• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

grizghost said:
birdieman said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Many of the coaches on the team have family. I can think of one in particular that has withstood 3 coaching changes.
He's still here.
If family and future was that important, Ty shouldn't have had his night out in Boulder. As far as him wanting to be a Griz, there was also a rumor he had or at least was interested in the Nau job and threw his name in. These posts read like he has been a DC for 20 yrs. He's a Colorado alum, not a Griz.
He was a LB coach. Was still a LB coach when he came back to Montana, until he got promoted. I think he's a good LB coach and will leave it at that.

He lost me when he went blue and started taunting the assistants on social media. The Griz saved his career, imo.

If he couldn't handle it, I don't feel bad for him. We all aren't afforded the luxury of bosses that will coddle us.
What does it really say about a guy that leaves Stitt, goes to State, once a new coach is hired there and then wants to come back, when that new coach is still in building mode?
Yeah, no thanks.

...for what its worth Stitt wanted Ty out and Semore in..just for the record!

Ty was all butt hurt that he did not get the HC job.

Ursus1 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Candidates emerge for Montana's head coaching opening
https://skylinesportsmt.com/candidates-emerge-for-montanas-head-coaching-opening/

Click bait.....free advertising.

as i have posted before but thanks for confirming

grizghost said:
birdieman said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Many of the coaches on the team have family. I can think of one in particular that has withstood 3 coaching changes.
He's still here.
If family and future was that important, Ty shouldn't have had his night out in Boulder. As far as him wanting to be a Griz, there was also a rumor he had or at least was interested in the Nau job and threw his name in. These posts read like he has been a DC for 20 yrs. He's a Colorado alum, not a Griz.
He was a LB coach. Was still a LB coach when he came back to Montana, until he got promoted. I think he's a good LB coach and will leave it at that.

He lost me when he went blue and started taunting the assistants on social media. The Griz saved his career, imo.

If he couldn't handle it, I don't feel bad for him. We all aren't afforded the luxury of bosses that will coddle us.
What does it really say about a guy that leaves Stitt, goes to State, once a new coach is hired there and then wants to come back, when that new coach is still in building mode?
Yeah, no thanks.

...for what its worth Stitt wanted Ty out and Semore in..just for the record!

No new coach coming to a program still dealing with sanctions should have been forced to keep a jilted runner up for the job. Bad mistake. Cost stitt a year in the rebuild dealing with it and all negativity and division it caused.

Ty not head coach material. Too thin skinned. Always too apologetic about poor performances by his defense when there was a bad game. Went on and on about it. Say "we had a shitty game, we'll get better", and move on. New then that being the head guy, at least at this point, not in his DNA.

Also not sure if BH is the best choice or not. Not for me to decide. But he has something to sell recruits with all his proven success and NC appearances at UM and one thing he's not is thin skinned or indecisive. He's tough as nails. Players better buckle up if he's their new coach. When we went from Glenn to BH, I remember Jon Talmadge telling friends he hated him and that if he weren't a Sr he'd leave. Lose some with every new coaching hire. Some coaches will lose more than others. That said, he may be what is needed right now.

Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up. Appears Bobcat football is going up. Our Grizzlies are headed down. Nobody to blame but ourselves. We want instant home wins by wide margin, sail through the conference and sail through the playoffs here in Missoula. It's the money guys, the money. Take the time to rebuild from the ground up. Big mistake to keep the one year temp coach 3 years. Why? Because we did not want to lose any home games and keep playoffs here but sooner or later we will pay the price. Dragging a past coach into picture is dumb blind thinking. How about Don Read? C'mon now. Think they should look twice at keeping this AD who pulled a major boo boo hiring you know who.

exsaint said:
Hauck makes 350k. Get real unless AD and Griz Athletics cough up$$$. Bobby H will be next SD Coach when Long retires.

AD fires Head Coach to save his own job. Bad deal this was done without a plan.

How do you know there isn't a plan?

cclarkblues said:
exsaint said:
Hauck makes 350k. Get real unless AD and Griz Athletics cough up$$$. Bobby H will be next SD Coach when Long retires.

Considering he just made up salaries you should just ignore him. There was a plan and the plan is completed.

Jack bradley said:
Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up.

So you think Hauck isn't even a candidate? Also, how was he treated like shit? He wasn't forced out, he went to coach an FBS school.

Anyone seen the Lady Griz practice lately? That practice player Tommy Tirrell is an ATHLETE. whoever the next coach is needs to give this guy a serious look. Could really strengthen our secondary and let’s be honest, we have some serious holes back there...

Potomac Griz said:
Jack bradley said:
Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up.

So you think Hauck isn't even a candidate? Also, how was he treated like shit? He wasn't forced out, he went to coach an FBS school.

He's trolling, ignore him

mtgrizfankb said:
cclarkblues said:
exsaint said:

Considering he just made up salaries you should just ignore him. There was a plan and the plan is completed.

With stipends-camps, bowls, etc. a college coach at that level goes up in $$, hence around 350k. Stipends aren't added within salary.
Big money played the puck in the firing of current coach. A move was made without a plan in place.

exsaint said:
mtgrizfankb said:
cclarkblues said:
exsaint said:

With stipends-camps, bowls, etc. a college coach at that level goes up in $$, hence around 350k. Stipends aren't added within salary.
Big money played the puck in the firing of current coach. A move was made without a plan in place.

Once again, what evidence can you produce that there was no plan?

Not aimed at anyone in particular but it's really hard for some people to not be in the know on every single thing isn't it? For all we know Hauck might be a done deal...or told Haslam to fuck off...or was never contacted at all.

Bottom line we don't know shit, and all the arguing and hand wringing is getting goofy. Let's see who is actually hired before we start debating if assistant coaches will be kept and stuff like that, cart is
getting way ahead of the horse on this one.

..hauck is making about 200k with Aztec's with incentives..actually he could do better here when you
figure in the cost of living in Cali..plus he's with family and friends.

Jack bradley said:
Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up. Appears Bobcat football is going up. Our Grizzlies are headed down. Nobody to blame but ourselves. We want instant home wins by wide margin, sail through the conference and sail through the playoffs here in Missoula. It's the money guys, the money. Take the time to rebuild from the ground up. Big mistake to keep the one year temp coach 3 years. Why? Because we did not want to lose any home games and keep playoffs here but sooner or later we will pay the price. Dragging a past coach into picture is dumb blind thinking. How about Don Read? C'mon now. Think they should look twice at keeping this AD who pulled a major boo boo hiring you know who.

Based on what objective measure? :roll: :lol: Quality losses?

Paytonlives said:
So far its been reported that :

Bobby Hauck (San Diego State- Special Teams)
Brent Pease (Unattached)
Kevin Kane (N. Illinois- Def Coordinator)

Lets try to keep this to coaches that have applied or have contacted UM

Brent Pease PLEASE (hopefull he will hire Kane as his DC). I really thing the Bobby ship has sailed y'all.

NewPapaBear said:
Paytonlives said:

Brent Pease (Unattached)

Brent Pease PLEASE (hopefull he will hire Kane as his DC). I really thing the Bobby ship has sailed y'all.

Pease has been fired from his last three jobs. Apparently his employers thought a little less of him than you do. He will not coach at UM

maroonandsilver said:
NewPapaBear said:
Paytonlives said:

Brent Pease (Unattached)

Pease has been fired from his last three jobs. Apparently his employers thought a little less of him than you do. He will not coach at UM
Are these due to personal issues, alleged improprieties or just being a part of the wrong group of ass't coaches on someone else's staff. I suppose you also are holding you breath for BH. Don't pass out waiting!

NewPapaBear said:
maroonandsilver said:
NewPapaBear said:
Paytonlives said:

Brent Pease (Unattached)

Are these due to personal issues, alleged improprieties or just being a part of the wrong group of ass't coaches on someone else's staff. I suppose you also are holding you breath for BH. Don't pass out waiting!
1) Kane is not coming here to be a D Coordinator, he is already a DC at a higher level. This is typical Griz fan lenses not in touch with the outside college football world, no offense.

2) Pease has been fired several places in the last five years, including UW where he was the only staff member let go. Pease is in articles of consideration because his agent has leaked his expressed interest to the press. I doubt he get serious consideration for the head job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NewPapaBear said:
maroonandsilver said:
NewPapaBear said:
Paytonlives said:

Brent Pease (Unattached)

Reading sportswriter/author Leonard Shecter (see 'The Jocks') years ago, I learned the term: "Red Ass".
It fits Brent Pease well.

Back