• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Apparently NBA center Dwight Howard worked out "with" the Griz today

Htowngriz said:
Ursus1 said:
Wouldn't take a photo with the college athletes who the weight room is for? Real classy......
Once a prima donna douche, always a prima donna douche...

NBA man, not to stereotype but this is par for the course for these guys. They have been fawned on since the age of 7 and dont have a grasp on reality, to be sure there are exceptions but by and large...

I went to the Kroenke Sports Gala here in Denver a few years ago, this is a required event for players on Stan Kroenke's teams here in Colorado and is a big fundraising event to benefit children in the state. In attendance were the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rapids (MLS Soccer), and Colorado Mammoth (Pro Lacrosse). Legitimate NHL stars like Matt Duchene, Nathan McKinnon and Jerome Igilnia could not have been nicer and were having real conversations with fans, and not just the busty blonde ones. Meanwhile, the NBA guys all sat down and the poker tables (fake mind you, no money on the line) and talked to nobody, I even witnessed a guy ask Kenneth Faried for an autograph and he got a "Bro can't you see I'm in a game, no." response. Classy stuff guys, way to give back to the folks who paid a few hundred bucks for a ticket to the CHARITY event.

Had Dwight opted to attend Dartmouth instead of taking the NBA route, we would know how good he was. [emoji6]

These guys need to be reminded of the eternal verities. No matter how athletic they are, there's not a forty pound monkey in the bush that couldn't kick their ass, so if what they've got is an example of human worth, well then step aside and give it to the chimp. As long as we pay people more for moving their asses than we do for using their brains, this is what we get.

Don't quit your day jobs, pinheads. I'm so rich I have my personal assistant(s) go to Albertson's for me to pick up my Preparation H, which is both best in space and takes one to the house. So to speak.

The_Real_Chief said:
Ran into him at Stocks on Tuesday for Beerpong...He wasn't very good at it

Figured someone would kick his butt while he was in town. Way to go Chief!

Ursus1 said:
So WHO was it that gave him access to the room ?

Your AD. Proof he will kiss anyone's ass for a potential donation. Maybe the Washington's donations are shrinking as their return on investment continues to shrink. Desperate times at my alma mater?

GoldenEagle said:
Ursus1 said:

Your AD. Proof he will kiss anyone's ass for a potential donation. Maybe the Washington's donations are shrinking as their return on investment continues to shrink. Desperate times at my alma mater?

HaHaHa!!! This guy..

:lol:

GoldenEagle said:
Ursus1 said:

Speaking of donations, how's the Gateway Drug Project or whatever it's called going? Maybe Call-in Cowturd can send a few bucks to buy another set of metal high-school bleachers?

jodcon said:
GoldenEagle said:
Ursus1 said:

Speaking of donations, how's the Gateway Drug Project or whatever it's called going? Maybe Call-in Cowturd can send a few bucks to buy another set of metal high-school bleachers?

Shouldn't you and other griz faithful be busy waxing the Washington Family yacht?

GoldenEagle said:
Shouldn't you and other griz faithful be busy waxing the Washington Family yacht?

Shouldn't you be begging Roos for another donation?

Honest question. Michael Roos donated $500,000 to have the red carpet installed. Looking back, would you rather have had his $500,000 go towards kick starting the Gateway Project, or are you satisfied with the red carpet? It really doesn't add much to the stadium, doesn't bring in extra revenue at all and has to replaced in about 2 years anyway.

get'em_griz said:
GoldenEagle said:

Shouldn't you be begging Roos for another donation?

Honest question. Michael Roos donated $500,000 to have the red carpet installed. Looking back, would you rather have had his $500,000 go towards kick starting the Gateway Project, or are you satisfied with the red carpet? It really doesn't add much to the stadium, doesn't bring in extra revenue at all and has to replaced in about 2 years anyway.

Community College problems...

GoldenEagle said:
jodcon said:
GoldenEagle said:
Ursus1 said:

No time, we're too busy building Champion Centers and such.

Back