• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bottom Line

I expect a focused group will show up in Cheney next week after yesterday's disaster, even then we're not going to be able to stall in the red zone and settle for 3 (or less) if we hope to win, because they are going to score plenty.

HelenaHandBasket said:
reinell30 said:
Making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs are two entirely different things. I wish Griz Nation would stop being satisfied with just making the playoffs. If we play another game like yesterday's game, Griz will not succeed. Another one and done is totally unacceptable!

It has actually been two and done. And I don't think people are just satisfied with making the playoffs, but you have to get into the playoffs to have any chance, even a small chance.

Helena, great point. Thanks for posting that. I would add too that even if every Griz fan was "just satisfied" with making the playoffs, which isn't true to begin with, it still would have no baring on the outcome of how the team feels about the playoffs, or how they actually do in the playoffs. To this day I've never met a Griz football player who was "just satisfied" with making the playoffs.

Really 8-3?
I see the Griz being 9-2
NAU has the best O line that the Griz will see in the regular season.
EWU has nowhere as good of O line as NAU
The EWU QB will get hit hard and often next week.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
bigkid said:
It's funny how people think we will go 8-3 and make the playoffs but what about 7-4? Montana will probably struggle against ewu and unless ewu has a off day Montana will probably lose. Hope not but that looks like a reasonable assumption. We have the upper hand against isu because we are at home but northern Colorado will be no push over. They have the same conference record and beat nau in flagstaff. We play them on the road. Toss-up seems likely. We can probably get by msu but only because we are home and their young quarterbacks will struggle with the atmosphere.
7-4 is a real possibility especially with what we saw yesterday. We really need to turn this pattern around and muster up a miracle in Cheney. We have yet to beat a good football team......

If the Griz lose to anyone in addition to EWU down the stretch, including a BAD UNC team, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.
Agree; I'm not looking forward to seeing this team in the playoffs anyhow. Without significant improvement, they would be embarrassed by any teams that can throw the ball and put a little pressure on our QB.

Getting into the playoffs is one thing, being able to compete for a NC is another.

Just wait until coach Stitt get the athletes he wants, and this offense will still not be able to compete for a NC.

If and that is a strong IF, the Griz lose to EWU, making the playoffs is just for show and money to the NCAA.

Back