• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can the Griz run the table?

rocklobster said:
They WILL run the table and secure a 12 or 13 seed!
Griz at 28-5...could even challenge for an 11 seed. Probably wouldn't get it, but it's worth a shot! :thumb:

Actually, they would be considered 26-5, since NCAA only counts D1 games. So, 11 seed is most likely out of reach.

grizband said:
rocklobster said:
They WILL run the table and secure a 12 or 13 seed!
Griz at 28-5...could even challenge for an 11 seed. Probably wouldn't get it, but it's worth a shot! :thumb:

Actually, they would be considered 26-5, since NCAA only counts D1 games. So, 11 seed is most likely out of reach.
Most likely ... but not totally, out of reach. If the Griz achieved a 28-5 (26-5, D-I) record by running the table, they would most likely move into the high-60s or low-70s ranking in RPI. Over the last 5-8 years, I see several cases where a 26-win team with a solid RPI ranking did indeed attain a #11 seed. Again, probably but not totally out of reach.

I certainly think they can but many , many, lower ranked teams are beating higher ranked teams, on the road, this week. examples St Johns beating Nova, A&M beating Auburn, Marq beating Seton Hall and in mid-majors Lehigh beating Bucknell (patriot conf)----the Feb. wall is affecting teams and to go undefeated in conf is very rare, hope like hell the Griz can keep stepping up, especially at home. No let down with PSU! A win at the Zoo would make their season, anyone know have they ever won in Missoula??

mporter said:
rainbear14 said:
No let down with PSU! A win at the Zoo would make their season, anyone know have they ever won in Missoula??

I think we may have won in 2007.

Yeah I remember a game when I was in middle school where PSU absolutely blew the Griz out. Something like 110-67 or that type of game. Actually very similar to the UND game earlier in the season.

mporter, thanks for reminder, now I know why I forgot that debacle! So what is up with North? Do you know if he is on traveling squad, or is he gone for good? I personally hope he is playing , as I enjoy his offensive game and would like you guys to be at 100% for better ball game, plus the fact I enjoy Moorehead guarding the best scorer on opposing team, Any clues?

The answer to the question "Can they" is clearly yes. The answer to the question "Will they" is that it is certainly possible.

I think last weekend may have been the most critical of the season. It proved that the Griz can score from every position on the floor, forcing opponents to adopt a pick your poison strategy.

While offense can be fickle, defense can be consistently played every night. This team has been very very consistent defensively and I don't see that changing. That consistent defense mentality seems to have spilled over to the offensive execution as well.

If the Griz continue to maintain that consistency it is going to take a Herculean effort by anyone in the BSC to beat them. Idaho and Weber have the talent, but I don't know if they have the confidence. Everyone else will have to have not only their game of the year, but also a subpar effort by the Griz in order to win.

...going to use the "run the table" clique...
...tonight is the green 6 ball corner pocket...
...get shape on the green stripe 14 for sat. night...

... :cool: ...

rainbear14 said:
mporter, thanks for reminder, now I know why I forgot that debacle! So what is up with North? Do you know if he is on traveling squad, or is he gone for good? I personally hope he is playing , as I enjoy his offensive game and would like you guys to be at 100% for better ball game, plus the fact I enjoy Moorehead guarding the best scorer on opposing team, Any clues?

So it has been a bit odd about how hush hush things are regarding North.

I did hear a rumor at the game last weekend, and if true, North will be watching the game from Portland tonight.

These tough games are going to be a great chance for someone to make shots and freethrows in the clutch. I still have the most confidence in Rorie for clutch freethrows at this point. On the other hand maybe we will find a way to win comfortably ;)

I think the Sac State game might just be the push to go perfect. IE they dodged a bullet on the way to EWU and Idaho.

I bet they are really focused this weekend, in two hard places to win.

Paytonlives said:
I think the Sac State game might just be the push to go perfect. IE they dodged a bullet on the way to EWU and Idaho.

I bet they are really focused this weekend, in two hard places to win.

Could be. I think watching them, they've looked a little tired and about a 1/4 step slower on defense at times. Kinda wish that they had 1 more guy in the rotation as well as some spot duty late in those 20 point blow outs.

Time to step up another level. The schedule is about to get tougher. They can win them but they need to be mentally prepared for fights each night from here on out including the BSC tourney and hopefully the NCAA. This is the time of year that teams have to separate themselves from the rest.

Back