• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cafe Rio

polsongrizz said:
Skip it, as anyone who has ever eaten "great" Mexican food then you know that this is not one of them. As far as in Missoula there isn't any decent Mexican food period.
agreed......there is no authentic mex in msla.

CDAGRIZ said:
I took a native of San Diego (which I think might as well be Mexico) to Taco del Sol on Higgins a while back and he actually thought it held its own. That said, he's more of a surfer who gets "amped about a bomb-ass carnitas spread," so who knows . . .

Dunno. I have been going to Mexico for years and just recently tried the Taco Del Sol in Hamilton. Gotta say, even if it was Cod it was a pretty good "fish taco" for Montana. Same as Mexico? Certainly not but the best I've tried up here. May try 2nd Street Sushi (Hamilton) next, heard good reviews.

Htowngriz said:
polsongrizz said:
Skip it, as anyone who has ever eaten "great" Mexican food then you know that this is not one of them. As far as in Missoula there isn't any decent Mexican food period.

Hey, if not having our state overrun by drug cartels means we only have mediocre Mexican food, then so be it.

BTW, give Karmadillos or Emilianos a try next time you're in Helena. :thumb:
I like drug cartels...
:thumb:

Hammer said:
polsongrizz said:
Hammer said:
polsongrizz said:

Man you are a finicky old F@#K!!!!! :thumb:

Yes I have had great Mexican food. Its called Taco Johns!
I am and I have earned it. :D I used to be stationed in Southern Ca and Az. I have lived in New Mexico. I have also gone to cooking school in Puebla Mx. I have a good idea of decent Mexican food. We don't have any. If you have actually eaten the real thing you would know exactly what I mean. Hell just take a trip to Tri-Cities or Moses Lake. :thumb:

I used to love those Swanson Mexican tv dinners when I was a kid LOL!!!!
Lol. I used to eat those before every football or basketball game in high school growing up in Manhattan. I think the gas they caused helped me run faster.

Back