• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Be sure to check out

JDoub said:
jodcon said:
I believe Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater and Carroll might be kicking our ass in winning % also. Damn.

NDSU has 5 FCS National Championships in 8 years of competing in the FCS. (and 10 more in lower divisions)

UM has 2 FCS National Championships in 37 years of competing in the FCS.

bizon pizza is just better than grizzly bear pizza, no matter what size you order.

Yeah they are on a hell of a run, we get that and appreciate what they've done....now is there a point that relates to the Cats somehow or are you just here to be a douche until you're banned?

SaskGriz: Wait a minute! Division 1 has 2 divisions: FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision, formerly 1A), and FCS (Football Championship Subdivision, formerly 1AA). We are Div 1 FCS, along with the rest of the Big Sky Conf. Division II schools are smaller, such as Central Washington University. Division III schools, smaller yet, and no scholarships. NAIA schools are somewhat similar in size to Division III, but being a different system, do have scholarships, and my opinion is they are a bit more competitive in athletics.

jodcon said:
JDoub said:
jodcon said:
I believe Mount Union, Wisconsin-Whitewater and Carroll might be kicking our ass in winning % also. Damn.

NDSU has 5 FCS National Championships in 8 years of competing in the FCS. (and 10 more in lower divisions)

UM has 2 FCS National Championships in 37 years of competing in the FCS.

bizon pizza is just better than grizzly bear pizza, no matter what size you order.

Yeah they are on a hell of a run, we get that and appreciate what they've done....now is there a point that relates to the Cats somehow or are you just here to be a douche until you're banned?
Pssst . . . the cats celebrate NAIA ties as National Championships.

RABIDAWG said:
SaskGriz: Wait a minute! Division 1 has 2 divisions: FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision, formerly 1A), and FCS (Football Championship Subdivision, formerly 1AA). We are Div 1 FCS, along with the rest of the Big Sky Conf. Division II schools are smaller, such as Central Washington University. Division III schools, smaller yet, and no scholarships. NAIA schools are somewhat similar in size to Division III, but being a different system, do have scholarships, and my opinion is they are a bit more competitive in athletics.

RABIDAWG: I get how the NCAA names their divisions, I was just trying lamely to make two points. First NDSU hasn't competed in our division for 30 years, it's only been 12. And second the NCAA nomenclature is silly because two first Divisions where one has more scholarships and money, means the divisions are clearly not equal. It's like having two wives and calling them Wife 1 and Wife 1A, this just doesn't work, unless you are in Provo. As to the NCAA's designation of the NAIA, I agree they are A1 compared Div III which is often MIA, but neither compare to NWA when they were Comin' Straight Out of Compton.

Raider said:
The University of Montana Grizzlies. Champions of attendance, mascots and message board traffic.

Actual football.....well.............

.....Nailed........It......

you should only count wins when the numbers look good for the Griz... if you say things like team x was not at the same classification, you can't then argue to count head to head wins win you beat lower classification(small pizza teams)

got it- we shall all proceed with that understanding

Latest posts

Back