• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cat-Griz Quiz

Starting in 2010 to now ......

• The series is led by the Griz 5-3 if you count the 'vacated' win

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • The series is tied 4-4 officially

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The series is led by the Bobcats 5-3 counting the vacated win

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The series is led by the Bobcats 4-3 officially

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The series is led by the Griz 8-0 or 7-0 officially

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The series is led by the Bobcats 8-0

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, jDoub cherry picked dates, which by no coincidence were post-Hauck and compounded by the O'Day-Pflu-Engstrom-Krakwhore-Johnson, et al fiasco. Let's further cherry pick the period of Kramer's downfall(which I don't blame him personally), drug running, MURDER, and the resultant impact on scat football. And further, post this material on Bobscat Nation under some phoney poll about Bobscat irrelevance' vs Griz dominance. That should put this into a proper perspective. Of course, the post would have been erased on BN. That should stir the pot.

statler & waldorf said:
Look, jDoub cherry picked dates, which by no coincidence were post-Hauck and compounded by the O'Day-Pflu-Engstrom-Krakwhore-Johnson, et al fiasco. Let's further cherry pick the period of Kramer's downfall(which I don't blame him personally), drug running, MURDER, and the resultant impact on scat football. And further, post this material on Bobscat Nation under some phoney poll about Bobscat irrelevance' vs Griz dominance. That should put this into a proper perspective. Of course, the post would have been erased on BN. That should stir the pot.

Very accurate.

No cherry picking, just looking at this decade, seems most relevant to the next game, and a great hype builder for both sides going into the first Hauck-Choate contest. If I wanted to cherry pick, I'd pick the 20+ years prior to my last game as a Bobcat, 1985 -- from the formation of the Big Sky conference to that year the Bobcats were 17-6. So my personal bias when I signed with the Cats was that MSU dominated UM in my lifetime. Then WaGriz, Don Read, etc. happened. Still took a while for my perception to change, and admit griz dominated.

I did get corrected on BN, I think, it appears that per NCAA policy, the correct answer to this quiz is:

Bobcats 4-4*
Griz 3-4

NCAA is crazy, but vacated wins still count as losses for the opponent. NCAA is silent on series records when a win is vacated.

from wiki:
"The NCAA does not officially track series win-loss records, and has no policy for the treatment of vacated victories in such records. However, in 2009, at least three media reports discussing NCAA sanctions against the Alabama Crimson Tide football program stated that games with vacated wins are not counted at all in a series record between 2 teams.[4][5][6] While two of these reports are of uncertain reliability and do not establish or reflect an official NCAA position on the question, they are consistent with one another and thus as of the time of this essay would appear to reflect a consensus about how to reflect vacated wins in head-to-head series records. Omitting the game entirely in series records will not reflect the won-lost series records of either of the individual teams separately, and the method cannot be squared with the NCAA's express policy that only the win, and not the loss, is stricken. Nevertheless, under the NCAA's asymmetrical method of recording vacated wins, inconsistencies cannot be avoided altogether and it is the consensus of the editors that treating "vacated wins" as wholly "vacated contests" for purposes of series records, when properly annotated, is cleaner, more concise and more easily understood than posting separate series records from each team's point of view; and that, barring contradictory statements from the NCAA or other reliable sources, series records should be reflected in that fashion."

CDAGRIZ said:
statler & waldorf said:

Very accurate.

But the murderer that played for the Cats was a Basketball Player, not a football player. the Kid that was with the Basketball player never played for the Cats.

Back