• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Armchairs...Unite and make your call!

PhxGriz said:
Get rid of our D Coordinator. When you hear scout after scout say Tripp was used incorrectly, enough said.
We didnt have a choice on how to use tripp. Tripp had to cover up edges. Had to check coverage and often was given double assignments. If our d was as experienced as it will be this year and next we could have used Tripp better. Tripp played beyond a normal LB but his stats suffered because of it.

At this point this year, I see a 2-3 loss season. Honestly we should not lose at home. On the road Wyoming, eastern, ndsu will be tough to win. I don't actually see either ewu or who happening. I feel that we may get tripped up along the way as well in a game. Could be ndsu but I think we will beat ndsu actually. Overall if I had a guess , 3 losses is realistic.

Our offense we have a great QB, RB trio+, blocking and hr wideouts and grey blocking fb. This season will hinge on our running game on the edge. If we can get d ends off balance and outside lbs to bite on playfakes and te seams. We will have a killer offense. But we could end up one dimensional.

Our d is a big ?. If our line, which is our asset can be relied on to have consistent pressure, it will allow our young lbs and mid par cbs to focus on one assignment. Which will work awesome if we need to blitz consistent to get in the backfield our linebackers and corners will be eatin alive. Ewu still will eat us alive. I feel like we match us extremely well with ndsu tho.

S.teams is a blessing and flaw. Great punter helps us stay in close games and let's our d have extra room to bend. Our kicker issues however put pressure on our offense to score points. But Jordy and the team scored plenty last year.

Once again I see 3 losses. A nice chance to make noise in the post season and this team to really gel together. I can't wait to see this offense. Remember everyone this d will be up and down...they will make mistakes, do not expect perfection. It's a great time to be a griz. Btw we will beat msu by atleast 21.

mtgrizfankb said:
PhxGriz said:
Get rid of our D Coordinator. When you hear scout after scout say Tripp was used incorrectly, enough said.
We didnt have a choice on how to use tripp. Tripp had to cover up edges. Had to check coverage and often was given double assignments. If our d was as experienced as it will be this year and next we could have used Tripp better. Tripp played beyond a normal LB but his stats suffered because of it.

Good input, thank you.

PhxGriz said:
It did not require scouts to see that.

mtgrizfankb said:
PhxGriz said:

kemajic said:

I don't read every post on every subject, but did anyone post their opinions at the time that this was happening? If you have connections to the coaching staff, did you offer your observations and opinions(I'm sure they get lots of unsolicited advice)?

statler & waldorf said:
mtgrizfankb said:
PhxGriz said:

kemajic said:

I don't read every post on every subject, but did anyone post their opinions at the time that this was happening? If you have connections to the coaching staff, did you offer your observations and opinions(I'm sure they get lots of unsolicited advice)?

Did you listen to the commentator for the Coastal game? He pretty much said he didn't understand why we kept doing the same thing over and over on D. Do you think unsolicited advice would be accepted if they won't even change an in game strategy?

PhxGriz said:
statler & waldorf said:
mtgrizfankb said:
PhxGriz said:

kemajic said:

Did you listen to the commentator for the Coastal game? He pretty much said he didn't understand why we kept doing the same thing over and over on D. Do you think unsolicited advice would be accepted if they won't even change an in game strategy?

I know myself and a few others have questioned Ty's pass defense the last 2 seasons during each season. It is hard for me to be critical of him at DC though, because I was on his bandwagon when the GRIZ hired him as DC. I want him to succeed at DC. For me, this is his make or break year as DC. With the exception of Justin Green, this is a make or break year for most the staff.

If we make as much improvement from last season to this season as we did from 2012 to 2013, this should be a great year. My expectation, providing JJ stays healthy, is the final 8 in the playoffs. Worse than that, I will want changes.

I really cannot add much more as for the 3 changes, but will back the following changes this season. (1) A mean nasty tough ass attitude from the team overall, especially the OL.
(2) Better player utilization with our playmakers, including removal of the reigns on JJ. (3) Improved place kicking.

I just touched on changes based on what we have, not what we wish he had for coaches. If it were about coaching changes, I agree with Hauck at HC, Breske at DC, and Pflu at OC. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back