• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Billings Metra pulling out all the stops for BSC

get'em_griz

DONOR
10983317_10153064443771072_6158197497024065450_n.jpg

18800_10153064444206072_5161580766640211502_n.jpg

If a neutral court is what truly happens, then I hope that Billings wins the bid.

Way to go Billings!!!! That looks damn impressive. I'd like to see more of what Billings is doing to get the bid.

About how many does the Metra sit?

Good for Metra. I hope they get it -- although I really would prefer that the Big Sky continue with the current format of the regular season champ hosting the tourney.

mtgrizrule said:
Way to go Billings!!!! That looks damn impressive. I'd like to see more of what Billings is doing to get the bid.

About how many does the Metra sit?

Looks like the Metra holds about 12,000 people.

I would go every year if it was both Men and Women tourney every time. That would be a very fun 3-4 days

What kind of attendance do you think the tournament would get in Billings, especially if UM or MSU was out on the first day? MSU Billings draws a couple hundred people for their games, and Billings hosted the conference tournament for MSUB's conference and attendance in the Championship was 500 people. Of course that was D-II, but do most people in Billings differentiate between D-II and Big Sky Conference teams like Sac State and Southern Utah?

Do you think Billings in March is a tourist draw so people will go for reasons in addition to basketball? Is Billings willing to stop hosting the AA basketball tournament to host this tournament?

SWeberCat02 said:
Mousegriz said:
Seats 10,500 for basketball and up to 12,000 fro in the round concert seating.
Well, that will work, considering a maximum of about 1,000 would attend. :oops:

That's the number of people who will attend no matter where it's held.

With the number of MSU and UM alumni that live in the area I think it would be well attended,however, as you pointed out...I have no idea if people would show up to watch a EWU - SAC championship game but I don't think it would be any worse than Missoula

Grizbeer said:
What kind of attendance do you think the tournament would get in Billings, especially if UM or MSU was out on the first day? MSU Billings draws a couple hundred people for their games, and Billings hosted the conference tournament for MSUB's conference and attendance in the Championship was 500 people. Of course that was D-II, but do most people in Billings differentiate between D-II and Big Sky Conference teams like Sac State and Southern Utah?

Do you think Billings in March is a tourist draw so people will go for reasons in addition to basketball? Is Billings willing to stop hosting the AA basketball tournament to host this tournament?

I am curious what all of you that are familiar with the area realistically think attendance would be like for this thing in Billings. Would there be 5,000 on hand for games that the Griz or Cats are involved in? That is really what this boils down to I think. How many Montana and Montana St. fans are going to buy tickets.

As for me, Billings is just an 8 hour drive, so if North Dakota were to ever get the #1 seed, I would probably make the trip in hopes of seeing my favorite squad make the dance, but likely only under that circumstance. The destination is after all Billings, MT. I can't ever see myself in September saying I need to start making travel plans so I can whoop it up Billings for a weekend next spring.

bincitysioux said:
Grizbeer said:

I am curious what all of you that are familiar with the area realistically think attendance would be like for this thing in Billings. Would there be 5,000 on hand for games that the Griz or Cats are involved in? That is really what this boils down to I think. How many Montana and Montana St. fans are going to buy tickets.

As for me, Billings is just an 8 hour drive, so if North Dakota were to ever get the #1 seed, I would probably make the trip in hopes of seeing my favorite squad make the dance, but likely only under that circumstance. The destination is after all Billings, MT. I can't ever see myself in September saying I need to start making travel plans so I can whoop it up Billings for a weekend next spring.

If I could make the travel and work arrangements, I'd go over to the tournament. I have some good friends in Billings, so I would welcome taking in basketball and hanging with good friends. :thumb:

Grizbeer said:

Exactly why I would like to see Reno get it, if they are going to change the format. Atleast then if your team losses, there is still fun to be had.

PeauxRouge said:
AllWeatherFan said:
So the Metra made a big sign?

Hey now. I believe that would be called a banner. And a couple of them.

Haha! :lol: :thumb: The metra wouldn't be impartial. It would be um/msu. After Reno, I would vote Spokane mainly because there isn't many dedicated ewu fans. They are the model of bandwagon.

EverettGriz said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Mousegriz said:
Seats 10,500 for basketball and up to 12,000 fro in the round concert seating.
Well, that will work, considering a maximum of about 1,000 would attend. :oops:

That's the number of people who will attend no matter where it's held.
Yep, unless it's in Ogden and Weber makes it to the final. Personally, I'd travel to Reno but not Billings or Spokane.

Inland NW Griz said:
Grizbeer said:

Exactly why I would like to see Reno get it, if they are going to change the format. Atleast then if your team losses, there is still fun to be had.

I agree with you Inland NW Griz, and I have traveled to Spokane and Ogden to watch the Hornets......Billings in March is not that inviting....

Back