• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BS refs

Y'all get prepared...

Vegas hosts WAC, PAC, & mountain west the same weekend the BS is in Reno...

Anyone want to take bets on who the BS gets for refs?

You guessed it... the ones you can't train to quit pissing on the living room floor.

helenaumfan said:
Ursa, Rorie got the T because he stared down the defender after he made the basket, and got the and one.

Thank You!! Glad the refs had higher tolerance in my Parochial School League playing days. Especially games against those dirty rotten little bastards from Holy Family.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Now the one and only were officiated game of the year makes sense.

At NAU... I wondered where these refs came from... now we know the PAC-12 refs did not have a game in Tempe so they drove up to NAU.

Kind of makes me laugh, because fans of Pac12 schools complain about officials just like fans of BSC teams.

Trust me they have no clue as to how good they have it.

Ursa Major said:
helenaumfan said:
Ursa, Rorie got the T because he stared down the defender after he made the basket, and got the and one.

Thank You!! Glad the refs had higher tolerance in my Parochial School League playing days. Especially games against those dirty rotten little bastards from Holy Family.

Sadly enough...
Church league= brutal

I was watching Xavier and Marquette earlier and that was the worst officiated game I've seen in ages...not including BSC. I think 5 technical fouls called, some doubles, for just stupid crap. Even the announcers were asking wtf? So wondering if it's just how it is now sometimes

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Just did some reading about this, and yes they were added in. They also try to send officials that are near the area of the game... so yes same crappy BS refs under a different name.

That would seem to mean that the BSC really doesn't have another resource for officials, and definitely not a source to better. No reason to keep biatching about it.

So I guess we need to just wait another 20 years? And pray they get better.

It's called training. If you can train a dog to not piss in the living room, I would think you could train these clowns to officiate a good game.

Or, you could coach these kids and focus on discipline and foot work. Virginia Tech does that and it is the least fouling team in the East and that is some street basket ball where you can win by playing smart but it has to be ingrained.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
Now the one and only were officiated game of the year makes sense.

At NAU... I wondered where these refs came from... now we know the PAC-12 refs did not have a game in Tempe so they drove up to NAU.

Kind of makes me laugh, because fans of Pac12 schools complain about officials just like fans of BSC teams.

Trust me they have no clue as to how good they have it.
PAC12 football officials are infamous...

Paytonlives said:
Ursa Major said:
helenaumfan said:

Sadly enough...
Church league= brutal
I played in a church league in Phoenix once that had Dan Majerle's brother and college buddies on their team. Told them they should maybe think about a tougher league when they beat our team by about 50. Bunch of sandbaggers. I played C ball in Power and was the most experienced on my team.

PhxGriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Ursa Major said:
helenaumfan said:

Sadly enough...
Church league= brutal
I played in a church league in Phoenix once that had Dan Majerle's brother and college buddies on their team. Told them they should maybe think about a tougher league when they beat our team by about 50. Bunch of sandbaggers. I played C ball in Power and was the most experienced on my team.

Sounds like you need to recruit some ringers!

The officiating for the Sac State and Portland State games at Dahlberg were the worse back to back officiated games I've ever seen at Dahlberg. That is saying a lot, considering how inconsistent officiating has been in the conference.

The crap they called was absolutely ridiculous. Players seemingly could not breathe without hearing a whistle. Yet, they could not blow the whistle for obvious walks and players charging into the lane with their head down, out of control. I could tell, both DeCuire and Gevin were both very upset at the officiating. Both had to hold back what they were really thinking of the officiating. My credit to both coaches, how they held back to not get thrown out of that game was amazing. I guarantee, I would have been tossed from that game.

Something has to be done about the terrible officiating in this league.

mtgrizrule said:
The officiating for the Sac State and Portland State games at Dahlberg were the worse back to back officiated games I've ever seen at Dahlberg. That is saying a lot, considering how inconsistent officiating has been in the conference.

The crap they called was absolutely ridiculous. Players seemingly could not breathe without hearing a whistle. Yet, they could not blow the whistle for obvious walks and players charging into the lane with their head down, out of control. I could tell, both DeCuire and Gevin were both very upset at the officiating. Both had to hold back what they were really thinking of the officiating. My credit to both coaches, how they held back to not get thrown out of that game was amazing. I guarantee, I would have been tossed from that game.

Something has to be done about the terrible officiating in this league.

I am afraid that the solution was to get ref's from the pool they joined. Were screwed.
Would love to see the grades the ref's got.

Why should the league hire qualified officials when they have 5 teams with RPIs above 320? Doing so could take away some bonus money from a league fat cat.

Remember people: it's not about the quality of the product or the fan experience in the bsc. That might cost a few bucks, and they're too busy spending that on finding ways to bring Southeast North Corner Finishing School into the conference.

This conference is a joke.

Latest posts

Back