• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Anyone else lose some respect for NDSU?

Man1 said:
Herd said:
I was surprised with the late score also, but there was 2 minutes remaining. It wasn't complete take a knee time . . . and it wasn't like they threw a bomb to run up the score. Bruce Anderson, coming off an injury was in, and the kid is damn good. Maybe should have run a FB in the zero hole . . . but I didn't expect it to go for a score.

Not NDSU's MO by any means. If you look at NDSU in the 4th over the last 5 years, you'd see a major dail down by the offense.

You don't need to apologize to anyone.

The fact you feel you have to is something that irritates me about Bison fans, they are the most insecure fan base in college football. You would think after winning 5 national championships they would learn how to be the king, but they still feel the need to tell you about it after every game.
NDSU will not win it all this season, get ready for the excuses.

This is joke, right. No other fan forum in the nation, besides Bisonville and AGS, has more threads about the Bison than egriz. I have been on here quite a bit this fall to read about the train wreck going on in Missoula, and the Bison faithful rarely interject until a thread starts discussing the dominance of NDSU. Insecure? Not sure where that comes from.

Man1 said:

Who's gonna beat 'em? Oh, wait, we're not supposed to discuss the Thunder Zone Bisons because their fans want us to express our awe silently.

Igotgoodsources said:
Ahead 31 with 1:57 left and you don't take a knee? You've won 5 straight National Championships......act like it.

Probably not as much respect everyone has lost for us since we stopped fielding quality football teams

HelenaHandBasket said:
Anyone else going to act like a pussy?
This. Holy shit people. This is football, tackle football. Not fucking powder puff flag football.

It is the defense's job to stop the offense. If they can't do so, touchdowns happen.

Man1 said:
Herd said:
I was surprised with the late score also, but there was 2 minutes remaining. It wasn't complete take a knee time . . . and it wasn't like they threw a bomb to run up the score. Bruce Anderson, coming off an injury was in, and the kid is damn good. Maybe should have run a FB in the zero hole . . . but I didn't expect it to go for a score.

Not NDSU's MO by any means. If you look at NDSU in the 4th over the last 5 years, you'd see a major dail down by the offense.

You don't need to apologize to anyone.

The fact you feel you have to is something that irritates me about Bison fans, they are the most insecure fan base in college football. You would think after winning 5 national championships they would learn how to be the king, but they still feel the need to tell you about it after every game.
This is a surprise post coming from the one person who has the biggest Bison Boner ever.

Fahque said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Anyone else going to act like a pussy?
This. Holy shit people. This is football, tackle football. Not f***[*] powder puff flag football.

It is the defense's job to stop the offense. If they can't do so, touchdowns happen.
I agree with you,

If a first string San Diego defense, with some of the best stats in the fcs this year can't stop an entire back up offense, what the heck?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I believe NDSU will 6-Peat! Absolutely unheard of in any sport, I am pulling for them. I want NDSU and EW in the NC! I also want to send a shout out to the NDSU fans, you are class! Those from NDSU that read this know who you are!

No. Beat the teams you are supposed to beat. This is playoff football. No one seems to complain when the GRIZ run up the score on inferior opponents. If you're not ok with getting your @ss handed to you every now and then, don't play sports!

Igotgoodsources said:
I guess some have more reapect to the game and for their oponent. Maybe it is just a generation thing.

Sounds like you are from the generation of participation ribbons and not keeping score.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Igotgoodsources said:
I guess some have more reapect to the game and for their oponent. Maybe it is just a generation thing.

Sounds like you are from the generation of participation ribbons and not keeping score.

Respect the game. Every sport had its un-written rules. What did you accomplish by scoring that TD? Nothing at all. Take a knee and don't embarass the under matched team you just destroyed anymore.

Igotgoodsources said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Igotgoodsources said:

Respect the game. Every sport had its un-written rules. What did you accomplish by scoring that TD? Nothing at all. Take a knee and don't embarass the under matched team you just destroyed anymore.

I guess they should have thrown in a white towel. My personal opinion is that it's more embarrassing to an opponent to have that towel thrown in on their behalf and have teams play like you're trying to let your 6 year old win.

Igotgoodsources said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Igotgoodsources said:

I'ts not generational, see the little blurb about the 1940 NFL championship game. If I am playing I don't want a runner to go down just because I am getting beat. To me that's more embarrassing and a slap in the face.

Dec. 8, 1940: This result must have been as surprising to observers as it was humbling for the Redskins. Washington had the better record -- 9-2 to 8-3 -- and had defeated Chicago 7-3 in a defensive struggle three weeks earlier.

But in the rematch, with the championship at stake, it turned out to be the most lopsided game the NFL has ever seen. The visiting Bears got on the board in the opening minute with Bill Osmanski romping around the right end for a 68-yard touchdown run.

On the next series, Washington quarterback Sammy Baugh appeared to connect with Charlie Malone for a 35-yard touchdown pass, but Malone dropped the ball, and the Redskins missed a subsequent field goal attempt.

After scoring two more rushing touchdowns in the first quarter, the Bears had no intention of pumping the brakes. Chicago racked up 45 of its points in the second half, and the ninth touchdown came on a double reverse when rookie Harry Clarke scored on a 44-yard run.

Asked after the game if the outcome would've been different had Malone not dropped that first-quarter pass, Baugh is said to have quipped, "Sure, it would've been 73-7."

A sampling of the carnage from our pick for the most stunning blowout in sports history:

• The game had to be completed using practice balls after the Bears kicked all the game balls into the grandstands on extra points.

• Washington had nine turnovers. Chicago had one.

• The Bears' defense intercepted more passes (eight) than their offense completed (seven).

• Chicago scored four times in the passing game -- one touchdown pass and three interception returns.

• Seven Chicago players attempted an extra point. Six succeeded.

• Chicago outgained Washington 519-231.

Igotgoodsources said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Igotgoodsources said:

2nd and 3rd stringers should just take a knee or maybe they should just not play at all?? :roll:

I have no problem with 2nd or 3rd teamers playing until the final whistle. :clap:

Latest posts

Back