• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Assistant Coaches

Ursus1 said:
George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
Guys who will help keep some of the current players and recruits. Guys who know what it takes to beat state. Guys who know how to recruit Montana kids. Guys who have been in big games for the Griz and have won.

Well if they knew how to beat state then why the f*** didn’t they TELL somebody???

PREACH AZ, PREACH BROTHER

I will say an assistant (not a coordinator) speaking at last summer's Montana coaches clinic regarding special teams alluded that Stitt did not give adequate time etc. to this area to do what was needed for max success......so perhaps some assistants had ideas but were not listened to or allowed to have real input on what went down. Interesting at the time....and with so many special team inadequacies the last two years was probably a very true observation.

I’ve heard so many conflicting stories there’s no WAY they can call be true. From “Stitt didn’t give adequate time” to “the players rarely saw Stitt at practice”....either way, these former Montana player position coaches that spend HOURS with their players could have transferred some of that magic knowledge that might have helped on the field, on the sidelines, and on the fuckin scoreboard.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:
George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well if they knew how to beat state then why the f*** didn’t they TELL somebody???

I will say an assistant (not a coordinator) speaking at last summer's Montana coaches clinic regarding special teams alluded that Stitt did not give adequate time etc. to this area to do what was needed for max success......so perhaps some assistants had ideas but were not listened to or allowed to have real input on what went down. Interesting at the time....and with so many special team inadequacies the last two years was probably a very true observation.

I’ve heard so many conflicting stories there’s no WAY they can call be true. From “Stitt didn’t give adequate time” to “the players rarely saw Stitt at practice”....either way, these former Montana player position coaches that spend HOURS with their players could have transferred some of that magic knowledge that might have helped on the field, on the sidelines, and on the f***[*] scoreboard.

Agree....just pointing out what was said and that was red flag for me. Personally I hope Green Germer to stay on (Shann perhaps, he has some good things to bring to the table recruiting, tradition and knowledge I am just not sure if he can "coach" (so have no strong opinion either way) others I think easily could be replaced by a new coach. If it is Bobby (not as sure as others it will be him) I think if he puts a "band" together they will all be very solid.

Say its Bobby...
Lets have some fun and make up a staff.

This is what I have so far...
Head Coach : Bobby Hauck

OC/ TEs: Brent Pease????
QBs: Andrew Selle??? (usually OC has QBs...)
RBs: Justin Green
WRs: Mike Ferriter
Oline: Chad Germer

DC/DL: Kraig Paulson
LBs: Travis Niekamp
CBs: Tim Hauck (I know... longshot)
S: Shann Schillinger

Special Teams Coordinator: Bobby Hauck
Recruiting Coordinator: Justin Green
Strength & Conditioning Coach : Rhett Brooks

Trying to think of who all comes in to "bring the band back together"

Heard whispers of Timm Rosenbach for OC. Would like Tim Hauck for DC but that's a longshot as he's with an nfl team.

HookedonGriz said:
Heard whispers of Timm Rosenbach for OC. Would like Tim Hauck for DC but that's a longshot as he's with an nfl team.

I assume Rosenbauch. I assume Tim will come back to be DC. He would have 3 years ago.

George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizfan95 said:
So...the good ol' boys club?

Guys who will help keep some of the current players and recruits. Guys who know what it takes to beat state. Guys who know how to recruit Montana kids. Guys who have been in big games for the Griz and have won.

Players have told me that Stitt was on a power trip, and didn't allow those young guys to contribute what they could have. Green and Germer contributed big time and held the team together. I don't know. Just what I was told by seniors. Again, I liked Stitt.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I assume Rosenbauch. I assume Tim will come back to be DC. He would have 3 years ago.
So:

OC/ QBs: Timm Rosenbach
TEs: ????

DC/CBs: Tim Hauck
DL: ??????

Does Tim leave a Super Bowl Contender though??

PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:

Players have told me that Stitt was on a power trip, and didn't allow those young guys to contribute what they could have. Green and Germer contributed big time and held the team together. I don't know. Just what I was told by seniors. Again, I liked Stitt.

Sure fits in with what what I posted happened at the MCA clinic regarding a young assist who spoke on a lot of really good stuff on special team play, but it sure wasn't utilized. And it sure as Hell wasn't Niekamp speaking

RedHawk said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

So:

If is was Bobby...he is far too wise to keep Niekamp.

AZGrizFan said:
MTGRZ said:
grizfan95 said:
MTGRZ said:
Ferriter, Selle, Green, Shillinger....Hope they stay.

So...the good ol' boys club?

Because what it takes and how are different. You’re assuming they told nobody. You know that isn’t the case. That nobody just didn’t have ears.

RedHawk said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

So:

Isn’t Rosenbach the head coach at Adams State? I think it’s unlikely he leaves a head gig at DII to be OC here. If Hauck is hired (still a big if) I think giving Selle a shot at OC would be good. That way the offense can do some of what was successful last year plus blend in some more power schemes.

I think on defense he should stay far away from Paulson as a DC. Did not like his defense calling. Maybe pull a position coach from the SD state staff they’ve had a really good defense last two years. Tim Hauck would be a good pickup for DC as well because I’m sure he knows a lot of schemes by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Isn’t Rosenbach the head coach at Adams State? I think it’s unlikely he leaves a head gig at DII to be OC here.
Here's his three year record there. How much longer do you think he will be there?

’15 3-8 lost bad to CO Mines
’16 2-8 lost bad to CO Mines
’17 4-7 lost bad to CO Mines

Maybe he needs another three years until he gets his guys. Or maybe he'd be a better OC than HC....

kemajic said:
dayday said:
Isn’t Rosenbach the head coach at Adams State? I think it’s unlikely he leaves a head gig at DII to be OC here.
Here's his three year record there. How much longer do you think he will be there?

Maybe he needs another three years until he gets his guys. Or maybe he'd be a better OC than HC....

Hoping he's a better OC for sure

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
dayday said:

What is it about his performance as HC that would give anyone ANY confidence that he'd make a good OC? Is that record stacked with quality losses? Does he spot every team 21 points to start?

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
dayday said:

What is it about his performance as HC that would give anyone ANY confidence that he'd make a good OC? Is that record stacked with quality losses? Does he spot every team 21 points to start?

Doesn't matter. If they are from Montana, they are excellent, if they are former players of Bobby's, they are excellent, and if Bobby picks them, they are excellent.

Record schmecord...

I will have no more of your questioning these things!

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Can someone please refresh my memory of Timm Rosenbach’s tenure here? I seem to recall some posters being all pissed off. Like he was pflu’s OC but for only a weekend or some shit? In and out in a very short time?

garizzalies said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Can someone please refresh my memory of Timm Rosenbach’s tenure here? I seem to recall some posters being all pissed off. Like he was pflu’s OC but for only a weekend or some shit? In and out in a very short time?

He was supposed to be Pflu’s OC after Jonathan Smith left for Boise. Then Pflu got fired so he was our OC for one year under Delaney a 5-6 year when Jordy was suspended then Hauck hired him to UNLV to be the OC to replace Phenice. I believe since then he got the head job at Adams State (Adams State has been terrible). He would be an okay OC he does run a version of the spread but he’s not that exciting to me as a hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursus1 said:
PlayerRep said:
George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:

Sure fits in with what what I posted happened at the MCA clinic regarding a young assist who spoke on a lot of really good stuff on special team play, but it sure wasn't utilized. And it sure as Hell wasn't Niekamp speaking

This is what I was told after the ISU game by someone close to the Schye family. T's father stated that Stitt couldn't identify him in a police lineup...that Stitt was far removed from players and especially those on defense. To have the father of your #37 say that the head coach doesn't even know what you look like says a lot about the "culture" that was created.

So I would think the main reason for the three coach's who were kept on is for them to hold the team together and to continue reaching out the the new recruits. I would think that if the new head coach came in with an entirely different lineup of assistants they would all be gone.

I really don't see that happening but I feel the three coaches are to keep the ship afloat.

Latest posts

Back