• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL CBI TOURNAMENT for the GRIZ

LivingstonNative

The GRIZ have been invited to the CBI tournament according to coach Cobb. I believe this team deserves to be in the tournament. This is one of the best teams we’ve had in a long time. We have seniors on the team that have been with us for four years and it is amazing that we didn’t lose these guys through the portal.

We haven’t been to a postseason tournament, other than the big dance, in years. It’s going to cost the Griz approximately $27,500 for a spot in the 16 team tourney.

As for watching the game, Flohoops will be showing the first rounds. Flohoops minimum price for a subscription, for a month, is $30.

GO GRIZ‼️

The GRIZ have been invited to the CBI tournament according to coach Cobb. I believe this team deserves to be in the tournament. This is one of the best teams we’ve had in a long time. We have seniors on the team that have been with us for four years and it is amazing that we didn’t lose these guys through the portal.

We haven’t been to a postseason tournament, other than the big dance, in years. It’s going to cost the Griz approximately $27,500 for a spot in the 16 team tourney.

As for watching the game, Flohoops will be showing the first rounds. Flohoops minimum price for a subscription, for a month, is $30.

GO GRIZ‼️
This is a tough one for me. It’s sort of like the lesser bowls that no one likes playing in. If you had a young team and guys could get extra game reps, I could see it (or even if Money could play). You also no doubt will have kids hit the portal as soon as tomorrow.

I don't think this team is even in the top 10 of best teams weve had, but good for them I guess. Not sure I want to take any more time out of the year to watch this team play though, especially when they get mollywhopped by a frustrated power 5 school in the cbi

My hope is the Griz will call it a season at this point. They had an excellent year and the loss last night does not negate what they accomplished. It seems somewhat pointless and very expensive to extend the season by traveling across county to play in possibly just one game that very few Griz fans will be able to see.

My hope is the Griz will call it a season at this point. They had an excellent year and the loss last night does not negate what they accomplished. It seems somewhat pointless and very expensive to extend the season by traveling across county to play in possibly just one game that very few Griz fans will be able to see.
Might be pointless to us, but if the players want to play I think they should.

I  thought that the University had been in financial straights for the last 10-12 years. Shelling out $27,500 to go to a pointless game would seem to be a no-brainer. NO!!! Ever had a child who wanted something, but it was too expensive, so you had to say 'no?'
Unless Seth has a drawer full of cash, the answer to the question is 'no.'
In a related question, am I gonna pay $30 to watch a pointless fiasco 'cause I'm a Griz fan? No. I might find a sports book somewhere and BET that $30 on the game. Self centered? YOU BET!!! Not like I'm betting someone else's money, or spending someone else's money on a spur-of-the-moment junket to Spring Break at Daytona Beach! Besides, I might actually win a buck or two. I won't say how I'd bet, though.

I think it would be better if the Griz called it a year. The CBI is pointless and all Decuire is doing is trying to salvage a very disappointing ending to the season. Plus considering we’re losing all 5 starters and the portal opens on Monday. The staff should be getting busy recruiting. It’s a contract year for Decuire next year so perhaps he should get a jump start on building next years team

I'm all for going to the tourney, if the players want to go.

The season wasn't disappointing to me. The team had a disappointing 10 minutes after getting to the tourney championship and getting a nice lead, but as I have said, things happen. Being in the championship game and being so close was terrific for a no. 3 seed. I liked this team. Too bad they didn't have Money Williams.

So far I’ve only found two teams that have accepted invites to the CBI tournament. Northern Colorado, yes our NCU, and Evansville. Have not seen anything “official” on a Griz invite or acceptance other than Cobb’s and Travis’s comments. I’d be surprised if Eastern didn’t get an invite as well. They could have a funding issue though.
As far as the Griz participation goes the $27,500 should not be an issue. The QB Club could easily come up with money.
There has been a lot of rhetoric about should they go, is it a cost issue, it’s a worthless exhibition etc, etc. Personally I think it should be a team decision and not debated by a bunch of misfits disappointed with the loss to the cats.

So far I’ve only found two teams that have accepted invites to the CBI tournament. Northern Colorado, yes our NCU, and Evansville. Have not seen anything “official” on a Griz invite or acceptance other than Cobb’s and Travis’s comments. I’d be surprised if Eastern didn’t get an invite as well. They could have a funding issue though.
As far as the Griz participation goes the $27,500 should not be an issue. The QB Club could easily come up with money.
There has been a lot of rhetoric about should they go, is it a cost issue, it’s a worthless exhibition etc, etc. Personally I think it should be a team decision and not debated by a bunch of misfits disappointed with the loss to the cats.
Assuming you mean the Hoops Club? But maybe QB club would be willing to help?

Back