• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Any updates on Elise Ontiveros?

DoubleNicks

Took quite the shot straight to the face today when she turned right into the PSU catcher trying to gun down a stolen base attempt. Was supposedly unconscious for quite a while and eventually taken away by ambulance. Only update they had on the stream was that she was awake and moving/talking. Prayers to her and her family.

I haven't heard anything. I only saw it on the feed. The Griz were shook up after that. Not the same team after game 2 on Saturday and the first inning on Sunday. Understandable.

Took quite the shot straight to the face today when she turned right into the PSU catcher trying to gun down a stolen base attempt. Was supposedly unconscious for quite a while and eventually taken away by ambulance. Only update they had on the stream was that she was awake and moving/talking. Prayers to her and her family.
I'm going to the Griz Academic/Athlete Banquet/Awards event tonight. I usually get seated with Coach Mel and the Softball team because of a scholarship obligation I have. I'll see what Mel is willing to tell me. I suspect HIPPA will limit her sharing.
I will add that this was a very disturbing thing to witness. And from the reaction of coaches, trainers, teammates, you knew what a serious injury this was. Terrible for this to happen at any time, but even more so with Elise's family present to witness it on Senior Day. And, to add insult to injury, Elise was called out (correctly) for batter interference.

Last edited:
I'm going to the Griz Academic/Athlete Banquet/Awards event tonight. I usually get seated with Coach Mel and the Softball team because of a scholarship obligation I have. I'll see what Mel is willing to tell me. I suspect HIPPA will limit her sharing.
I will add that this was a very disturbing thing to witness. And from the reaction of coaches, trainers, teammates, you knew what a serious injury this was. Terrible for this to happen at any time, but even more so with Elise's family present to witness it on Senior Day. And, to add insult to injury, Elise was called out (correctly) for batter interference.
Talked to Coach Mel. Elise is doing pretty well. She was never hospitalized, just checked out and released. No vision damage. May need some facial surgery. As Mel said: "she's tough".

PRAISE YHWH (Hallelujah)!!!!!! Much Mahalo Abba Father for Your Power in Prayer!!! Also, thankful you created such a tough woman in Elise!

Back