• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best News I've heard all year

I don't think anyone is NOT going to games because we don't have a fancy court logo or Maroon-colored bleachers. I would venture nearly half the GAA/season ticket holders seats are empty at most games and thusly the actually attendees are forced to sit behind dozens of empty seats and we wonder why we don't have the intimidating home-court we once did. Missoula use to be one of THE most intimidating places in all of D1. Seriously! There are over 350 D1 basketball schools now and with no chance to host the Big Sky tourney now and not even hosting Weber last year, and (the apathetic) students gone for half the b-ball season, I don't think any $ is gonna fix the problem. You gotta start with the football team. If they don't attend games (which they don't anymore), the crowd will be lame, period!

Zirg said:
I don't think anyone is NOT going to games because we don't have a fancy court logo or Maroon-colored bleachers. I would venture nearly half the GAA/season ticket holders seats are empty at most games and thusly the actually attendees are forced to sit behind dozens of empty seats and we wonder why we don't have the intimidating home-court we once did. Missoula use to be one of THE most intimidating places in all of D1. Seriously! There are over 350 D1 basketball schools now and with no chance to host the Big Sky tourney now and not even hosting Weber last year, and (the apathetic) students gone for half the b-ball season, I don't think any $ is gonna fix the problem. You gotta start with the football team. If they don't attend games (which they don't anymore), the crowd will be lame, period!

I dunno, I've seen football players at every game I have attended this year. The problem is the marketing. The people I know that go to the games love basketball and love this team, but that only goes so far. You need to get the average Griz fan to attend.

Back