• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best Playoff game you've ever seen in WA-Griz?

Weber 2008.

Montana came out firing on all cylinders and just flat out pasted a team that had beaten them earlier in the year. CB went, what, 22-26 for 289 and 3, and super-soph Chase rushed for 199 and 4. Toss in an 89 yard kick off return by Marc and the Griz led 35-3 at half, on the way to rolling Weebs 61-6 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated. Man, that was some serious Griz domination!

EverettGriz said:
Weber 2008.

Montana came out firing on all cylinders and just flat out pasted a team that had beaten them earlier in the year. CB went, what, 22-26 for 289 and 3, and super-soph Chase rushed for 199 and 4. Toss in an 89 yard kick off return by Marc and the Griz led 35-3 at half, on the way to rolling Weebs 61-6 in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicated. Man, that was some serious Griz domination!

I like the way you think!

UMass two years ago. What an atmosphere, I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

163-14 (45-0) (48-0) (70-14) in 1995

MAC Griz said:
If I remember, the 94 game in the snow was against MacNeese. Great game...field goal to win in the driving snow...place went nuts.

On the flip side, the most heart breaking, but great game, was the 49-48 (I think that was the score) against the Chickens from the northeast.

But the best overall had to be the three in 1995, outscored the three opponents something like 156-14.

Can't wait to add another great win to the list.

I think the Umass game! Was an amazing game. so much intesity. so much spirit.....so loud....it was cold and just"MONTANA" so to say.........if we had anyone other at QB i feel that we would have won.

EverettGriz said:
Weber 2008.

Sounds good to me!

1993 Delaware 49, Griz 48: Sure, every Griz fan's heart was shattered. But this game still lives on in 1-AA playoff lore. I consider myself lucky to have been there.

This was my first game I saw of the Griz and it was awesome even though it was colder than crap out there and only 12,000 fans it was great!! Wish the Griz would have won that day but it was still a great game to watch!! This what made me into a Montana fan for life!!

Also the revenge game with Sam Houston State was awesome!! I took my dad to that one and we loved every minute of it!!

The one i'm just leaving Great Falls to watch at Griz stadium against Weber. We are gonna kick some cat ass 3 weeks in a row! Be loud, be proud!!!!!!!

Downwiththefoe said:
Am I the only one who thinks tomorrows game could be epic?

I just have this feeling, maybe it's just anxiety on my part, but I think for the Griz to win, which I totally expect, this is just going to be an awesome performance.

I really believe the game will just be a monster and potentially could be a top-10 type Griz moment.

Go Griz!

I hear ya, this game is so friggin HUGE.

It's all about REDEMTION!!

Gonna be a wild ride today I think!

GO GRIZ!!

The 95 game against Geogia Southern was my favorite-those guys dismantled us in 89 and the Eagles were a powerhouse in Div I-AA. We beat them 45-0 those guys slid all over the place and our receivers just made one cut and they fell down. I miss watching that-the sprint turf really does not help our team against Southern opponents.

1994 McNeese game in the snow. The really interesting thing about this one was that with 2mins left in the game and with McNeese ahead and driving for another score.... a lot of "Griz" fans headed for the gates assured we were going to lose. Even my Dad wanted to leave early due to frustration. I told him no way in hell I was leaving until the end, because anything can happen....and "anything" did happen! It was magic. :D :D

Revenge playoff game vs. SHSU a couple years back. Best game I've ever attended, hands down.

Zootown Rox said:
The quarterfinal in '94 - I forget who the opponent was, but it was completely snow covered field and someone had plowed the snow in the grassy north endzone into the words "Just One More". We were down with little time left and our final drive for the go ahead field goal was awesome. It was an incredibly fast drive with a lateral play (hook and ladder) that got us like 30 yards. That was a great game, freezing with my dad and the other 15,000 fans and cheering our lungs out as Dave Dickensen led us into the semis.

It was McNeese ST. That was an amazing game, but Dickinson was out with an injury and Burt Willburger had a great game at QB.

I would have to say, the Wofford game! I wonder why? Yall have the greatest fans. I wish you all the best. You can beat JUM, but you must stop Landers. He is absolutly incredible. Go GRIZ!

smarsh said:
druhag said:
Zootown Rox said:
The quarterfinal in '94 - I forget who the opponent was, but it was completely snow covered field and someone had plowed the snow in the grassy north endzone into the words "Just One More". We were down with little time left and our final drive for the go ahead field goal was awesome. It was an incredibly fast drive with a lateral play (hook and ladder) that got us like 30 yards. That was a great game, freezing with my dad and the other 15,000 fans and cheering our lungs out as Dave Dickensen led us into the semis.
I think dave had gotten hurt earlier in the game. I don't think it was him that led the game winning drive. Also, I think it was a fumlbe and gurnsey picked it up and ran it for the gain. Not a hook and ladder. But I could be wrong, I was in Highschool then.

this is the correct version. i remember gurns advertently fumbling forward and out of bounds to stop the clock. jay turner made an incredible stop against McTeam to get us the ball back. i asked him about it later, and he said he "just guessed" and dove into a gap. great guy, great play. bert wilberger was the best backup qb in the history of I-AA......

You'll have to pardon me not remembering who was in at QB, I was 9 at the time ;)

Griz vs UNH
First night game made WaGriz really buzz.

Griz vs Appy
Overtime, WOW

Griz vs Weber
Revenge, priceless

In no particular order:

2000 - Semifinal win over App State
- "The Catch" ... "and the Grizzlies are going to Chatanooga!:

2004 - Semifinal win over Sam Houst
- retribution for an ass-kicking earlier in the year; Tuff's coming out party

2004 - Quarterfinal win over New Hampshire
- ESPN rated at 108 decibels, loudest I have ever heard the stadium

2006 - Seminfinal loss to UMASS
- most electric atmosphere game I have ever attended, night game, ESPN 2!
- if Lex was healthy we win this game...

smarsh said:
bert wilberger was the best backup qb in the history of I-AA......
You have a very selective memory. In the next game, the semi at Youngstown St. he could not have been worse. He had all day behind that outstanding OL and could not hit the broad side of a barn. I was there freezing in the rain watching that show. DD would have chopped them to pieces. Brandon Niell was a better candidate for the best backup. He should have been used more when Edwards was misfiring.

Back