• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brian Fish

SACCAT66 said:
kyle_sample said:
citay said:
Let me state first off, I am not a Cat hater. My best buds from high school, both "brains" with high IQ's and off-the-chart test scores, went to Montana State. And while we retain a rivalry, it's always friendly, never hateful. As my Dad once told me, "Hate will eat you up." So what I'm about to say is not to roil our rivalry or ruffle feathers.

Which is, I think Brian Fish is in a lot of trouble at Montana State. I think he gets one more year to turn it around, and that's all. And given the talent we have returning, there is no chance he beats us next year.

But more important, Fish has failed on two key recruits, Brendan Howard and Mack Anderson. Howard is Montana State legacy, brother Bobby played for the Cats, while his Mom played for their women's team. Instead he signed with Eastern Washington, which could come back to haunt us as well. And of course, Mack Anderson was a star at Bozeman High, and a guy the Cats critically wanted and needed. In fact, the Howard/Anderson duo may have been as important to Montana State as Ray Howard and Zip Rhoades were for us back in the day. That's how much those signings might have meant to the Cats, had Fish closed the deal. That he didn't indicates to me that there is something afoul in that program.

I agree 100 percent with you on Anderson. But talking to Big Sky assistants, Howard is not a D1 player. Montana never wanted him and MSU was never that high on him either. A lot, and I mean a lot, of people were surprised when EWU stuck with him and gave him a scholarship

We will see how Anderson turns out. He needs to improve a LOT to become a D-I starter....IMHO

I agree Mack has some weight training to do. He needs to grow into his frame as far as coordination and strength. I think he will get there for sure if he has the dedication and there is no reason that I have heard of that would indicate that he won't have that dedication. I think the coaching staff will have a ton to teach him regarding technical skills. Overall though compared to most kids in the BSC that come in as freshman of his size I think he is ahead of the curve.

Latest posts

Back