• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Appreciation

Congrats on moving back home, BornGriz. I do have a few questions regarding fandom, however..... how long were you in Fargo? Sounds like you watched a few NDSU football games in person. Apparently, you missed quite a few home games (regular season and playoffs) .....a few come to mind....Georgia Southern game in 2012, the UNI game in '13, et al........I was in attendance at the Dome during these games and they were "wild"......when you mention the "wildness" of WaGriz, are you referring to the drunken debauchery of the tailgate or the crazy "wildness" of the fandom during games ? Man, it does get loud in the Dome as Griz fans will soon find out.

Hey Laker thanks. What I was talking about isn't which program has the louder game or anything like that. I have been to both stadiums at their prime and there really isn't too much difference is fan rabidness. What I was talking about is Wa-Griz represents something more than having a good game experience. It is just a small part of being able to live in one of the most beautiful spots in the entire world. Montanans interact with their surroundings differently than North Dakotans do, or at least that's what I concluded. You don't get to go to a wilderness in an hour in North Dakota where it's just you and the spirits of the few people who got there before you. You don't get to fly fish some of the best trout streams in the entire world in North Dakota, some of which run right by Wa-Griz.

That type of interaction with your surroundings has an affect on how you experience life, even the way you see a football game. That is what North Dakota was missing during my time there. North Dakota is definitely a special place for me because of the people, and the FargoDome is also the best stadium in the FCS outside of Wa-Griz, because of the people. But Wa-Griz is special for me not just because of the people, but because of the country it sits in.

Or maybe I'm completely full of crap. :lol: Either way I can't wait to come back and see a few old friends this fall. I miss the restaurants downtown Fargo and it's only getting better.

mtgrizrule said:
Silvertip said:
mtgrizrule said:
OrgonGriz said:
Glad you were able to get back and hope it's what you are looking for. For us when we did it, it was not the same sadly. I remember MT as a young kid and early 20's. It was fun getting back in to WA Griz and seeing a game.

I live in Corvallis and enjoy going to the Beav games! I think for the most part it's pretty exciting and a fun atmosphere.

Best of luck!!

Spokane is where I am at now. Still working on getting back to Kalispell or Missoula (preferably).
Hey, I really want to get down to Corvallis for some basketball games, now that Tinkle is coaching OSU. How about it sometime? Who knows, maybe I can line up some good tickets through Wayne there.

Missoula, Denver, Omaha, Spokane :?: Sounds like you're in witness protection program...

Not quite, but that is not a bad idea. :thumb:

Own a home in the Denver area. That will be a tie for me there until the market picks up again for sellers.?!?! Omaha, what can I say, "I got suckered into moving for a woman." I'm sure you can figure out rest of the story on that. On the bright side it took that for me to realize how damn much I miss this region for many reasons.

Huhh? you've been away from Denver waaay too long...the city has become a Grade AAA sellers market; very very low inventory of homes for sale with multiple offers and many selling for more than the asking price. The average number of days on the market for all homes is 29...

mtgrizrule said:
Collegiately, I have only been in one area that even compared to GRIZ NATION, but on a larger scale nationally. That is Nebraska football.

Larger is right. It's so they stay on the ground in tornados.

As someone who watched the Griz at Dornblazer and WGS went it first open, the atmosphere today is unbelievable. The App state game from last year was beautiful and mind blowing for someone like me. That is why I was a little disappointed in some elements of Griz Nation for the play-off game. I know it was cold but you should still rock up and cheer, not saying it would have changed the outcome but a packed house is better than 2/3 full. Looking forward to getting down there for a couple of games this fall/ three if I can get a Cat/Griz ticket. Can't wait, it's a cathedral to some of us, not a stadium. GO GRIZ

Silvertip said:
mtgrizrule said:
Silvertip said:
mtgrizrule said:
Spokane is where I am at now. Still working on getting back to Kalispell or Missoula (preferably).
Hey, I really want to get down to Corvallis for some basketball games, now that Tinkle is coaching OSU. How about it sometime? Who knows, maybe I can line up some good tickets through Wayne there.

Missoula, Denver, Omaha, Spokane :?: Sounds like you're in witness protection program...

Not quite, but that is not a bad idea. :thumb:

Own a home in the Denver area. That will be a tie for me there until the market picks up again for sellers.?!?! Omaha, what can I say, "I got suckered into moving for a woman." I'm sure you can figure out rest of the story on that. On the bright side it took that for me to realize how damn much I miss this region for many reasons.

Huhh? you've been away from Denver waaay too long...the city has become a Grade AAA sellers market; very very low inventory of homes for sale with multiple offers and many selling for more than the asking price. The average number of days on the market for all homes is 29...

I bought the house about 18 months before property values went down due to the economy. I'm renting the home until the value gets back to where I can sell it for profit. Sure, I could sell it now to get rid of the commitment, but the going property value is still well below what I got the home for. I hope that makes more sense now.

Love your avatar......on top of Montana......was there in 1984, my old stompin' grounds - sure do miss the Beartooth, best country (and highest ) in the state ! :thumb:

yellowstone60 said:
Love your avatar......on top of Montana......was there in 1984, my old stompin' grounds - sure do miss the Beartooth, best country (and highest ) in the state ! :thumb:

Thanks dude! I play in the tooths quite a bit and can't believe I get to do it on a regular basis. My only complaint is it's taking me a lot longer to figure out how to catch the fish in those lakes. Granite was on my bucket list to solo without any gear. Finally got it done last August and I consider it my greatest climbing accomplishment thus far. Now I have to show my wife how to get there. Bummer. :lol:

Hammer said:
Awesome post!! :clap: I think too many of us who have the privilege of enjoying every Griz home game have gotten spoiled and take it for granted. I know I do. Coming from a guy who hasn't missed a home game since 2004 (due to conflicts with sons HS football games) I can't even imagine being away from Wa Griz for a Griz game. We can bitch about Mo, kiss cam, virtual sandwich eating contests all we want, all it does is show how spoiled we have become as a fanbase. We have a pretty special thing going here, we should bitch less and appreciate it more.

This X 1000.

When those of you who have the opportunity to attend every home game in Wa/Griz start bitching and complaining about those things, those of us who would KILL to be able to be there start thinking about what a bunch of spoiled, whiney brats ya'll have become. Despite living in Phoenix (for 20 years) and now San Antoino, I've had the good fortune of being able to get back to several games at Wa/Griz, especially in the past 6-8 years. ALWAYS an awesome time....and I'm never disappointed. I agree...ya'll should bitch less and appreciate it more. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back