami fan

Goddamn that was a fucking amazing game.
Nevada fan

Thanks ESPN for giving us a damn good game to showcase how much fun the FCS can be. Really enjoying this one.
A&M fan

Baylor fan

This may have already been discussed, but can we talk about how badass that giant Grizzly Bear is painted at midfield?

Never imagined it would be, but seeing a game at Montana is now on my bucket list. Looks awesome.
GA Tech fan

I WAS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN A FUCKING FCS GAME WHAT IS THIS?
Byu fan

What great fucking game and an amazing start to the season! Congrats, Montana!!
Auburn fan

Somebody in Bozeman needs to go ahead and monetize "I love the Montana Grizzlies and I couldn't be happier with my decision." Cram that shit on a maroon t-shirt.

Montana cheerleaders. +1
Miami fan

So Montana has some fine coeds.......I would not have expected that of Montana and I apologize for my prior ignorance
Clemson fan

Miami fan

Alabama fan

GATech, UNC fan

Holy fuck that catch! I think I just grizzed myself
Auburn fan

A&M fan

LSU fan

Nebraska fan

Oregon fan

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST BEST GAME EVER
Cal fan

Ohio St fan

Miami fan

And there's still thousands of posts left to review. I'd say it was a good, good day for the MONTANA GRIZZLY program!!!

Great info! Thanks Everett! And it was great meeting you Friday nite!

I love this one

"I love the grizzly on Montana's field. Most teams would go with an angry or intimidating look but not Montana. Instead they went with a quiet, almost haunting wisdom in its face. That bear's got some shit to teach"

Than the very next comment....Montana Griz dont flex much because montana griz know he got it...hahahah

for you old guys thats in a rap song.

MTfan4life said:
Thanks for posting this as it's providing a very entertaining read! My not previously mentioned favorite so far:
49 points, failed hook and ladder, two fourth down conversion attempts, a two point conversion, a kicker tackle, and a self-completed pass.

In the first half.

I need more beer.
:thumb: I'm with you on the comment ... which a lot of us shared at the time.

IdaGriz01 said:
MTfan4life said:

In the first half.

I need more beer.
:thumb: I'm with you on the comment ... which a lot of us shared at the time.
We almost ran out of jello shots. Had we known it was gonna be that high scoring we never would have been so liberal with our field goal policy on taking hello shots.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
I liked these a lot:

-Minnesota fan

- Miami fan

Goddamn that was a f***[*] amazing game.
Nevada fan

A&M fan

Baylor fan

GA Tech fan

I WAS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN A f***[*] FCS GAME WHAT IS THIS?
Byu fan

What great f***[*] game and an amazing start to the season! Congrats, Montana!!
Auburn fan

Montana cheerleaders. +1
Miami fan

Clemson fan

Miami fan

Alabama fan

GATech, UNC fan

Holy f*** that catch! I think I just grizzed myself
Auburn fan

A&M fan

LSU fan

Nebraska fan

Oregon fan

JESUS f***[*] CHRIST BEST GAME EVER
Cal fan

Ohio St fan

Miami fan

Great info! Thanks Everett! And it was great meeting you Friday nite!

Everett, Your post made my day!

:thumb:

Thanks EverettGriz for posting those. That is really just fabulous. I don't think I can ever recall a football season, anywhere, that started like this, being the first and only game for that Saturday, everyone watching, a first time quarterback and first time coach on our own personal movie set, the underdog playing out a script that had the climactic final score just two seconds before the end of the game.

Oh wait, it was real! It almost doesn't seem like it.

grizcountry420 said:
EverettGriz said:
I liked these a lot:

-Minnesota fan

- Miami fan

Nevada fan

A&M fan

Baylor fan

GA Tech fan

Byu fan

Auburn fan

Montana cheerleaders. +1
Miami fan

Clemson fan

Miami fan

Alabama fan

GATech, UNC fan

Auburn fan

A&M fan

LSU fan

Nebraska fan

Oregon fan

Cal fan

Ohio St fan

Miami fan

I concur, Everett's post made my day too. I was wondering what other fans may have thought about the game and WA GRIZ stadium...very cool to hear such glowing remarks on all fronts!

Potential recruits must be begging to come to Montana now... :thumb: :clap:

WAaggieFan said:
The game time atmosphere in Missoula is impressive and intimidating. I'm soooooooo gawdamn glad we will lose in Bozeman instead of Missoula this year.
Ron Ash - cat fan

:clap: :lol: Also

Dalton Daum once again rebuffing Ron Ash said:
I LOVE THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY DECISION.

IntuitiveGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
EverettGriz said:
I liked these a lot:

-Minnesota fan

- Miami fan

Nevada fan

A&M fan

Baylor fan

GA Tech fan

Byu fan

Auburn fan

Montana cheerleaders. +1
Miami fan

Clemson fan

Miami fan

Alabama fan

GATech, UNC fan

Auburn fan

A&M fan

LSU fan

Nebraska fan

Oregon fan

Cal fan

Ohio St fan

Miami fan

I concur, Everett's post made my day too. I was wondering what other fans may have thought about the game and WA GRIZ stadium...very cool to hear such glowing remarks on all fronts!

Potential recruits must be begging to come to Montana now... :thumb: :clap:

funny you say that. A recruit from, I believe Washington was there with his dad on the field, just taking a normal recruiting trip. After that game he verballed on the spot!!

Back