• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Basketball Tonight

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
noco had a fine team. But you'll notice Zirg makes no mention of that; he simply states they have no business being in the bsc. And he's 100% correct. They had no business getting invited in the first place, and even less now that we have 1.7 billion other directional colleges on board.

Meh, what am I saying? Let''s be honest: the actual team who doesn't belong in this shit conference is the GRIZ. Let the directionals battle on while the GRIZ go to the MWC where they belong. As Big Bird used to sing, "One of these things is not like the other".

Why are you so arrogant?

Hmmm, am I arrogant, or rather just bluntly honest? Can you -- using facts and comparisons -- legitimately argue my point? Montana IS different from the other programs in the bsc, and far more like the schools in the MWC. My apologies if the truth hurts your feelings.

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:
noco had a fine team. But you'll notice Zirg makes no mention of that; he simply states they have no business being in the bsc. And he's 100% correct. They had no business getting invited in the first place, and even less now that we have 1.7 billion other directional colleges on board.

Meh, what am I saying? Let''s be honest: the actual team who doesn't belong in this shit conference is the GRIZ. Let the directionals battle on while the GRIZ go to the MWC where they belong. As Big Bird used to sing, "One of these things is not like the other".

Why are you so arrogant?

Hmmm, am I arrogant, or rather just bluntly honest? Can you -- using facts and comparisons -- legitimately argue my point? Montana IS different from the other programs in the bsc, and far more like the schools in the MWC. My apologies if the truth hurts your feelings.

As much as you hate MSU...I would argue that they also belong IF a move up happens. Football program is at about the same level as the Griz (griz facilities are better)Basketball program CATS are way behind, but every other sport is even, or the Cats are Better (we won overall title 2-3 years in a row now). CATS have a healthier Academic program than UM (this is not up for debate) and both schools draw over +18000 a game for football....For the record, I think a move up right now would be a HUGE mistake by either school. Waite untill the power 5 leave, and join a great west type conference...Just my opinion

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

Why are you so arrogant?

The MWC teams are all in the MWC conference and Montana isn't. Big difference. That's the truth!

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

Why are you so arrogant?

As much as you hate MSU...I would argue that they also belong IF a move up happens. Football program is at about the same level as the Griz (griz facilities are better)Basketball program CATS are way behind, but every other sport is even, or the Cats are Better (we won overall title 2-3 years in a row now). CATS have a healthier Academic program than UM (this is not up for debate) and both schools draw over +18000 a game for football....For the record, I think a move up right now would be a HUGE mistake by either school. Waite untill the power 5 leave, and join a great west type conference...Just my opinion

Tough to argue, Sac. The one notable difference, I would say, is that UM is ahead of MSU right now in facilities. Not just football, but overall. Also, MSU would likely need to add at least soccer and softball (although both programs would probably need to add baseball).

Mousegriz said:
EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

Why are you so arrogant?

The MWC teams are all in the MWC conference and Montana isn't. Big difference. That's the truth!

During college, I lived in a shitty apartment. I worked hard and now I have a beautiful home.

Point is, things change for the good if you push for it.

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
Why are you so arrogant?

Tough to argue, Sac. The one notable difference, I would say, is that UM is ahead of MSU right now in facilities. Not just football, but overall. Also, MSU would likely need to add at least soccer and softball (although both programs would probably need to add baseball).

Agree completely with facilities. Plans are in the works, but it won't be a thing for at least 3-4 years.

CIT Final tonight. NoColo leads UIC at halftime, 35-26. Was closer than that until the Bears made a run (something they do). Game on CBS sports.

The CBI Championship (last of a best-of-three) is also on, and at halftime. North Texas leads USF, 38-27. That's on ESPNU.

On top of that, the women's NCAA Final Four semi-final games are on tonight (all 1-seeds in the final four). Right now, Mississippi State leads Louisville at the half, 31-30. Showing on ESPN2. Second game follows.

cmtgrizzly said:
Now 3 point lead woth 2:30 to go
Yep, the Bears had to sweat it out, but finally pulled out the win, 76-71. "First post-season (basketball) championship for the Big Sky." Is that right?

USF is hanging within about 7 against North Texas, but can't seem to close the gap.

Some egrizers can speak disparagingly about UNC all they want - but they won a championship in admittedly a low tier tournament while nobody in the BSC hierarchy got so much as a faint whiff of one. Deal with it - and congrats Bears... ;)

Silvertip said:
Some egrizers can speak disparagingly about UNC all they want - but they won a championship in admittedly a low tier tournament while nobody in the BSC hierarchy got so much as a faint whiff of one. Deal with it - and congrats Bears... ;)

:clap:

Back