• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Champion Center Pics

IntuitiveGriz said:
They said it is going to be a 2-story weight room in the south end of the building (where excavators are in the above photo).

Question: Does that mean it will be 2 levels (separated by a floor/celling), or will it be just 1 huge level weight room (from the ground all the way up to the second story ceiling)?

I think its two levels with a podium structure over a portion of the top with additional equipment/track

BadlandsGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
They said it is going to be a 2-story weight room in the south end of the building (where excavators are in the above photo).

Question: Does that mean it will be 2 levels (separated by a floor/celling), or will it be just 1 huge level weight room (from the ground all the way up to the second story ceiling)?

I think its two levels with a podium structure over a portion of the top with additional equipment/track

Here is a link that shows some concept pictures. They loaded for me kinda funny but if you tilt your laptop/tablet/phone... http://www.gogriz.com/documents/2017/4/3//Champion_Center_Booklet.pdf?id=3166

grizfan406 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Here is a link that shows some concept pictures. They loaded for me kinda funny but if you tilt your laptop/tablet/phone... http://www.gogriz.com/documents/2017/4/3//Champion_Center_Booklet.pdf?id=3166

Awesome, thanks. That's what I had pictured in my head.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I heard that originally they were planning to have an escalator connect the two floors. Then a very small but highly vocal Missoula-based group of accident prone alcoholics threatened to protest the construction of the Champion Center. They go by the name of Group Against Escalators (GAE). Their motto is Guns don't Kill People, Escalators do.

july.jpg

BadlanddsGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Yeah those will be some high ceilings for a weight room lol.

Using Google Earth it looks like extending construction behind the south end of the west stands could seriously limit the size of any last major expansion of stadium seating. I'm surprised they didn't move the footprint further south into the parking lot to avoid cramping the west concourse? But then there never has been any real planning about what comes next regarding additions to Wa-Griz.

Silvertip said:
Using Google Earth it looks like extending construction behind the south end of the west stands could seriously limit the size of any last major expansion of stadium seating. I'm surprised they didn't move the footprint further south into the parking lot to avoid cramping the west concourse? But then there never has been any real planning about what comes next regarding additions to Wa-Griz.

Guessing that any expansion would be west side press box and some seating. Maybe mirror the east side.

Looking down the road...

Where will they put the indoor practice field? I assume the South end-zone parking lot?

I asked Kent last year about a possible expansion and where the stands would go. He said any expansion is designed to go over the center but not actually sit on top. He said the building is designed to, eventually, have stands over the building

putter said:
I asked Kent last year about a possible expansion and where the stands would go. He said any expansion is designed to go over the center but not actually sit on top. He said the building is designed to, eventually, have stands over the building

I think we need to add 4-5 levels of box seating on the west side--show us the money! However the sunny side might just become just as shady as the current configuration casts a shadow over a 1/3 of the field.

George Ferguson said:
I believe the plan has always been for the indoor facility to be at the River Bowl

There are two possible locations for the indoor facility. If they get the big donation that allows for all bells and whistles then the river bowl site is actually too small of a footprint and the facility would be over by the soccer/softball/track complex. If they don't get all the money for the full option build then it will be at the river bowl.

I can't imagine were even close to thinking about expanding the stadium. And putter, when you say the seats are gonna go over the center, does that mean on the west side on top of the press box?

putter said:

They should've put a party deck on top of the champions center like how the Osprey has theirs

As some may recall Dennison was approved by the BOR for the east side expansion to be 4,000, but he, for whatever reason decided to cut the project in half to 2,000 seats. My guess: George, with his supply and demand attitude of adding seats as needed, never wanted to risk the stadium not being sold out. So someday those 2,000 seats, and no doubt more, will be added at a substantially higher per seat cost than when first proposed.

BWahlberg said:
putter said:

They should've put a party deck on top of the champions center like how the Osprey has theirs

My thoughts and old post somewhere too. Wait.....hot tubs like the loungers in BB...Dec. game espn... :shock:

Back